stevies dummy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
stevie is copping plenty for his dummy.have another look.Barba was there easily and his goal line defence is good against big men.50/50 call and he shouldnt be hung for it.

At the time i thought the dummy was the right move thinking along the same lines, on replay it's a little more 50/50. I have no problem with the dummy---it was not a selfish act Stevie just thought it was the right option.

I reckon Jorge would have scored as well - he seems to be quite powerful when close to the line and takes some stopping. That being said I reckon we missed Steve's surging runs from dummy half. We really struggled to go forward in the second half

Chances are Jorge would've scored but 9 out of 10 Matai scores.
It was the %age play, he obviously thought he'd score himself and chances are he didn't even see Tolman having a bludge on his line.
Just say he throws the pass and somehow Jorge f@#ks it up, we'd all be hanging him for not going himself.
Even if we score in the corner DCE has to land the kick, maybe that was in Matai's thoughts too - throw the dummy and be closer to the sticks.
mmm...hindsight, second guessing and mind reading are wonderful things.

I think Jorge would have scored, but I agree in most cases Matai would have scored throwing the dummy. THe reason he didn't wasnt tollman but Inu who for some reason just didn't buy it and stood his ground. He blocked the try line and Tolman cleaned up Matai as he bounced of him. Very unfortunate but reflective of our night....

Short of a shocking pass or Tafua dropping one cold, Matai passes, we score. Still would have been a tough kick to tie it up, but at least we would have had the chance. Just a bad decision, life goes on.

If Stevie passed, Jorge would have gone for the corner and in desperation, barba would have kicked it out of his hands. The video ref would have looked at it, awarded manly a penalty try under the sticks, and give barba 10 in the bin.

Who knows what would have happened if he passed? Can't blame the loss on a what if.

I blew up because Jorge would've been the only one to get there.(on his form last night) .

Seriously people this is not why we lost.

Our ball control was awful.

Losing Jamie virtually eliminated our right side attack.

The disjointed left side. You can really feel Foz's frustration with T-Rex and his inability/refusal to run the lines he wants.

As a result we had little structure in attack and they handled us easily.

Stevie's dummy instead of passing was inconsequential.

simon64 said:

That's what this thread is about...we all know why we lost..we sucked a big one in semi 1.

simon64 said:
The disjointed left side. You can really feel Foz's frustration with T-Rex and his inability/refusal to run the lines he wants.

As a result we had little structure in attack and they handled us easily.

I bet Foran is glad he's not going to Belmore with the tin man. There is no love lost between the pair.

wombatgc said:
simon64 said:

That's what this thread is about...we all know why we lost..we sucked a big one in semi 1.

I realise that wombat. It was the subsequent posts claiming he passes Jorge scores etc that I was referring to.

"We sucked a big one" is about as technical as we need to get. It was pretty ugly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4