State of Origin 2020 discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
QLD seemed to make a concerted effort to fix up their outside edge defence which NSW exploited well in game 2 . Maybe something for Dez to take note of after Manly 's obvious problems there this season . Great game , QlD deserved the win but NSW still came home strong .

Might have been different if little Papi had been on the bench , seriously think Fittler ****ed that one up!!

Why do you think Fittler is trying to deflect by going on about what Jai Arrow did to his precious Teddy??

I'm surprised Fittler hasn't gone into full on Trump mode, constantly tweeting about how he really won and that it was rigged.

Last edited:
Well, this just about sums up the series for NSW in 2020.....

Nathan Cleary won the Brad Fittler Medal as the NSW Player of the series.

what Jai Arrow did to his precious Teddy??
Although Arrow came out to explain he didn't realise Tedesco was unconscious and apologized to the fullback after the game, it was a very ugly looking incident.

QLD seemed to make a concerted effort to fix up their outside edge defence which NSW exploited well in game 2 .
It seemed Bennett partially copied Fittler's Game Two plan to beat them in Game Three - strong defence & go forward plus early kicking & field position pressure. As well, the Maroons tired the Blues defence with much superior second phase play (Blues off loads almost non-existent).

Why do you think Fittler is trying to deflect by going on about what Jai Arrow did to his precious Teddy??

I'm surprised Fittler hasn't gone into full on Trump mode, constantly tweeting about how he really won and that it was rigged.
Fittler has done nothing but carry on about Arrow & what he did. He’s moaned & bleated about this & that just to deflect his coaching inadequacies. He fvcked up with his selections & lost the series, not the players, so he should STFU. His arrogance annoys the $hit out of me. He can say what he wants but he will never be the coach Bennett is.......

Although Arrow came out to explain he didn't realise Tedesco was unconscious and apologized to the fullback after the game, it was a very ugly looking incident.

It seemed Bennett partially copied Fittler's Game Two plan to beat them in Game Three - strong defence & go forward plus early kicking & field position pressure. As well, the Maroons tired the Blues defence with much superior second phase play (Blues off loads almost non-existent).
Not condoning what Arrow did but I’ve seen the same $hit in many games, especially during the season games. Had the same happened to a Queenslander I’ll bet Fiddler wouldn’t be carrying on the way he is.....fvcken twats both he & Johns!

Fittler has done nothing but carry on about Arrow & what he did. He’s moaned & bleated about this & that just to deflect his coaching inadequacies. He fvcked up with his selections & lost the series, not the players, so he should STFU. His arrogance annoys the $hit out of me. He can say what he wants but he will never be the coach Bennett is.......

Good point.

Not condoning what Arrow did but I’ve seen the same $hit in many games, especially during the season games. Had the same happened to a Queenslander I’ll bet Fiddler wouldn’t be carrying on the way he is.....fvcken twats both he & Johns!

You didn't hear Fittler or Johns complaining about the mid air tackle that ended up taking Munster out of Game 2. Funny about that....

From the "NSW BLUES FANATICS" page. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up LOL (sorry, can't link it as I'm not a member. I have spelled everything as it was put in the post)

""Aftee that inept loss to Queensland Maroons last night. This would be my 1 - 17 man team list for the Blues next season

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Clinton Gutherson
4. Jack Wighton
5. Joshua Addo-Carr
6. Luke Keary
7. Adam Keighran
8. David Klemmer
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Angus Crichton
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Ryan Papenhuyzen

Interchange

14. Dale Finucane
15. Junior Paulo
16. Daniel Saifiti
17. Isaah Yeo"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

13. Ryan Papenhuyzen
Maybe the smallest ever Origin lock @:D

Of course, Dessie played at least one game as lock for the Blues in the 90's. The 'scrum base trio' (more important than the 'spine' in earlier eras) in that game was Lyons-Toovey-Hasler.

