State of Origin 2020 discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
20201107_223116.jpg

"F### QLD!"

- Donald J Trump 2020

Lets cut the crap and get some serious SOO news on this thread !!!

Take it away Johnathan Thurston ....

JT's huge praise for DCE's Maroons revival

Queensland legend Johnathan Thurston has pinned the Maroons' comeback victory in the State of Origin opener on the efforts of skipper Daly Cherry-Evans.

The Blues were left stunned by one of the better Origin comebacks of the modern-era as Queensland turned a 10-point half-time deficit into an 18-14 victory by the final whistle.

That was largely thanks to a calculated kicking game from Cherry-Evans and halves partner Cameron Munster.

But it was also the skipper's willingness to run the ball that led by example.

It was a bit of an erratic start from the Maroons. They got the ball really early but couldn't compile pressure. Then they got frustrated with not being able to score points," Thurston told Wide World of Sports' JT's Roast and Toast.

"But whatever was said at half time certainly turned it around. At the forefront of that was the captain DCE with his kicking game, along with Cam Munster. They certainly controlled the game in that regard.

"DCE's running game was outstanding as well. He provided a lot of opportunities on the right hand side, especially toward Dane Gagai. So, it was a great captain's knock from DCE and certainly something for the team to build on."

Having rediscovered his place among his statesman after becoming somewhat of a pariah in past years due to a reneged deal with the Titans, Cherry-Evans' Maroons resurrection will continue to go a way to restore his image in the eyes of Queenslanders.

"It's probably been a bit of a redemption story for him, given the fact his backflip on the Titans wasn't well received from people north of the border," Thurston said.

"But the way he's come out and captained last year and the start of this series, I think that if he can win the Origin series this year, it will look very good on his resume and for what he's been able to do as well for the side."
cherry-evansd-portrait-02-gp.jpg

Lets cut the crap and get some serious SOO news on this thread !!!

Take it away Johnathan Thurston ....

JT's huge praise for DCE's Maroons revival

Queensland legend Johnathan Thurston has pinned the Maroons' comeback victory in the State of Origin opener on the efforts of skipper Daly Cherry-Evans.

The Blues were left stunned by one of the better Origin comebacks of the modern-era as Queensland turned a 10-point half-time deficit into an 18-14 victory by the final whistle.

That was largely thanks to a calculated kicking game from Cherry-Evans and halves partner Cameron Munster.

But it was also the skipper's willingness to run the ball that led by example.

It was a bit of an erratic start from the Maroons. They got the ball really early but couldn't compile pressure. Then they got frustrated with not being able to score points," Thurston told Wide World of Sports' JT's Roast and Toast.

"But whatever was said at half time certainly turned it around. At the forefront of that was the captain DCE with his kicking game, along with Cam Munster. They certainly controlled the game in that regard.

"DCE's running game was outstanding as well. He provided a lot of opportunities on the right hand side, especially toward Dane Gagai. So, it was a great captain's knock from DCE and certainly something for the team to build on."

Having rediscovered his place among his statesman after becoming somewhat of a pariah in past years due to a reneged deal with the Titans, Cherry-Evans' Maroons resurrection will continue to go a way to restore his image in the eyes of Queenslanders.

"It's probably been a bit of a redemption story for him, given the fact his backflip on the Titans wasn't well received from people north of the border," Thurston said.

"But the way he's come out and captained last year and the start of this series, I think that if he can win the Origin series this year, it will look very good on his resume and for what he's been able to do as well for the side."
View attachment 15928
Ill let you all in on a little secret. Come gather round fellow Manly and rugba leeg enthusiasts.... i dont really care about origin. I did once but after the maroons destroyed us all those years i gave up on it. Gallen being chosen non stop also tipped me over the edge. Since then i just go for the manly players. I was cheering on the maroons in the 2nd as dce was leading from the front. After the game he was so happy.. this pleased me. Seeing jake look depressed is just the way he looks so no biggy

Fellow Queenslanders !!!

In the next 80 minutes of our proud Maroon lives.......

The NSW Paper Pirates will run out on to the field like Despicable thieves in the night and try and take away from us what we have fought hard and rightly made ours since the beginning of our SOO Maroon domination. The NSW Paper Pirates will try and change the course of history but as we all know History always repeats it self as History always favours the winners and that is who we are and what we have always strived and continued to be .
We are Winners !!!

The only way the NSW Paper Pirates can win tonight is if he surrender to them what is ours and this is not going to happen because in the next 80 minutes we will do what we do best and that is we are once again going be at our passionate , resilient and destructive best

Game one is ours
The Series is in the grasp of our hands
The ball is in our court
and the legendary Maroon never say die winning spirit is in our corner

Let the next 80 minutes of our proud Maroon lives be the Greatest moment of our lives and lets go out there and Bury the Blues alive on their own turf !!!
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
cherry-evansd-try-180711-sd-06.jpg

Last edited:
Said with zero confidence but I think the Blues had their reality check last Wednesday.

They believed the pre game hype at how bad the QLD side was and it showed.

Think QLD will probably win the series at home next week but NSW to level up tonight.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8