Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Starting 17 in 2020

maxta

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Forward depth looks great but we are light on for outside back depth. Elliot is it really, and he is solid at best. If Tommy goes down again we will struggle. Or if we lose a centre than Walker goes back there and we are scratching around for a 6 again. In a beautiful world young Hoppa waltzes into first grade and brains it, but I can't see that happening after his injury run.

What else do we have waiting in the wings (literally) - Sam Smith, Funa ?? , Musgrove couldn't even see out the preseason.
I reckon an injury free Hoppa will be a red hot show to push for a wing spot and chosen to stand in at FB for Tom in SOO period

Ryan

I reckon an injury free Hoppa will be a red hot show to push for a wing spot and chosen to stand in at FB for Tom in SOO period
Hmmmm, still think Elliott may get the nod mate, around origin time in the 1 jersey. Maybe Garrick gets picked in Origin this season? Hoppa on the wing maybe.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
AHoppa has done two ACL's now in consecutive seasons. I have no doubt he probably has the talent but do the club want to risk putting him into the tough NRL environment with that recent injury history ?? Can't see it myself. A year of cotton wool and steady as she goes is the best long term strategy for him - I remember reading that it takes well over 12 months to fully recover from an ACL.

Elliot is our sole outside back depth with NRL experience - that's a worry. That's where Simona may have been handy if they could get him registered.

maxta

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
AHoppa has done two ACL's now in consecutive seasons. I have no doubt he probably has the talent but do the club want to risk putting him into the tough NRL environment with that recent injury history ?? Can't see it myself. A year of cotton wool and steady as she goes is the best long term strategy for him - I remember reading that it takes well over 12 months to fully recover from an ACL.

Elliot is our sole outside back depth with NRL experience - that's a worry. That's where Simona may have been handy if they could get him registered.
There's no doubt the depth is huge in the forwards and a little thin out wide, though I feel by 2020 end of season, could well be potentially 2 new rookies in the backline.
Young Hoppa has had a wretched run with injury, but is back to full training and personally as a bloke who had full knee blowouts x 2....they are NOT tested until game conditions...regardless of how well you look on the training ground.
That being said, IF the knee holds out, I will be more surprised to not see Hoppa in the Top team in 2020, than the other way around...he is the pick of the Hopoate family and Will Hopoate certainly done well coming into the team at a similar age....I feel Des has a Massive opinion on him too, the hard part is....all of the 3/4 line were outstanding in 2019.

Staff online

Latest posts

Top Bottom