From the "NSW BLUES FANATICS" page. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up LOL (sorry, can't link it as I'm not a member. I have spelled everything as it was put in the post)

""Aftee that inept loss to Queensland Maroons last night. This would be my 1 - 17 man team list for the Blues next season

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Clinton Gutherson
4. Jack Wighton
5. Joshua Addo-Carr
6. Luke Keary
7. Adam Keighran
8. David Klemmer
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Angus Crichton
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Ryan Papenhuyzen

Interchange

14. Dale Finucane
15. Junior Paulo
16. Daniel Saifiti
17. Isaah Yeo"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Lolol priceless......I’d agree with maybe 10 out of the 17 in that list - Tedesco, Tupou, Wighton, JAC, Klemmer, Jake, Crichton, Yeo, Paulo, Finucane. I’d add Paps but it if Tom is back no room for him. Possible team:
Tedesco
Tupou
S Crichton
Tom T
JAC
Wighton
Cleary
Klemmer
Cook
Paulo
A Crichton
I Yeo
Jake T
Res: Walker, Murray, Finucane, RGC

Maybe the smallest ever Origin lock @:D

Of course, Dessie played at least one game as lock for the Blues in the 90's. The 'scrum base trio' (more important than the 'spine' in earlier eras) in that game was Lyons-Toovey-Hasler.

Des played lock for NSW in Game 1, 1991. The scrum base trio that game was Cliffy at 5/8, Ricky Stuart at half and Des at lock.

NSW lost 4-6 and Des was dropped to the bench to bring in Bradley Clyde for Game 2. That game NSW won 14-12 on Snoz's sideline conversion, but for game 3 they dropped Cliffy entirely and brought back Fittler to play 5/8 (Freddie missed Game 2 with injury, he was #17 in Gm1). NSW lost 12-14.

Lolol priceless......I’d agree with maybe 10 out of the 17 in that list - Tedesco, Tupou, Wighton, JAC, Klemmer, Jake, Crichton, Yeo, Paulo, Finucane. I’d add Paps but it if Tom is back no room for him. Possible team:
Tedesco
Tupou
S Crichton
Tom T
JAC
Wighton
Cleary
Klemmer
Cook
Paulo
A Crichton
I Yeo
Jake T
Res: Walker, Murray, Finucane, RGC

For my money, the team barring injury or suspension will probably look more like:

Tedesco, Tupou, Turbo, Mitchell, Addo-Carr, Wighton, Cleary, Saifiti, Cook, Haas, Cordner, Crichton, Jake. Bench - Papenhuyzen, Cam Murray, Yeo, Paulo.

The only difference might be Cotric in there somewhere and maybe Frizell and/or Klemmer, though I think Klems rep horse has now bolted.

For my money, the team barring injury or suspension will probably look more like:

Tedesco, Tupou, Turbo, Mitchell, Addo-Carr, Wighton, Cleary, Saifiti, Cook, Haas, Cordner, Crichton, Jake. Bench - Papenhuyzen, Cam Murray, Yeo, Paulo.

The only difference might be Cotric in there somewhere and maybe Frizell and/or Klemmer, though I think Klems rep horse has now bolted.
Ok yeah......I forgot Mitchell Lolol. I don’t see what others see in Saifiti. All this enforcer talk about him yet to me he’s overrated & definitely not an enforcer. There are plenty of others I’d have before him.

Des played lock for NSW in Game 1, 1991. The scrum base trio that game was Cliffy at 5/8, Ricky Stuart at half and Des at lock.
Yes, you are correct. I seem to remember at the time & also watching an Origin replay where the three Manly players were in one game together. Maybe it was for City rather than NSW? Don't think Cliffie was selected in Country teams.

Yes, you are correct. I seem to remember at the time & also watching an Origin replay where the three Manly players were in one game together. Maybe it was for City rather than NSW? Don't think Cliffie was selected in Country teams.

City Origin vs Country Origin, SFS 1991

The City scrum base trio was Cliffy at 5/8, Tooves at half and Des at lock. Other Manly players in the side were Snoz (wing) and Roberts (prop). No Manly player selected for Country, though Cement was in the back row but he was playing for Wests at the time.

City won 22-12. ET (2), Brandy and Smith scored tries, Snoz kicked 3/5 goals.

The full game played on Anzac Day back in the days where you only pulled out of City vs Country if you were legitimately injured, not the farce it later became.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4