Speed thrills !!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mongo for sure.
I saw him play.
Admittedly I was a kid but he's the reason I support Manly.
He was the only one fast enough to catch a rooster some clown put on the field before the 72 GF.
I loved it and that was that.
Thank you Kenny...

Last edited:
Crouching tiger, hidden Dallas.
4fd7fdc531259df50563dfacc4e85a3d.jpg

The Snake had incredible acceleration . He would slice through . I wonder who was faster Gartner or the Snake ?

The Snake had incredible acceleration . He would slice through . I wonder who was faster Gartner or the Snake ?
The Snake -
I was watching replays of great Manly tries through the 2005 - 2012 period....Snake featured in many.
Not surprising a few of these LONG range tries were started with 1 Ben Kennedy getting his nose through the defence and popping a 1 hander to the anticipating Snake on the fly....he simply runs a slight arc away from the fullback and changes gears - Zoom - Game over....Even the quickness of Matt Bowen looked sluggish once Stewart hits the gas.....oh the memories.....

The Snake -
I was watching replays of great Manly tries through the 2005 - 2012 period....Snake featured in many.
Not surprising a few of these LONG range tries were started with 1 Ben Kennedy getting his nose through the defence and popping a 1 hander to the anticipating Snake on the fly....he simply runs a slight arc away from the fullback and changes gears - Zoom - Game over....Even the quickness of Matt Bowen looked sluggish once Stewart hits the gas.....oh the memories.....
Ok mate , Try this
What is the fastest Manly players you have seen in the back line no1 to no5 ?

We had a sprinter in reggies and his dad as a trainer. Maybe Austin as a surname. The chooks had a flyer on the wing about 10 - 15 years back that i think won the gift. Wasnt a bad footy player either. Cant think of his name atm

We had a sprinter in reggies and his dad as a trainer. Maybe Austin as a surname. The chooks had a flyer on the wing about 10 - 15 years back that i think won the gift. Wasnt a bad footy player either. Cant think of his name atm

Remember the gift is a handicap event ..... it is only impressive if you win it off the back marker ...

Thanks for the great highlights you tube Woodsie
What an amazing athlete Ken was . As Frank Hyde said . Ken was playing for a team that was not a contender and yet Ken stood out like lightning on the grass .
I heard he died tragically at a very young age from cancer .
Ken Arthuson was responsible for building up a team of elite players like Irvin that won our first Grand Final .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8