• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting to note Len that you’re an Apr ‘23 joiner who is now talking about wooden spoons.

We’ve seen your type before. Disrupters.;)
Not sure I follow?

Do you mean I might be a troll?

I’m genuinely nervous about the spoon because every time it looks like we have a team that’s about to be left behind at the bottom of the ladder, they jag a win. It’s just that type of season.

This thread is not intended to bag the club or players, I guess I am just nervous.

At my age I am lucky to spoon

You are talking about the great Golden bedroom spoon feathered friend
and not the dreaded and disgraceful on field wooden spoon

Further more feathered friend is that you are never too old to Golden spoon

Benefits of Golden bedroom spooning include

1. Boosts Oxytocin​

Oxytocin is known as the “love hormone,” and when it’s released, it influences our mood, behavior and physiology. Increased oxytocin provides feelings of contentment and decreased anxiety. It supports social bonding and has calming effects.

A study published in Biological Psychology examined 59 premenopausal women before and after warm contact and hugging with their husbands or partners. Researchers found that frequent hugs between partners were associated with higher oxytocin levels and lower blood pressure.

2. Improves Partner Connection​

Physical contact like spooning can improve partner connection and provide a sense of togetherness and security. Researchers indicate that cuddling is a key expression of intimacy, and a questionnaire involving 514 participants found that when cuddling occurred among partners frequently and for long durations, it’s viewed very positively.

Spooning can improve your intimate relationship with your partner because it allows you to feel cared for, wanted and supported. It helps build trust within a relationship and fosters a sense of love and safety.

3. Reduces Stress​

The boost of oxytocin you get when spooning your partner helps decrease the stress hormone cortisol, which is produced as part of your fight or flight response to stress. Close physical contact also activates sensory neurons in the brain and promotes the production of dopamine, a hormone that’s associated with motivation, satisfaction and pleasure.

4. Improves Sleep​

If you’ve ever wondered about the impact of hormones on the body, consider the simple act of touching or hugging for an extended period of time. The increase of happy and calming hormones that occurs not only helps reduce stress, but improves your sleep, too.

Spooning before falling asleep creates a calming and soothing feeling because of the production of oxytocin, dopamine and serotonin. We know from research that the neurotransmitter serotonin, for example, is very much involved in sleep preparation, triggering and maintenance.

5. Provides Comfort​

The closeness that occurs while spooning can be extremely comforting, which is why it doesn’t just have to be for intimate partners, but can put a child at ease, too. If you’ve ever had an infant who won’t fall asleep in her crib but falls fast asleep when you’re close to her in bed, you understand the sense of security and comfort that exists for babies, children and adults when being cuddled.

6. Boosts Immune System​

It may seem odd that spooning can actually boost immune system health, but it’s true because of the role this kind of close contact has on our hormones. Research indicates that oxytocin has anti-inflammatory and pro-immune adaptive functions.

There’s even research suggesting that increased hugging and perceived support are able to reduce signs of illness when participants are exposed to a virus that causes the common cold.

7. Eases Pain​

Research shows that prolonged elevated cortisol can cause increased inflammation and pain. Close contact like hugging or spooning for an extended period of time can reduce cortisol in the body, which relaxes the body, reduces blood pressure and increases the body’s pain thresholds.

This means that spooning can actually ease pain because the body is not in a state a stress, but in a state of relaxation instead.

The nest four weeks we have the Dolphins, Eels, Storm and the Roosters. Defining month ahead.
This month is a great defining test for us indeed feathered friend

Defining moments define who we are and what we are capable of
We will either seize those moments or the moments will seize us
We will either find a way , and make our own way to success
Or make fruitless excuses
As the Fruit of our labour will bare the fruits of our success

Exercise and Fitness Tips | Bodybuilding and Fitness Zone

Even allowing the vagaries of injuries or key players unavailable , form levels or consistent form levels from most sides all over the place . Look at the Cows as just one instance , get 60 + put on them a couple of weeks ago and totally thrashed but somehow turn things around yesterday and put was it 40 + on the Storm . Top 4 probably the most consistent sides at this stage but hard also at this stage to predict an eventual spoon team . Odds against Manly being it but will still be a quite disappointing season if they get within reach of a top 8 finish but get denied with some very indifferent form to date
Not going to lie, I had to look vagaries up 🤓

Not sure I follow?

Do you mean I might be a troll?

I’m genuinely nervous about the spoon because every time it looks like we have a team that’s about to be left behind at the bottom of the ladder, they jag a win. It’s just that type of season.

This thread is not intended to bag the club or players, I guess I am just nervous.
Yes you've always been a bit melancholic and bittersweet, cheer up mate and look on the bright side!
@:D

Sing with me feathered friends

All together now ....
Some things in life are bad
LIKE THE DREADED AND DISGRACEFULL WOODEN SPOON
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best
And
Always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the light side of life

Even allowing the vagaries of injuries or key players unavailable , form levels or consistent form levels from most sides all over the place . Look at the Cows as just one instance , get 60 + put on them a couple of weeks ago and totally thrashed but somehow turn things around yesterday and put was it 40 + on the Storm . Top 4 probably the most consistent sides at this stage but hard also at this stage to predict an eventual spoon team . Odds against Manly being it but will still be a quite disappointing season if they get within reach of a top 8 finish but get denied with some very indifferent form to date
Between Saints and Bulldogs for mine, I'll say this about the Bulldogs, they always manage to find a way to lose.

What have we come to with this Dreaded Wooden Spoon Thread

Since 2011 our team went from Heaven to Hiatus
And I hate to remind every one that it has been 12 long years without living up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark Grand final glory
Very , Very , Very , Very , Very , Very , Very , Very Disappointing !
As our Legendary club deserves so much more than this

Best Twitter Quotes. QuotesGram

What have we come to with this Dreaded Wooden Spoon Thread

Since 2011 our team went from Heaven to Hiatus
And I hate to remind every one that it has been 12 long years without living up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark Grand final glory
Very , Very , Very , Very , Very , Very , Very , Very Disappointing !
As our Legendary club deserves so much more than this

Best Twitter Quotes. QuotesGram
I don’t expect much with Parker in the centres.

I don’t expect much with Parker in the centres.
The fact of the matter is
If we are expected to win another title
We are expected to meet our Legendary clubs Benchmark premiership winning standards
and the Parkers in our team do not meet those standards

Dynamic in both defence and Attack
The Devouring Premiership Winning Steve Matai
RUGBYDELUXE: STEVE MATAI

Actually love Leonard Cohen the singer-songwriter, a unique talent. Poignant, even haunting. Not necessarily the right tone for a victory party of course!
So long Marianne, guzzle guzzle guzzle pour it down the muzzle, hmm. Horses for courses!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6