Staff change at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are in the dark about the majority of things at a footy club...this would have to be one of the biggest.

Considering the "reporters" involved I would take a liberal pinch of salt. Also in all the time Des has been a coach I can not recall him ever being questioned re player welfare

Looks like Storm are the only club with no injured players going into the preseason - and Manly are next best, with just Davey and Boyle still rehabbing.
If we are changing up our medical team we could do worse that try to poach the Storm quacks, seems like their players rarely get injured

H.R Rule No.1
Never say to your boss either he goes or I go!

Just sayin’
Yep, seen that happen plenty of times. The last bloke I saw this happen to could not understand how he had been told to clear his locker out and piss off. I was in the room at the time of the argument. It was all pretty civil (as far as verbal arguments go), until old mate pointed at a picture of the Boss and his family on his desk and said it was the ugliest bunch of c@nts he’d seen!……game over.
Even on his way out, he was telling anyone that’d listen he was set-up? I’m like, WTF mate, I was in the room too.

Not good for the club loosing Gibbs, the most concerning is the reasoning after last off season.

The club hold players welfare as one of their core values, no doubt there.

Hard to know what really went on but it is surprising that it don't significantly affect our season. We need to look after our players and they need to feel their well being is the clubs number 1 priority. If they don't we won't get their full commitment and best performances week in and week out. Players need to believe in the systems and conflict within the organization is unacceptable. So staff changes may well be for the best moving ahead.

Wonder if Matt Ballin is still on the Manly staff as education officer, but will not coach Blacktown?

All this talk reminds me of being flogged mercilessly on pre-season road runs .. which I objected to .. and was simply told to STFU and run ...my view that they were a waste of time for an outside back fell on deaf ears .. my point was that the conditioning I needed was short explosive 100% efforts then recover .. then repeat .. then repeat .. such as 50m sprints 50m walk 50m sprint .. or 220 yards and 440 yard runs

We also used to have a big breakfast on game days of steak and eggs for strength ..

It wasn't until years later that Tessa Hill had a very public dispute with the club on the very same topic .. refusing to do road runs and wanting to do sprint/recovery work instead ..

We have come a long way since those days as diet and training knowledge improve .. but there will always be conjecture at that point where proven medical fact bumps up against new hypothesis ..

I wonder if all our medical and training staff have been extra stressed this year due to young Keith Titmus dying after a training session. So far as I know there still hasn't been a conclusive explanation of the cause of his death.

All this talk reminds me of being flogged mercilessly on pre-season road runs .. which I objected to .. and was simply told to STFU and run ...my view that they were a waste of time for an outside back fell on deaf ears .. my point was that the conditioning I needed was short explosive 100% efforts then recover .. then repeat .. then repeat .. such as 50m sprints 50m walk 50m sprint .. or 220 yards and 440 yard runs

We also used to have a big breakfast on game days of steak and eggs for strength ..

It wasn't until years later that Tessa Hill had a very public dispute with the club on the very same topic .. refusing to do road runs and wanting to do sprint/recovery work instead ..

We have come a long way since those days as diet and training knowledge improve .. but there will always be conjecture at that point where proven medical fact bumps up against new hypothesis ..
woodsie so you didnt turn this around when you were a coach of a country team or had you forgot about that fable/furphy, please regale us more of your playing days/fables

What was the international forward we brought over from UK? apparently they had to run from manly to palm beach and got busted catching a taxi lol

woodsie so you didnt turn this around when you were a coach of a country team or had you forgot about that fable/furphy, please regale us more of your playing days/fables

mate .. you need to switch from sniffing the meth spirits to drinking the turps ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4