State of Origin 2020 discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If it was upto me the back 7 would be
1. Teddy
2. Nofoluma (beast)
3. Lomax (had a superb season)
4. Stephen Crichton (center of the year)
5. Ado Carr (GF winner)
6. Wighton (5/8th of the year & dally m)
7. Cleary (halfback of the year)

Not playing fullbacks in the centers over actual great centers and same JW. Blind freddy thinks gutto can emulate our turbo and just slot into centers. The queen got owned by a 2nd rower.. lomax would of creamed the poor guy. Alas gutto is still in there and so is wighton. But no Brimson for qld... i thought he was quite good in debut.

Ps i just figured out who will be captain for the blues.. freddy will choose Clinton Gutherson. He is parra's captain.. oh boy
What about when Turbo plays in the centre’s??? He goes alright doesn’t he and he’s a fullback.

However, one swallow does not make a summer :highbrightness:
One swallow does not make a summer ?
Lets put your summer loving story in perspective feathered friend shall we ....

The Maroons have proved their greatness summer time after summer time again and again and this is why they are THE dominant force in their very proud SOO history and we have seen it once again in their greatest glory against all the odds in game one as we watched the Blues swallow another bitter Maroon pill .
The fact is ..
The Blues have become addicted to this painful and destructive Maroon pill and have been bitterly swallowing it since the SOO series began just like a helpless sad addict is addicted to pain medication .

The NSW Blues will never learn
They always underestimate the power of the Legendary Maroon sacred jersey that the Maroons call a shrine that influence the spirit of the players that proudly compete in it and and rise to their ultimate potential and greatness that it demands .

Time for me to swallow a cold Guiness and watch the replay of game one

Cheers DCE !!!

cherry-evansd-try-180711-sd-06.jpg

View attachment 15916

He played like a deer in headlights. Totally out of his depth and out played by Capewell who is a 2nd rower that played center in the night. The "Queen" got face palmed and left behind like a used tampon while Capewell ran down the sideline and put in a kick for the Brimson try. Capewell also smashed him into the ground with a big hit and Capewell intercepted one of his offloads. Got 4 in the player ratings
14269F60-26E4-4BA8-9E1E-1DF7BA1A99D2.jpeg Reminds me of
“Oh Brother, where art thou”
”Mah Hair !”

Last edited:
Beats me why they don’t put the in form players that play actual positions into those spots, eg the Queen out , Lomax in.

Dally M 5/8 Wighton into 5/8 , Keary out , Walker to the bench.

And there’s more but you’ll get my drift.

Maybe the only game you'll enjoy rewatching this series @:D
I dont think so feathered friend
Because...
A winning history , Pride and Passion is on our side !!! :)
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
cherry-evansd-try-180711-sd-06.jpg

I see Keary has been dropped by Fittler.

On Wednesday night, while the NSW halves were completely outplayed by DCE and Munster, I honestly thought Keary at least ran the ball more and tried to create more opportunities. Cleary basically did nothing but catch and pass or catch and kick. Like most of his time in big games such as Origins or the Grand Final, he went missing.

Cleary has basically become the new Mitchell Pearce for NSW. Can and will go missing in games, get outplayed by his 5/8 ... but he keeps his spot while the pivot gets dumped.

I have never understood the whole Cleary fascination, especially in rep football. I am constantly asking myself - am I missing something? To me he is just a flat track bully. The Pearce comparison is correct. I sit there waiting for him to do something, but it never comes. Friends in high places I guess...

Well I wonder if it’ll do better on the TV this week ( they are apparently blaming the US election coverage on the very low viewing figures )??

I have never understood the whole Cleary fascination, especially in rep football. I am constantly asking myself - am I missing something? To me he is just a flat track bully. The Pearce comparison is correct. I sit there waiting for him to do something, but it never comes. Friends in high places I guess...
Is he there for his kicking ??

I dont think so feathered friend
Because...
A winning history , Pride and Passion is on our side !!! :)
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
View attachment 15922
So when did you move to Sydney from Qld Bozo?

One swallow does not make a summer ?
Lets put your summer loving story in perspective feathered friend shall we ....

The Maroons have proved their greatness summer time after summer time again and again and this is why they are THE dominant force in their very proud SOO history and we have seen it once again in their greatest glory against all the odds in game one as we watched the Blues swallow another bitter Maroon pill .
The fact is ..
The Blues have become addicted to this painful and destructive Maroon pill and have been bitterly swallowing it since the SOO series began just like a helpless sad addict is addicted to pain medication .

The NSW Blues will never learn
They always underestimate the power of the Legendary Maroon sacred jersey that the Maroons call a shrine that influence the spirit of the players that proudly compete in it and and rise to their ultimate potential and greatness that it demands .

Time for me to swallow a cold Guiness and watch the replay of game one

Cheers DCE !!!

View attachment 15920

I just dont think NSW players have given a f#@k since the whole concept started. Every now and again they have been able to get themselves up for a series. NSW win a series or two and get bored. Qld don"t. It is why ordinary players like Chris Close, Jamie Goddard, Capewell and Lui excel. In club football you wouldn't feed 'em.

I wrote that ;) gutho tried to emulate turbo and failed badly. Turbo is a natural football player and one of the best in the game. Plus hes stronger and taller than gutho. Cake walk for our boy
Gutherson is a fair fullback you’d have to say but he excels there as there’s a bit more space and time for him to get going.

I thought he was lost at sea in the centre’s when the Queenslanders jammed in on him constantly.

I still don’t get why Lomax who played very well all year in an average side isn’t being picked.

Of course Staggs would be there if fit.

Gutherson is a fair fullback you’d have to say but he excels there as there’s a bit more space and time for him to get going.

I thought he was lost at sea in the centre’s when the Queenslanders jammed in on him constantly.

I still don’t get why Lomax who played very well all year in an average side isn’t being picked.

Of course Staggs would be there if fit.
He is a good fb no doubt. I think he will go better the 2nd time around. I do agree regarding Lomax. He was outstanding this year and deserves a spot. Stephen Crichton also

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6