State of Origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

qldeagle

Bencher
I've been supporting Manly for 53 years and have lived in Qld for 22 years following a 31 year stint on the northern beaches born and bred. I've coughed up a membership to just support the team I love every year even though I can't go to every game. I just can't put up with all this sh*t anymore and this will be my last membership year. To see the other teams put in and basically play for each other makes my blood boil. They can fu*k around with this club all they like now, I just don't care. DCE, Foran and Watmough you've created such a toxic environment, God only knows how many fans will pull out this year. It's not about the team, loyalty and the will to see your team mates thrive in a competitive environment, it's 100% about the $' s and not giving a stuff what team you play for. It's been a hoot and I've loved every minute of it, good and bad. Things are very different now and if they don't care, why should I.

Sorry I stuffed up with this post these were my thoughts a month ago and somehow ended up here. I was supposed to post the article in tonight's foxsports re Watmough-and State of Origin

State of Origin: Anthony Watmough says he’s not too old for Origin as he fights to keep Blues spot
Parra prepare for Storm

0:41

ANTHONY Watmough insists he is still young enough for Origin — although it isn’t just his birth certificate where the numbers game may be lost.

A NSW mainstay through seven series and 14 matches, Watmough is suddenly fighting to retain his position from a mob of younger rivals including Josh Jackson, Tyson Frizell and Joel Thompson.

According to Fox Sports Statistics, the Country Origin trio are all averaging more minutes, metres, linebreaks and offloads than the 31-year-old Blues incumbent — who is playing 53 minutes per game and making 83m.

He is more concerned about Parramattas form which is right to say. Obviously the Eels are just biding their time till Foran comes and makes them the best team in the comp. Brad did promise choc that and rightly so. Foran is the son of the messiah maybe even a bloodline to the Dalia Arthur himself.

Sorry I stuffed up with this post these were my thoughts a month ago and somehow ended up here. I was supposed to post the article in tonight's foxsports re Watmough-and State of Origin

You can always delete your post by....clicking the delete button (you don't have to give a reason when it asks you for one.....I always put because dan smells though)

Or you can edit your post and say....change it to pics of kittens.

Then you don't need to put another post saying sorry about the first post.

Which you can still do if you want, just wanted to make sure living in Qld hasn't effected certain...things. :)

edit: (see what I did there?)...Or you can delete this whole thread if you want!!

Now is the time the club needs us to support it. The good times are there for us to enjoy, the bad times are there for us to show solidarity.

As for the article, ask yourself, would you rather have in Manly colours the 2015 version of Choc or would you rather have Jackson. It's a no brainer.

I've been supporting Manly for 53 years and have lived in Qld for 22 years following a 31 year stint on the northern beaches born and bred. I've coughed up a membership to just support the team I love every year even though I can't go to every game. I just can't put up with all this sh*t anymore and this will be my last membership year. To see the other teams put in and basically play for each other makes my blood boil. They can fu*k around with this club all they like now, I just don't care. DCE, Foran and Watmough you've created such a toxic environment, God only knows how many fans will pull out this year. It's not about the team, loyalty and the will to see your team mates thrive in a competitive environment, it's 100% about the $' s and not giving a stuff what team you play for. It's been a hoot and I've loved every minute of it, good and bad. Things are very different now and if they don't care, why should I.
That is a shame. I pay my membership every year as well and only attend around 5 of the games but I continually hold hope it will all turn around. I noticed yesterday on twitter that we have reached 12000 members for the year. I then contacted them to ask what our membership was last year. The answer was 12944 so considering all the crap this year it appears we are hanging in there. I would imagine if DCE backflips that will rise a few thousand before seasons end. Hang in the qldeagle, good times are coming

Choc is living in denial about his massive form slump.
I can't see Daley picking him for SOO, but if he does then Choc will assume that his Parra form is SOO standard :cool:

Not that anyone cares, but here is my team for NSW:

1. M Moylan
2. J Mansour
3. M Jennings
4. J Morris
5. S Matautia
6. T Hodkinson
7. M Pearce
8. A Woods
9. R. Farrah
10. D. Klemmer
11. R Hoffman
12. T Frizell
13. B Cordner
17. T. Merrin

Watmough does not deserve an origin spot. He is playing the worse footy he has for years.

To be honest I will be surprised if NSW wins this year.

Watmough does not deserve an origin spot. He is playing the worse footy he has for years.

To be honest I will be surprised if NSW wins this year.
Surprised? SHOCKED ... I plan to repeat the next statement a few times .. Watmough's current form at eels.. karma

Watmough has been saying his forms down because it takes time to settle into a new team. How long does it take a seasoned veteran to remember how to catch the ball and run ?

If Hodkinson gets picked it will be purely for his goalkicking.
I think they want a cool head when the game gets tight. He has proven in the NRL and Origin last year that he can come up with the clutch plays when he needs to. He also is a very good defender which you need in Origin.

I wouldn't want him at Manly, as he can't steer the team around week in, week out, but Origin is just three games - that is why you partner him with Pearce who can navigate the team around the park, and have a cool head next to him who can chime in with a clutch play. If you throw Moylan in the 1 jersey, then you have that additional ball player who can come up into the line and put on some plays.

Watmough has been saying his forms down because it takes time to settle into a new team. How long does it take a seasoned veteran to remember how to catch the ball and run ?
In his case, about four years, or the life of his current contract. He's not a smart man.

Fair comments @Qld Eagle and being a fan for as long as you and I have means the current predicament is hard work.

But have some faith , I don't know why I have but I just can't see Penn wanting to trash the brand he needs to be successful so he can turn a profit or at least not lose too much.

We have a LOT of money to spend , we've re-signed some good kids and I think we may have to have a year or two of moderate success, but it's not slit the throat time yet.

Myles/Lussick and a DCE backflip and we would be top 4 in 2016, so who knows .

As far as 2015 goes, let's get some players back and see how we go, I don't think we will win the spoon.

Go Manly

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6