State of Origin 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Most of the players out there tonight would look good in a Manly jumper (not Moses. We don't need Uncle Benny lol). But Arko is no longer club secretary and that little thing called a salary cap might just stand in the way.

Nice to dream though.
Only asking for one player tho.

I think most of the difference tonight for Qld was that Reece Walsh is a ball playing, running fullback while AJ Brimson is more of a runner and not the type who can chime in as an extra ball player.

When they had the ball, Qld were far less potent without Walsh's ball playing and footwork.

And I'd have given Bradman Best the MoM. Though Walker was a good choice.

It really was an interesting series

Both teams won their home games comfortably with NSW really giving up game 1 when Turbo got injured

As much as there is talk of another qld dynasty considering they were at full strength for the series bar a suspension to Walsh there is, if NSW can sort it out, more upside

So why wasn't Cody Walker picked for game 1? He has been the form player all year.

Oh, that's right - Fittler selected the team for game 3 to win - LOL.
Cody Walker is the NSW foil to Munster. Luai has that mongrel in him too no doubt, but Walker is simply better at it.

DCE is a cleanskin to Moses/Cleary - but the niggle in Walker/Munster is well documented, and on top of that Walker has that x-factor of Munster too.

Turbo should never have been selected on form (Grahan from Souths was the logical choice) - and likewise Walker was a standout, beyond Game-1 (even tho Luai wasn't an entirely pointless selection).

Fittler's dedication to 'combinations' in some areas, and individual brilliance in others (ie Turbo/Latrell as Centres) was his ultimate undoing.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10