Stewart looking for Catalans deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Danny the worm has laid these latest castings regarding Brett's situation. Not only isn't he leaving, he's looking for an extension.@:eek:

Snake eyes 2018

Brett Stewart is not keen on calling it a day in the NRL and has been talking about playing in 2018.

Something that certainly has not been discussed is a move to France to play with his brother Glenn. There is a thought Stewart would benefit from playing on both sides of the field again, rather than being limited to the left side of the field. As for being told to look at other clubs, that hasn't been relayed to Stewart.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-be-picked-20160625-gprwx5.html#ixzz4Caw9keLq
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook
As a fullback, does he not play both sides of the field now? :rolleyes:

This is Weidler right?

The bloke who is always writing fluff pieces for Twatmough and Foran?

Geeee I don't see a connection here......

Let the propoganda machine roll on.

Last edited:
This is the Brett I will never forget. He took my young bloke aside and spoke to him at a fans training session. Look at Brett in this photo! Happy, smiling...the future of Manly 2004View attachment 3892
Such a beautiful picture becomes so heartbreaking in light of what he has become.
I thought at the time of the court case that he was being wrongly advised to hang on to resentment. Yes, a dreadful thing happened to him and was exacerbated by the media and NRL. That degree of extreme public (and wrong) judgement would, unimaginably, damage a person.
It did seem to me though, that he was encouraged in his resentment: not talking to the media, the ongoing feud with Gallop.
Of course this was justified but I think smarter guidance would have encouraged him to move forward and not fester.
I think he became bitter and I've noticed in life that once a person becomes bitter, there is rarely a return.
Maybe @Rex could comment.
I mourn the loss of the Brett of this picture.

Such a beautiful picture becomes so heartbreaking in light of what he has become.
I thought at the time of the court case that he was being wrongly advised to hang on to resentment. Yes, a dreadful thing happened to him and was exacerbated by the media and NRL. That degree of extreme public (and wrong) judgement would, unimaginably, damage a person.
It did seem to me though, that he was encouraged in his resentment: not talking to the media, the ongoing feud with Gallop.
Of course this was justified but I think smarter guidance would have encouraged him to move forward and not fester.
I think he became bitter and I've noticed in life that once a person becomes bitter, there is rarely a return.
Maybe @Rex could comment.
I mourn the loss of the Brett of this picture.

ZtH and Barry Stewart are like BFF's, at one time I had a bit to do with Barry, that resentment was fuelled very much by ZtH's attitude at the time.

Remember he was there every moment during the court appearance.

I can understand his attitude re Gallop, but at times in life you just need to move on, and he never did.

I imagine the match fixing accusations ( true or false) will be having a fair bit to do with his head space at present.

I imagine the match fixing accusations ( true or false) will be having a fair bit to do with his head space at present.
I wonder if he would ever have been anywhere near these match fixing allegations had his whole attitude to the world not been changed by his approach after the court case.
Yet more ZtH has to answer for.

We can't afford to keep 30+ year old, struggling, injury riddled players in key positions, hoping they will be better in the next two years.

The first problem is that they are not in form.

The problem this creates for younger players is this:
a) They are being denied the opportunity to play in their preferred position.
b) They walk because of reason a) or they are told they are not needed.
c) If/when said older injury prone players become injured, we struggle even further because we offloaded our talented replacements because of the above reasons - see: Hiku, Gutherson, Whare, etc.

I mean no disrespect. But if we were the Broncos, I think we know which player/s Wayne Bennett would have tapped on the shoulder... last year.

Last edited:
I really think our best hope of building any kind of team is with Brett and Matai.

Their form is a real worry, but no more so than the form of DCE, Myles and Lewis. At least they has spilled blood for our team.

I really think our best hope of building any kind of team is with Brett and Matai.

Their form is a real worry, but no more so than the form of DCE, Myles and Lewis. At least they has spilled blood for our team.
DCEs form has been much better than Stewart and Matai. Stewart has been non existent and having him longer will destroy the untrue of this team

These guys have give their all for our club and have been absolute champions but the building can't start until they are gone unfortunately. The money they are using in our cap space isn't allowing us to make any moves in the player market to set up a good young roster. Our window for success has shut for now and we need to bring in/nurture the next crop to succeed and dominate for another 10 years. This will mean sacrificing 2017 for dominance in 2018 and onwards.
Some big peices of the puzzle need to be moved now!

DCE's form over the last 18 months or so has not been better than Matai.
DCE was pretty good last year one of the better halves last year but wasn't at his best. He recorded 18 try assists, 5 tries, 5 40/20s. Pretty good.
Skivvi has been injured for the last 2 years basically. He hasn't been poor but has been no where near DCEs level.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8