St George fires coach McGregor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Paul McGregor sacked by the Dragons so this makes 4 coaches sacked this year and who know there may be more. I certainly hope that we may be able to pick up some players who like to coached by a good people manager such as Des.

Only one more coached to be sacked this season - I assume sooner than later now after this.

With the Illawarra roster he/his players should be much higher up the ladder.
At Manly wouldn't you want: Vaughan, Sims, Frizel, McInnes, Lomax, Dufty, Aitkin....?
They did have a few injuries... and I love that you didnt include Hunt or Norman who account for a large part of their cap and have been sh*t...
Thought Mary was very classy in his statement (as he always is) and wish the big fella well...

With the Illawarra roster he/his players should be much higher up the ladder.
At Manly wouldn't you want: Vaughan, Sims, Frizel, McInnes, Lomax, Dufty, Aitkin....?
Pretty much all except Sims, mistake ridden

Paul McGregor sacked by the Dragons so this makes 4 coaches sacked this year and who know there may be more. I certainly hope that we may be able to pick up some players who like to coached by a good people manager such as Des.

Are you forgetting Des got sacked from his last job .... so did Wayne Bennett .... so did Nathan Brown ... so did Michael MacQuire ... Ivan Cleary sacked from the one before, and then re-hired .... Sticky Stuart sacked from Easts, Parra, and cronulla .... so did Paul Green ....

... and 5 of those 7 are Premiership winners ....

Of the current coaches the ones who have never been sacked are ...

Bellamy .. for good reason
Trent Robinson .. for good reason
The **** at Parra
Trent Barrett
Siebold .... but hold all betting slips ..
the first timers at Titans, Newcastle and Cronulla

Getting sacked is highly over-rated in coaching ....

An interesting question is ... has any coach gone on to win a premiership ... after being sacked ?

Are you forgetting Des got sacked from his last job .... so did Wayne Bennett .... so did Nathan Brown ... so did Michael MacQuire ... Ivan Cleary sacked from the one before, and then re-hired .... Sticky Stuart sacked from Easts, Parra, and cronulla .... so did Paul Green ....

The **** at Parra
Trent Barrett

An interesting question is ... has any coach gone on to win a premiership ... after being sacked ?

What's that old saying?

There are two kinds of coaches, the ones that have been sacked and the ones that are waiting to be sacked.

Very rarely does a career coach go through without getting the punt.
Bellamy is odds on to be an exception to the rule.

The **** at Parra
Trent Barrett
uuhhhmmmm........are we splitting hairs here ?? As good as my friend, as good as.

The **** at Parra
Trent Barrett

Brad arfur was sacked by parra, became manly assistant and was rehired by parra. Pretty sure

All the teams coached by St George players from Mary’s era seem to lack that real camaraderie factor you can see in the great teams. It was a reason they never won a premiership as well I believe. Brown seems like the most likely to build that sort of culture.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4