State of Origin 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jak
Most people have forgotten that NSW were without its two best players for the series, Latrine and Turbo (played just three minutes in SOO2).
Jurbo was missing for the first two losses. When he return NSW won.

Jake's stats weren't "game changing" last night.

The bizarro aspect is that he picked Drinkwater for any purpose; guy is a turnstyle. In saying that, I think it's easier to cover the loss of a forward in the Origin arena. If you lose a half or outside back, you're toast. You're edges get exposed by the talent coming at you and it's hard to score points with only one threat in the halves. Gutho and Drinky can both play 1-6.
Was he that spooked he had cover for the cover? Just weird

No one is going to mention that a pitch invader made his way all the way to Jake last night?

sheesh

Police intervene after Jurbo’s Origin pitch invader scare​

Accor Stadium officials are set to conduct a review of their security after a pitch invader confronted a high-profile Blues star.

Get what you're sayin, but footy players like DCE and Turbo like to test themselves in higher company, it's only natural for elite players to want to do this. In DCE's case since SOO1 DCE's game has gone to another level, benefiting the team immensely.
I agree, but I think DCE should move on from SOO and focus on winning a Manly premiership. Dearden can take his place in the Maroons team. IMO, DCE's kicking game would have secured a win if he had been available for the Knights game in Newcastle.

Re Turbo, it is likely he will continue to be injury prone and will have a career with a limited number of games. Pragmatically, it would be better to refocus his aspirations to Manly only.

Gee,great to see Slater has done his best to introduce Storms tactic of working the tackled player on the ground(to try to turn them back to their own goal line) and the third man flop into Qld tactics
Even better to see it didn't work last night.
Absolute crap game from the ref(Cummins?).

The ref was Ashley Klein.

• 👍
Reactions: Adz
I agree, but I think DCE should move on from SOO and focus on winning a Manly premiership. Dearden can take his place in the Maroons team. IMO, DCE's kicking game would have secured a win if he had been available for the Knights game in Newcastle.

Re Turbo, it is likely he will continue to be injury prone and will have a career with a limited number of games. Pragmatically, it would be better to refocus his aspirations to Manly only.
Yeah, I'm with you on this also, in a perfect world, Turbo playing SOO + a full NRL season with possible finals footy in Sep is what the majority of fans want and the expectation on players to deliver on this is always there. It's a tough one, he could go the whole 24 season without injury, and that's how Tom needs to think but the reality is it probably wont happen, but lets all hope if and when it does it's not a season ending one.

No one is going to mention that a pitch invader made his way all the way to Jake last night?

sheesh

Police intervene after Jurbo’s Origin pitch invader scare​

Accor Stadium officials are set to conduct a review of their security after a pitch invader confronted a high-profile Blues star.
Was he a Manly supporter after an autograph, or someone more malevent?

Brad Fittler’s closest adviser Greg Alexander has suddenly quit the NSW Blues.

The Penrith legend on Friday morning dropped a bomb on his radio show by announcing he will not be continuing in his role as the Blues’ chief adviser and selector.

The surprise announcement comes with Fittler reportedly set to face the NSW Rugby League board on Friday with his recommendations for what his coaching staff will look like in 2024.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8