Stewart Bros.Talking to Dragons???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silver

Reserve Grader
There is a thread on Jubilee Ave. (Dragqueens Forum) of the Brett & Glenn with 3 other 'business' type people talking to Peter Doust at St. George Leagues.

I know it isn't confirmed and could be BS, but could things to consider that there may be some truth in it are;
1. They are Wollongong juniors and thier parents still live down there.
2. Zorba getting punted wasn't liked as they are close to him.
3. They are the only ones not to come out and dismiss talk of activating their get out clauses.
4. Moltzen will likely stay at the Tigers now that Lui appears to be on the way out and that comes my source within the Tigers administration.

Anyone else heard something similar?

Wouldn't believe that Stewart would leave Manly after what we did for him. We were the only club to support him the past 2 years whilst other fans would insult him and we also had to take the full blow of bad publicity from the Gallop/Stewart saga.

Not sure whether Brett perceives the support was from the "Club" or from Des and Zorba personally. Considering the latter two won't be around much longer it may influence his thinking.

Ceagle said:
Wouldn't believe that Stewart would leave Manly after what we did for him. We were the only club to support him the past 2 years whilst other fans would insult him and we also had to take the full blow of bad publicity from the Gallop/Stewart saga.

You are right up to a point here.

Who were 2 of the biggest supporters for them at the time?

Zorba and Des. And where are they going to be soon, or not going to be...

Chip and Chase said:
Not sure whether Brett perceives the support was from the "Club" or from Des and Zorba personally. Considering the latter two won't be around much longer it may influence his thinking.

snap :)

These 'get out' clauses are at the heart of all that's gone on. Coach/control/ clauses. Not a good trifecta.

as i keep saying if we can get Zorba on the board these two will go no where

I'd be very disappointed in them personally if they left over Zorba and Des. The whole club and all its fans supported Brett during the 'troubles', and I'd hope the family recognize that fact. As well, early on we took both of them when the Goons only wanted one, and wouldn't consider Glenn in their equation. Couldn't they hear all the abuse and cat-calls from those other club supporters when they ran out? The Goons are a bunch of hypocrites.

Dragonarmy is the only forum worth reading about for goings on at st George.

Brett is only contracted to 2012 in any case, with Hasler still coaching Manly in 2012 his get out cause is redundant. Brett would have been on the open market for 2013 regardless.

Cambo said:
as i keep saying if we can get Zorba on the board these two will go no where

In my opinion, if they'll only stay if Zorba has a role in the club then catchya later and thanks for the memories.

I personally don't believe they are that soft, but I don't know them personally either.

2 great players, amongst my all time favourite Manly players.

Not that great they are able to dictate terms.

I could say they are "high maintenance".

Hopefully they are Eagles for life.

Same club that weren't interested in both of them when they were younger. I think they would no go near the joint.

Seriously, one would assume there is an affiliation with Geoff Toovey, their existing demographic and the club itself as well wouldn't they?

Do people think (and I reckon Crusher may stay), any player would turn their back on him and Tooves, and leave especially Tooves in the lurch.

Tooves is the forgotten piece of the pie here. He's also done an awful lot for and with these guys.

If True maybe they are looking to play closer to home!!

They are gettin on in age and would be demanding BIG BIG bucks as a package deal..

I would be devestated as they are 2 of my fav players, that being said though good things dont last forever.

I reckon Manly should do a swap and go after the Stanley Brothers all 3 of them they are guns

No swapping, where's the loyalty here? We stuck with these guys. Fed them both, when one would have moulded down in the Gong. Developed them both to rep standard. Put up with very little play for a couple of seasons from Brett. Suspensions at the wrong end of two seasons from Glenn. If they go I'll be disappointed in them as people. Not that anyone is irreplaceable, but there's got to be loyalty within clubs. I hate the Goons and would hate to see them run around in their colours.

As good as the Stewart brothers are, the Dragons have lost the plot if they chase them. The Dragons should be putting all their efforts into retaining as many of their juniors as possible rather than chasing top dollar recruits. That way they can retain the NEXT Stewart brothers rather than try to pick up Brett and Glenn who have already given their best years to another (better) club.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8