Stewart Bros.Talking to Dragons???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Also if DES takes the medical staff would that have an effect on Brett as he has been working very hard with them over the past few years?

What difference does it make to them being coached under Toovey or coached under another completely different coach

WAMF said:
Same club that weren't interested in both of them when they were younger. I think they would no go near the joint.

Technically the Dragons were very interested in Brett but didn't think Glenn was worth it.

silver said:
There is a thread on Jubilee Ave. (Dragqueens Forum) of the Brett & Glenn with 3 other 'business' type people talking to Peter Doust at St. George Leagues.

I know it isn't confirmed and could be BS, but could things to consider that there may be some truth in it are;
1. They are Wollongong juniors and thier parents still live down there.
2. Zorba getting punted wasn't liked as they are close to him.
3. They are the only ones not to come out and dismiss talk of activating their get out clauses.
4. Moltzen will likely stay at the Tigers now that Lui appears to be on the way out and that comes my source within the Tigers administration.

Anyone else heard something similar?

....and the world is going to end on 21 Dec 2012.

Cambo said:
as i keep saying if we can get Zorba on the board these two will go no where

You are quite correct and be confident about it.

Earnie the Eagle said:

So Des will never be a Dog and Hoppa will never be an Eel. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

So the mob that didn't get Snake as they wouldn't take on Gift as he was apparently no good, now wants Gift so bad they are willing to put up with a crocked Snake to get him.

Dragoons.

Geez folks - if they or anyone else is not fully behind Manly and doesn't want to stay - THEN GO.

If you want to stay - THEN STAY.

Who cares, I'm over it.

Let's jus enjoy the win and worry about next year - next year. And for that matter the year after.:cool:

[attachment=197]

I don't think that there is much in this at all

Sounds like the Queens fans don't want them anyway

Would hate to see them go there

Attachments

• Dragons.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 72
MadMarcus said:
Earnie the Eagle said:

So Des will never be a Dog and Hoppa will never be an Eel. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

....and Manly will be the last recorded (somwhere) Premiers and to have done it back to back. Suck eggs Dogs supporters no premiersship for you lmao..........

With the money Brett would have lost in the court case $250k +, plus the loss of future marketing opportunities with his name & reputation muddied who could expect him to stay at Manly for less money, IF more money is being offered to him from elsewhere.

I don't know whether Brett feels loyalty to the club, Des, Zorba, Tooves or the mascot - I guess time will tell on that - but I would be surprised if he left for money.

I think they will stay.

MadMarcus said:
I don't know whether Brett feels loyalty to the club, Des, Zorba, Tooves or the mascot - I guess time will tell on that - but I would be surprised if he left for money.

I think they will stay.

Put a figure on it. How much less per season would you expect them to stay for ?

I think if there was anything solid on this the telegraph would be all over it rubbing our faces in it with pleasure.
If clubs are chasing the Stewarts for big money one thing they would need to consider is that by the time 2013 kicks off B.Stewart will be 28 and G.Stewart will be 29.
Throwing big money at older players isn't great business.
I demand they stay at Manly.

Ceagle said:
How about the 300k we paid him to sit on the sidelines?

I can't see how this would come into it. He was under contract and was entitled to be paid. Manly weren't paying him as a favour, they were legally obliged to. I hope they both stay though. I can't imagine cheering against the Stewies. Dessie going is bad enough.

How is this rumor even possibly true? The telegraph is running anything at all with the "manly hemorrhaging from within" premise; Brett and Glen would know that if they went to the Dragons league's club with club bosses it would be Telegraph pulp friction in the next days......

And your point about Glen and Brett not discussing the clause is irrelevant for two reasons; they're contracted until end of 2012 and Des is likely to stay, but they avoid the press anyway (especially Brett) so when the journo's ask,ask,ask Brett to comment....he says no comment.....he did this all year and all last year and all 2009.

Isn't Glenn signed up until the end of 2014 anyway. I've never heard that he has a get out clause.

Both Stewies love Manly and the fans. I would be shocked if they left.
But it is their life and they can do as they wish.
But it would be s shame to end as just a other player where if they stay here for their playing life they will both go down as legends of our club.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2