Stay home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Moops

Bencher
The supermarkets told me four or five days ago that I didn't need to panic buy toilet paper as there were no supply issues. Since then the shelves have been empty. I guess that's why people do panic buy!

pt73

Bencher
Dumb and dumber #1

"Really concerningly overnight we saw a person come directly from Greater Sydney, she turned up at our checkpoint here at the Gold Coast Highway, had lied to us about where she had been, so our diligent police turned her around," he said.

"She then attended the M1 checkpoint and attempted to gain entry there, because she made another attempt to come in and we knew where she had come from, she was given an infringement notice for $4000."

And #2:

"The 17 people placed in hotel quarantine from NSW over the past few days all arrived in Melbourne by air without a permit, according to the Victorian Health Department. So we have people who came out of the northern beaches on Saturday and Sunday"

"We have some of those 17 who are in hotel quarantine because they arrived at an airport despite being asked not to leave the northern beaches"

That'll be a fun Christmas and New Year in hotel quarantine which they'd be funding.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The supermarkets told me four or five days ago that I didn't need to panic buy toilet paper as there were no supply issues. Since then the shelves have been empty. I guess that's why people do panic buy!
This is probably more Xmas related than pandemic, but - unsalted butter? Had to get some obscure brand as it's all gone. And no icing sugar! Looks like everyone is making cakes this year

Ned

Bencher

WHO says national lockdowns should only be used in 'really extreme circumstances'

I guess 50 positive tests is extreme in NSW

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is probably more Xmas related than pandemic, but - unsalted butter? Had to get some obscure brand as it's all gone. And no icing sugar! Looks like everyone is making cakes this year

Exactly the same thing happened when we locked down up here in March.

With my wife recently diagnosed as a diabetic we decided to just get home delivery.

Mince .....nope sold out
Toilet Paper.....nope sold out
Self Raising Flour ....nope sold out
Castor Suger .....nope sold out
Butter.....nope sold out
Yeast .....nope sold out

Took us weeks to get even the basics , items like rice , pasta we impossible for a while although there was plenty of veggies all the way.

The panic buying is ridiculous.

Leader of the Flock

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It was interesting to me to watch all that happening in Oz, I was in PNG, and there wasn’t, from memory, many shortages; face masks and hand sanitizer were the notable exceptions. I had a few conversations with my family on the Central Coast and they remarked about the toilet paper shortage, whilst the local supermarket in Port Moresby that I frequent had pallets of toilet paper in the isles in anticipation of a run on toilet paper(sorry, bad pun), panic buying, never happened really.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
Exactly the same thing happened when we locked down up here in March.

With my wife recently diagnosed as a diabetic we decided to just get home delivery.

Mince .....nope sold out
Toilet Paper.....nope sold out
Self Raising Flour ....nope sold out
Castor Suger .....nope sold out
Butter.....nope sold out
Yeast .....nope sold out

Took us weeks to get even the basics , items like rice , pasta we impossible for a while although there was plenty of veggies all the way.

The panic buying is ridiculous.
I was talking to an old bloke I know around that time and made some comment about all these idiots panic buying....yeah, he said, pretty stupid "I'll be alright though, I've got three full fridges and a freezer at home, just bought another freezer to be safe, they were selling out quick"....the bloke lives by himself, wife's dead and he eats like a sparrow. Don't know how he was off for toilet paper but I'm pretty sure he'd have had that covered.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I was talking to an old bloke I know around that time and made some comment about all these idiots panic buying....yeah, he said, pretty stupid "I'll be alright though, I've got three full fridges and a freezer at home, just bought another freezer to be safe, they were selling out quick"....the bloke lives by himself, wife's dead and he eats like a sparrow. Don't know how he was off for toilet paper but I'm pretty sure he'd have had that covered.

Tis weird that 'over here' this second wave is a lot more widespread than the first, but the apathy seems a lot higher. So much so that there's been no panic buying of the usuals.

I'm not sure how Ontario is going to react now that their premier has just announced a total lockdown from dec 26th (coincidence) onwards.

Dirty east coasters.

C'mon vaccine!

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
Tis weird that 'over here' this second wave is a lot more widespread than the first, but the apathy seems a lot higher. So much so that there's been no panic buying of the usuals.

I'm not sure how Ontario is going to react now that their premier has just announced a total lockdown from dec 26th (coincidence) onwards.

Dirty east coasters.

C'mon vaccine!
I suppose people are becoming inured to it all now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18