Speed thrills !!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Ok mate , Try this
What is the fastest Manly players you have seen in the back line no1 to no5 ?
I was not around for the Famous Irvine - who seems perhaps the quickest ever ??
Snake would have to be the quickest FB
Quickest wingers - Boustead, Scott Donald, Liddiard, and Oldfield (once he gets going)....also 2 flyers with little game time were Andrew Frew and Andrew Hunter.
Centre I rate Dale Shearer an exceptional speedster who often mowed down the flying ET back in the day.....also Snoz and Tezza deceptively quick.
Under rated for speed also was Jack Elsegood who scored a few great long range tries.

We had a sprinter in reggies and his dad as a trainer. Maybe Austin as a surname. The chooks had a flyer on the wing about 10 - 15 years back that i think won the gift. Wasnt a bad footy player either. Cant think of his name atm
Greg Austin - his dad Reg was a sprinter and a sprint coach too.

Is the roosters player Shane wherret (sp ??)

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Elsegood
3. D. Shearer
4. D. Walker
5. S. Donald

Others
K. Boustead
R. Miles
D. Williams

Can't of many more.

How I wish Manly had some electrifying speed in the backline for 2019. A Bevan French, Gideon Mosby-Gela & Jake Mamo type. They would be cheapies and great depth players

As a straight line speedster, Russell Gartner is the quickest I have seen (never saw Irvine play). Players like Snoz and Boustead has exceptional footwork and quick acceleration, but I’d back Gartner everytime over a 100m sprint.

As a straight line speedster, Russell Gartner is the quickest I have seen (never saw Irvine play). Players like Snoz and Boustead has exceptional footwork and quick acceleration, but I’d back Gartner everytime over a 100m sprint.
Gartner looked as quick as any one in the 78 highlights .

Gartner looked as quick as any one in the 78 highlights .

Trust me mate, he was a flying machine. And the context of the article is sustained speed over 100m. If we were to look at short burst speed over 10-20m, there are literally hundreds of candidates. Snoz looked fast because of his incredible swerve and step that left players flat footed giving the illusion of exceptional pace.

Great call on Gibbs. He was like a red hot favourite out of the one box at Harold Park over 20 metres.
The other half back Rick chisholm was as quick off the mark as Gibbsy ?
rugby leaguer mag (102).jpeg

There is no doubt Gartner was quick .... when you get down to it, he and Snake would be in the top group of football speedsters ... but sprinters like Irvine, Donald, Whereat, Corowa were a cut above ......

Gartner had astonishing acceleration and a very good top speed but he was never what you would class as a top sprinter ....

Sotty Donald was as fast as I've seen. In 15/20 years time, Troy Leo will be on lists like this!

With both fully fit and in their prime....a race between Donald and Snake would have been something to behold.

Sotty Donald was as fast as I've seen. In 15/20 years time, Troy Leo will be on lists like this!

With both fully fit and in their prime....a race between Donald and Snake would have been something to behold.

Who's Troy Leo ???

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8