Starting 17 in 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
This is the side predicted by a few NRL sites

1 - Tom Trbojevic
2 - Jorge Taufua
3 - Brad Parker
4 - Moses Suli
5 - Reuben Garrick
6 - Dylan Walker
7 - Daly Cherry-Evans
8 - Addin Fonua-Blake
9 - Lachlan Croker
10 - Martin Taupau
11- Curtis Sironen
12 - Joel Thompson
13 - Jake Trbojevic

14 - Taniela Paseka
15 - Cade Cust
16 - Jack Gosiewski
17 - Corey Waddell

Do you think this is the side to kickoff Round 1 in 2020 or a few changes and what are opinions ??

Here's my thoughts -

• AFB and Jake will be available
  • Keppie will be there on the bench
  • Schuster may be at 5/8 with Walker centres, with many possibilities with the 2,3 and 4 (Parker or Taufua could be pushed out)
  • The likelyhood of a different 9 is very high
  • Young Hoppa a chance though think his time will come through the season (but Can't dismiss earlier as a genuine talent)
  • Big Guocamole is every good a chance as the bench above , with a big off season

Pretty much the stated team.Hooker the big ????Could be Cust,Croker,DDC,Levi,Paua new guinea guy.
I think if we run a 80 min hooker(highly doubt it) ,Reserves will be
Keppie,
Gojetski,
Waddell,
Guaca
If Cust/other back up hooker ,Guaca first to drop out and return upon injuries.

All we really know is

1. Trebojevic
2. Taufua
5. Garrick
7. DCE
8. AFB
10. Tapau
11. Thompson
12. Sironen
13. Trebojevic

All we really know is

1. Trebojevic
2. Taufua
5. Garrick
7. DCE
8. AFB
10. Tapau
11. Thompson
12. Sironen
13. Trebojevic
All we really know is Suli, Parker, Walker will be in the same positions as 2019.

Levi, if we get him averaged 57 min per game last year .... and I don't think there is anyway that Croker, Cust or I-Papa can play for 80 mins at rake ...... so regardless of who our hooker is ... I think we need a 20 min back-up on the bench ...

It is why I have a fascination for the concept of trialling GoJetski as a fill in ...... he will be on the bench anyway, can handle 2nd row and centre ..... and with 3 other forwards gives us a beast of a bench ..... probably just dreaming ... but ...

My random thoughts a) Hoppa Jnr is recovering from his 2nd knee reconstruction and will therefore not be considered for the start of the season - Taufua and Garrick start as wingers; b) I cannot see Schuster starting in front of Parker, Suli or Walker - was he even named in the Top 30? May change as the season progresses; c) Regardless is Fainu is cleared before rnd 1 I do not believe he will be ready due to shoulder recovery. Also if media is to be 'believed' then the experiment or Croker,Ibape, Cust may not be conclusive so we are considering Levi. I would be happy with Levi - at least he is an out an out hooker; d) can't leave GoJetski out. Think its hard to leave Keppie but Des also likes a few big boppers. Bench of GoJetski, Keppie, Sipley and Waddell to start the year.

My bench has Sipley everyday of the week. Most on here seem to have forgotten how good he was for us.
Sipley
Keppie
Gosiewski
Cust/ Eddie

Hard to leave a couple of regulars out but what a good position to be in to have so much depth this year. Exciting times ahead!

I rate you as a good judge Robbo ... but admit I am not as sold on Sipley as you are .... I think he is solid .... is young so there is improvement to be expected ... if you are correct we have one hell of a front row rotation ....

AFB
Kapow
Keppie
Sipley
Paseka
Waddell
Boyle

Paseka is now into his make or break year ... no longer the kid ... he is a man .... there has been steady improvement .... if he jumps to that next level of confidence he may well end up the story of the year ....

Boyle was never phenomenal IMO. we do have a great pack but Boyle isn’t in our strongest 17
Boyle did improve a way to be fair, but his problem may well be the Massive depth in 2020 in the middle, which will now have an extra 2-3 contenders and will only get a gig if there are a few injuries imo.

I like a little change each year especially to start the year. In the back row in 2020.

T Rex.
Waddell.
Guacca.
Jetski.

All Fighting it out for a starting spot on the left side.

I've moved Thommo to the bench as an old man in 2020. We know he will Keep the defence solid at the back end of games, and will need him more importantly at the back end of the year.

All the others could offer more in attack as well.

After that near death head knock with a rock. Some cotton wool for a couple of months might not hurt Thommo either. I would have thought limiting game time and the risk of a HIA or two at the start of the year could be a real consideration for our medical staff as well.

I rate you as a good judge Robbo ... but admit I am not as sold on Sipley as you are .... I think he is solid .... is young so there is improvement to be expected ... if you are correct we have one hell of a front row rotation ....

AFB
Kapow
Keppie
Sipley
Paseka
Waddell
Boyle

Paseka is now into his make or break year ... no longer the kid ... he is a man .... there has been steady improvement .... if he jumps to that next level of confidence he may well end up the story of the year ....
The final sign to me that sipley was a gun was the way he came back after a serious injury at the end of the year. He was still fit and mobile and took the hard yards. Shows he is committed. Another season wiser and another preseason with Des and Don I feel this could be his breakout year. Im definitely sold on him but geez i'ts good to have so many options.

Boyle was never phenomenal IMO. we do have a great pack but Boyle isn’t in our strongest 17
HaHa ,Yeah phenomenal may have been a touch over exaggerated.
I dont think he is in 17 either ,but at the back end was doing what he was put there to do and was way more solid and reliable .
We are in a great position ,forwards wise.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2