Post-Game Discussion Souths v Manly [Round 8, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Rabbitohs
Vs
Sea Eagles
40 Central Coast Stadium
29 Apr 2022 19:55
80th minute

Match Stats

Big effort tonight and most of the team should be commended.

Pros

*Garrick is having a great season, love him

*Walker will be Missed, adds so much

* Cherry’s kicking game is finally evolving. Bout time, great to see.

^Koula is fantastic, needs to be outside schuster, he would capitalise so much better than Parker ever can

*Foran is our most inspirational player and puts our captain to shame

*Tuipoluto should retain his position and had far more upside than Saab

Cons

*Cherry- please think, you do so many good things but let yourself and your team down too often

*Marty the mailman- no heart

*Saab - just hasn’t got the grunt he needs, won’t use his shoulder. Meek,timid, athlete not a footballer

* Keppie is a non event offers nothing

*Ben turbo doesn’t look a good defender, a centre he is not

*Schuster, great to have back, needs to shed some pounds

*Jake needs to accept he is a ref target and err on the side of caution more, he is good for two 6 agains every game, some deliberate, a lot just dumb

Still I’m proud of the boys, but there are some issues compounded by injuries

The refs will have more say about the Make up of the 8 this year rather than the teams. I can handle rough calls, the inconsistency and
Double standards kill me

We are a lazy dumb football team.

Look this week effort is probably the only positive take away. I'll cross out lazy "this week"

But Ive got to say, dead set, if we weren't the dumbest footy team in the NRL. We win that game even with only 12 men don't we.

Thr other thing why was not cook sent to the bin for that penalty try or the Josh Mansour hit on Christian which was high.

Seriously Atkins hate us and tonight again I saw his bias again clearly on display.
Annesley will just make some lame excuse that's if it even rates a mention.

Name one ref that gives us a fair shake.

Thr other thing why was not cook sent to the bin for that penalty try or the Josh Mansour hit on Christian which was high.

Seriously Atkins hate us and tonight again I saw his bias again clearly on display.
Foul play that stops a try is only a bin if the try isn't awarded, that wasn't an unusual call. The high shot was only really worth a bin as a square up, not in its own right. If we had a player sent to the bin for either of those plays you would be ropeable.

I've run out of patience with Saab. He can only be better for a few runs at Blacktown for mine.

Marty's left shoulder looked stuffed tonight.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Souths: 40
Manly: 22

279481392_10159747939995993_1073670597867659163_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

‘I give up’: Send-off drama divides NRL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another week, another loss. Yes they were brave and had a dig etc. Yes there were of other factors, injuries and suspensions and the send off but at the end of the day, they made too many mistakes.
I’ve said this before, we’ve got plenty of good players and when we have anything near our full team available, we can beat anyone.
What ****s me is some players, not putting in. It happens every week. Poor options, mental errors, lack of effort. These guys are professional players who spend a week preparing for an 80 min game. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to stay focused and committed for 80 mins.
On the plus side, it was great to see Shuie back. As his match fitness improves, he’ll get better and better. Koula continues to impress and deserves to be one of the first picked each week. Tuipulotu is also terrific. Big, athletic, doesn’t make dumb errors and adds plenty of value. He’s a keeper.
Onto next week.

Big effort tonight and most of the team should be commended.

Pros

*Garrick is having a great season, love him

*Walker will be Missed, adds so much

* Cherry’s kicking game is finally evolving. Bout time, great to see.

^Koula is fantastic, needs to be outside schuster, he would capitalise so much better than Parker ever can

*Foran is our most inspirational player and puts our captain to shame

*Tuipoluto should retain his position and had far more upside than Saab

Cons

*Cherry- please think, you do so many good things but let yourself and your team down too often

*Marty the mailman- no heart

*Saab - just hasn’t got the grunt he needs, won’t use his shoulder. Meek,timid, athlete not a footballer

* Keppie is a non event offers nothing

*Ben turbo doesn’t look a good defender, a centre he is not

*Schuster, great to have back, needs to shed some pounds

*Jake needs to accept he is a ref target and err on the side of caution more, he is good for two 6 agains every game, some deliberate, a lot just dumb

Still I’m proud of the boys, but there are some issues compounded by injuries

The refs will have more say about the Make up of the 8 this year rather than the teams. I can handle rough calls, the inconsistency and
Double standards kill me
Go have a refreshment mate. Way to harsh on the cons except your last paragraph which is spot on. Totally agree with Taupcat. Rest have excuses given experience level. At end of day did anyone really think we would have been still in the game with 12 players for that long? The back to back penalties and 6 again's were a complete rort. It was a disgrace the refs performances.

We are a lazy dumb football team.

Look this week effort is probably the only positive take away. I'll cross out lazy "this week"

But Ive got to say, dead set, if we weren't the dumbest footy team in the NRL. We win that game even with only 12 men don't we.
yep we are stupid and our own worst enemy!

One team i feel sorry for is the tigers that are going to cop a pounding next weekend. No scrap that I hate the tigers as much as souths.

Hamuole back, turbo back according to reports on fox sports, Josh s with a game under his belt.

Dry sunny Saturday afternoon at Brookvale oval and it's our only afternoon game all year at home.

With a 8 day turnaround also.

Tonight souths were not as good as they we made to look.

Davey, Josh A, tank, turbo and losing Lawton for the game all adds up

They'll beat us. They are sharp up the middle (our weakness). They aren't bad. They are playing to leap frog us on the table, and everyone is saying their coach should be sacked and they are awful.

He would have only sent him to the bin if the penalty try was not awarded. You don't get both.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8