St helens fan here

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Saint92

Hi folks so signed here to get you views on joel thompson. So the news has broke yesterday that he will be with us from next season. Cant say we have heard of him before so wanted to get your opinion of what we are to expect. Is he a player you will miss and someone who has a positive influence on a match or will he be another joseph paulo whos on the decline of his career and just after a retirment package

We'll miss him. Very much a forward leader who hits hard, runs hard and always puts his body on the line. Had a good career with Canberra, St George and us, starting out in the centres and moving into the pack. Selected in a bunch of NSW Country Origin and Indigenous All Star Teams, never a superstar but remarkably resilient and consistent. You're getting a good player and a good man.

Solid NRL first grader with plenty of ticker and lots of experience. Good leader on and off field. If he is invested in the process he'll be a good signing for you. Doesn't strike me as someone who'll just tread water

You've bagged yourself a good'un. Great man on and off the field.

(Given up drinking too)

Probably past his peak... but knows his role and rips into it. I think he only missed four games for us in total.

St George fans (from where he came from) were sad to see him go.

Won't be going for an easy retirement package.

I doubt anyone here would have a bad word to say about him.

Cheers guys this is filling me with confidence now after had 2 poor signings last few years in luke douglas and joseph paulo. Will be watching the manly game now each week on sky sports. Good luck with the rest of your season guys fingers crossed you get the the final this year

The great thing about this signing is also his impact on the other players....young and old...inspirational leader who gives his all every game and adds a steely resolve to whichever club he represents.

As already stated, not just a terrific footballer but also a terrific bloke. Will be a great leader for the younger guys to look up too. Is a family man and community contributor. Will be missed.

Probably a better bloke off field than on, but having said that very good player, rips in and gives his all.

Survived a troubled background to become a real leader, not just at Manly but in NRL, and also in the wider community. May be a future Australian of the year? On field he brings commitment professionalism and toughness. And toughness. Also toughness. Just below top rep level in line-breaking ability but still at the top of his game and he won't be easy for Manly to replace, despite having several promising forwards on the up and up.

Hi folks so signed here to get you views on joel thompson. So the news has broke yesterday that he will be with us from next season. Cant say we have heard of him before so wanted to get your opinion of what we are to expect. Is he a player you will miss and someone who has a positive influence on a match or will he be another joseph paulo whos on the decline of his career and just after a retirment package
Good to have you on here mate. I can’t add anymore than what has been said. Only this. It would be impossible for Joel to treat it as a retirement package. It’s just not in his DNA. As someone mentioned, you won’t find a bad word about him, not just at Manly, but in the entire NRL. He will be a great mentor for your own born and bred youngsters.

Is a player that joined our club and immediately fit in and became a Manly person. Other players join and even though we can love what they can do on the field for us there still may be some scepticism about the type of person they are. This was never the case with Joel.

Cheers guys this is filling me with confidence now after had 2 poor signings last few years in luke douglas and joseph paulo. Will be watching the manly game now each week on sky sports. Good luck with the rest of your season guys fingers crossed you get the the final this year
You’ve got a winner with this one mate he’s a beauty.

Great player , terrific leader and and an even better person.

As others have said you've got yourself a solid player. Strong in defence, can hit a hole and is a real inspiration and leader among the playing group. I really hope he works out for you as I'm a St Helens fan. I really got into my Rugby League as a 10-12 yr old which coincided with our premiership in '87. So when Michael O'Conner and Paul Vautin had stints at St Helens around that time and with Kevin Ward coming to Manly, I became a St Helens fan by default.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8