• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lets get rid of this spoon thread
The spoon is not a Manly thing

Manly Sea Eagles beat New Zealand Warriors 24-10 in 2011 NRL grand ...

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here guys, Jesus. The Dolphins were gutted with injuries. We've won 1 game in our last 5 before this one, and we have The Eels, Chooks and Storm coming up in our next three.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here guys, Jesus. The Dolphins were gutted with injuries. We've won 1 game in our last 5 before this one, and we have The Eels, Chooks and Storm coming up in our next three.
Sorry Jesus but you are in a rut.

Eels have lost one of their key halves, the chooks are playing like never before and are horrible and we always get up for the storm.

Grab a Berocca and celebrate!

Sorry Jesus but you are in a rut.

Eels have lost one of their key halves, the chooks are playing like never before and are horrible and we always get up for the storm.

Grab a Berocca and celebrate!
I understand you're excited, I am too. But like I said, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We are 2 wins from our last 6 games, and 6 wins in our last 20. We'll be without Tom, DCE & Jake for 2 or 3 of our next games.

Well that changed quickly……

Has any team WON by 40 and picked up the spoon?

Yeah Na
Good question. Surprising answer.

In the NRL era since 1998 many wooden spoon winners teams have scored 40 or more during that same season. Wests Magpies in 1998 beat Wabbits 42-6. Penrith in 2001 got a 44-10 win v WestsTigers. Dogs got over 40 in 3 games in 2002, but that was the salary cap team.

I stopped looking for more 40+ scores as while it is not common, it does happen a bit.

I started looking at who got 50 or more.

Storm scored 58-12 vs Cowboys in 2010, but i'm not counting that as this spoon win was as the salary cap punished team.

There is only one wooden spoon winner in the NRL era (1998-2022) who has put on 50 or more in that same season - the year 2000 North Queensland Cowboys - and they did it twice!
Rd 8 beat Nthn Eagles 50-10 in Townsville
Rd 13 beat StG-Illw 50-4 in Townsville

Last edited:
I understand you're excited, I am too. But like I said, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We are 2 wins from our last 6 games, and 6 wins in our last 20. We'll be without Tom, DCE & Jake for 2 or 3 of our next games.
If the back up they will only miss one game v Parra next week.

I understand you're excited, I am too. But like I said, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We are 2 wins from our last 6 games, and 6 wins in our last 20. We'll be without Tom, DCE & Jake for 2 or 3 of
That's a little better. So the one against Parra right ?
Yep storm is after origin 2 and Easts the weekend before game 3 teams picked. Our 3rd bye falls the weekend pre origin 3 so won’t lose any ahead of game 3.

This thread mightn’t have aged very well 😂😂

But yes it’s just one win , and could well be followed by a loss or two.

But , I doubt with what we showed last night that spoon number 1 is headed our way in 23.

This thread mightn’t have aged very well 😂😂

But yes it’s just one win , and could well be followed by a loss or two.

But , I doubt with what we showed last night that spoon number 1 is headed our way in 23.
I think this thread has been misconstrued as a bagging and it wasn’t. My greatest fear is our club landing their first ever spoon. It would devastate me. It was more an observation that some of the bottom clubs look like getting left behind, only to jag wins. That’s unusual, such is the closeness of this season.

I’ve had a smile permanently painted on since last night. Nothing thrills me more than seeing this thread pale into insignificance.

Good question. Surprising answer.

In the NRL era since 1998 many wooden spoon winners teams have scored 40 or more during that same season. Wests Magpies in 1998 beat Wabbits 42-6. Penrith in 2001 got a 44-10 win v WestsTigers. Dogs got over 40 in 3 games in 2002, but that was the salary cap team.

I stopped looking for more 40+ scores as while it is not common, it does happen a bit.

I started looking at who got 50 or more.

Storm scored 58-12 vs Cowboys in 2010, but i'm not counting that as this spoon win was as the salary cap punished team.

There is only one wooden spoon winner in the NRL era (1998-2022) who has put on 50 or more in that same season - the year 2000 North Queensland Cowboys - and they did it twice!
Rd 8 beat Nthn Eagles 50-10 in Townsville
Rd 13 beat StG-Illw 50-4 in Townsville

Love your work

Are we hoping the Tigers will keep losing or are we going to start playing footy and win some games.

What team will turn up against Melb. Hard to imagine Melb losing to us twice in a row.

Then we play the Roosters who no matter how schiit they are going, always beat us.

Are we hoping the Tigers will keep losing or are we going to start playing footy and win some games.

What team will turn up against Melb. Hard to imagine Melb losing to us twice in a row.

Then we play the Roosters who no matter how schiit they are going, always beat us.
Fortunately Tigpies and StMerge are useless and the bulldogs have taken a look at those sides lately and are now saying “Hold my beer…”

With Tommy out for the season.

Might be touch and go.

Seibold and the rest of the team need to step up, otherwise Seibs will never coach again.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6