Starting 17 in 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon an injury free Hoppa will be a red hot show to push for a wing spot and chosen to stand in at FB for Tom in SOO period

Hmmmm, still think Elliott may get the nod mate, around origin time in the 1 jersey. Maybe Garrick gets picked in Origin this season? Hoppa on the wing maybe.

AHoppa has done two ACL's now in consecutive seasons. I have no doubt he probably has the talent but do the club want to risk putting him into the tough NRL environment with that recent injury history ?? Can't see it myself. A year of cotton wool and steady as she goes is the best long term strategy for him - I remember reading that it takes well over 12 months to fully recover from an ACL.

Elliot is our sole outside back depth with NRL experience - that's a worry. That's where Simona may have been handy if they could get him registered.

AHoppa has done two ACL's now in consecutive seasons. I have no doubt he probably has the talent but do the club want to risk putting him into the tough NRL environment with that recent injury history ?? Can't see it myself. A year of cotton wool and steady as she goes is the best long term strategy for him - I remember reading that it takes well over 12 months to fully recover from an ACL.

Elliot is our sole outside back depth with NRL experience - that's a worry. That's where Simona may have been handy if they could get him registered.
There's no doubt the depth is huge in the forwards and a little thin out wide, though I feel by 2020 end of season, could well be potentially 2 new rookies in the backline.
Young Hoppa has had a wretched run with injury, but is back to full training and personally as a bloke who had full knee blowouts x 2....they are NOT tested until game conditions...regardless of how well you look on the training ground.
That being said, IF the knee holds out, I will be more surprised to not see Hoppa in the Top team in 2020, than the other way around...he is the pick of the Hopoate family and Will Hopoate certainly done well coming into the team at a similar age....I feel Des has a Massive opinion on him too, the hard part is....all of the 3/4 line were outstanding in 2019.

News of Jetski’s injury means our Round 1 team will be most interesting if he is still injured and AFB and Jake are also not quite ready.

Predicted pack:
Marty
Levi
Boyle
Thommo
Siro
Waddell

Bench: Croker, Paseka, Sipley, and…. ???

I suspect NRL experience will be a major factor for Des given the blokes who are (might be) missing, but contenders for the last spot would be Olakau’atu, Keppie, and …T Rex!!!!???

News of Jetski’s injury means our Round 1 team will be most interesting if he is still injured and AFB and Jake are also not quite ready.

Predicted pack:
Marty
Levi
Boyle
Thommo
Siro
Waddell

I suspect NRL experience will be a major factor for Des given the blokes who are (might be) missing, but contenders for the last spot would be Olakau’atu, Keppie, and …T Rex!!!!???
Still a strong looking side, id expect Keppie to get the nod. Still as good as any forward pack in the comp

Predicted pack:
Marty
Levi
Boyle
Thommo
Siro
Waddell

Maaaaatttee ... Keppie is 5 furlongs ahead of the rest of the field ...... surpassed Boyle, Waddell, Sipley and Paseka in his 2nd game ...... wait to game 4 ... he will be pushing for the captaincy ...

PSS .. this does not infer that Boyle, Waddell, Sipley and Paseka are not good footballers ... just that Keppie for mine is "special" .....

I was just as impressed with Keppie's finals performances as anyone. If Jake and AFB were in the side he would be a stronger chance, I just suspect that with those big guns missing then we will need some actual NRL experience to put up against Storm and Chooks. However if Keppie gets the nod I'm sure he'll be up to it.

Just on young Burbo .... I have seen a few posts suggesting he might get a wing spot .... the bloke is a 2nd rower just learning the centre position .... in my opinion putting him on the wing in 1sts would be a nightmare waiting to happen .......

I agree wing is too far wide for Burbo based on his background in the forwards. Centre is ok though.
Corey Oates jumped straight in for the Broncos injury-free back in the ‘Toyota Cup’ days but we don’t have to risk it with such capable better options out wide

Worried about jack g he improved alot hope he back round 1. Starting 17 is fairly solid now with levi about. Bench imo cust, keppie, jack g, paseka.
If jack g not ready Waddell.

Our starting 13 pretty much picks itself when all are available. The hard part for Des will be the makeup of the bench.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Moses Suli
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Dylan Walker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Danny Levi
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Joel Thompson
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

For mine, the bench will be: Lachlan Croker, Jack Gosiewski, Toafofoa Sipley, Taniela Paseka

And its not bad having the likes of Corey Waddell, Morgan Boyle, Sean Keppie, Brendon Elliot and Cade Cust ready to step in if needed.

With Jake and Jack out we have 2 options, Guac on the bench or another prop on the bench. Have a hunch Des will go Keppie Sipley Paseka, given that Marty or AFB are capable of filling in at backrow if there is an injury. If AFB is also out Guac is a must.

Round 1 going to be interesting. Not sure currently where afb and Jake shoulder rehab is. Really need 1 of 2 ready to go. Jack g seems to be issue also.

Round 1
Tommy T, taufua, Parker, suli, garrick, walker, cherry Evans, marty t, levi, afb/keppie, Thompson, sironen, jake t/Waddell.

Bench cust, paseka/keppie, gucamole/goewiski, Waddell/trex/sipley.

All dependant on injuries

Be surprised if Keppie doesn’t play a very big part in our 2020 campaign.

But sadly we all know what the MFB “ kiss of death” means so maybe I should shut up right now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4