Stewart's return game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
I thought he was quiet today which was to be expected.  He made two try saving tackles when our forwards invited the Scum to run through them, which was nice of them really to give Brett a chance to rehearse covering tackles.  Not a quicksilver display but steady.     

He also appeared hesitant in attacking the ball when it was in the in goal area which is understandable.

The most poignant fact of this topic is that Stewart was quiet today yet he was on of our better players.

Probably what was expected. Looked a bit timid, didn't really look comfortable running the ball back, but good to see him get through the game.

That was the kind of attack I expected from him. His defense was awesome as usual and saved 3 tries I thought.

I think it was our attack as much as his. Defense is something Brett could do in his sleep, it will be a few more weeks till brett gets his timing back

Pros
1) Try saving tackles
2) Not injured
3) Nice passing for a couple of tries

Cons
1) Timid running ball back
2) Little out of position for long kicks
3) Couple of errors

Overall - a solid return. Very glad to have him back out there.

Couple more weeks and he'll be running with the venom we know he has.

I have to say he didnt shy away from carrying the ball back

I thought Stewart was quite good. Three try saving tackles plus last pass for two tries, each of which his pace and positional play committed inside men to give Robbo a saloon passage to the line. He hesitated on once occasion in-goal but the wicked bounce killed him. He made one very bad error when running from dummy half but he had a lot of friends on that one.

Even Stewart playing his first game for several months was miles better than 95% of the rest of the team.

His kick return has always been the weak part of his game

Other than that, he was pretty bloody good, would have been dead and buried early if he wasn't at the back to tidy up

Maybe that was today's ploy, defend like **** so Stewy can get some tackling practise

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4