Post-Game Discussion Souths v Manly [Round 8, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Rabbitohs
Vs
Sea Eagles
40 Central Coast Stadium
29 Apr 2022 19:55
80th minute

Match Stats

Defense, or defence?
That depends on which part of the world you come from. Americans like to be different with some words of the English Language i.e. colour/color, neighbour/neighbor, harbour/harbor, gaol/jail to name but a few. Defence/defense is just another one to add to the list.

They'll beat us. They are sharp up the middle (our weakness). They aren't bad. They are playing to leap frog us on the table, and everyone is saying their coach should be sacked and they are awful.
I’ll bet you a Mars bar we beat them and probably by quite a few. Tigers have won two games by one point. They are improving but that Souths team is a long way off top 4 and Souths basically turned it over all game v the tigers and they still only won by a FG on the bell. The Parra win was a good effort.

Annesley will just make some lame excuse that's if it even rates a mention.

Name one ref that gives us a fair shake.
I thought rookie ref Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski was very good in our game v the happy clappers, seemed unbiased at least, but he has made a few blunders in other games so will probably not get many games

Does anyone want to give their ranking on all of the dud calls that didn't go our way? The “forward pass” surely takes number 1 spot.
Honestly I don't think Atkins was as bad to us as he has been previously, he did award Foz a dubious try and was very quick to call the penalty try. The shocking forward pass call aside, and missing all the forearms to the face by Cody Walker, (he got Garrick a beauty, that Ennis commented, meekly, on), and 3 or 4 forward passes from Cooke and a few 6 agains that we should have been awarded and at least 3 off sides not awarded ....... hmmm

Just finished watching the game, Marty was horrible, for a bloke trying to get another gig somewhere he ain’t trying too hard.
The penalties and the brain explosion offload bothered me, but those kinds of things have always been on-brand for "Team Tapau". Even when he was at his best, he always had that in his game.

It was his horrible attempted tackle on George Burgess, where he pretty much just closed his eyes, fell at the guy's legs and forgot to hang on, that made me think he was completely cooked.

Another game where after a loss you are full of admiration for the effort that the boys put in with the odds stacked against us. With Gaucomole and Tommy back next week, and Schuster will only be better for the run, got a feeling we're heading for a run of wins now.

The penalties and the brain explosion offload bothered me, but those kinds of things have always been on-brand for "Team Tapau". Even when he was at his best, he always had that in his game.

It was his horrible attempted tackle on George Burgess, where he pretty much just closed his eyes, fell at the guy's legs and forgot to hang on, that made me think he was completely cooked.
Sad part about Marty, he looks like he doesn't want to roll up his sleeves and be in the fight so to speak. Looking like his last year tbh..

couldnt have said it better myself ,but I will
A 24 carat ,7th Dan black belt %&%t ,and allowed to get away with elbows etc to Garrick and others no penalty no 6 again ,shame Atkins ,shame NRL,shame shame shame

Very hard to beat 14 on 12 ,Atkins can barely disguise his pathalogical hatred of us we can probably thank AFB for that .
Atkins gave us nothing that was not a blatant call for us ,but that Toupolouto foward pass takes the cake inept and corrupt
Marty --I'm still in shock that was the most appalling game from a 1st grader that I have seen, say hello to BWSE .
Tippy gets Saabs spot he has been excellent and Koula is miles in front of Harper .Garrick has been outstanding and get his wing back if TT is back
Anyway very proud of thier effort tonight if not for a few blunders by certain players and I'm lost for words with Atkins its beyond description the inept level of officiating .They appear to get worse year after year. Hopefully Davey and Haumole back and Atkins no where near us again .
I dont think Souffs get within 18 of us if we had 13 players even against thier 14.
Lawton should not get anymore than 4 -5 weeks in my opinion and I also think given everything 10 in the bin would have been sufficient and thats probably what would have happened had it not been for the blunder of last week and Tapou.
Onward and upward Manly .
Atkins hates us because of his father.

Saab and Harper needs spells in reserve grade.

Christian and Koula have done enough to start

Turbo
Garrick
Koula
Parker( Ben t if Parker is out with his knee injury)
Christian Tuipulotu

Now that's a much more attacking team.
If Parker is injured I’d go

Tom
Garrick
Tuipulotu centre
Koula
Saab

Ben t needs to get lower to tackle properly in the centres. He was arm grabbing high a bit last night and getting beaten.

I thought rookie ref Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski was very good in our game v the happy clappers, seemed unbiased at least, but he has made a few blunders in other games so will probably not get many games
He'll get dropped because of that and his name is too hard to spell or pronounce for muppets like Rothtool.

This is why I can't agree we tried hard.

As a team I think we did, but I think that match highlighted that there were also some players who should be on notice for not offering enough to make up for the errors they produce.

Real gutsy effort and combined with the strong 2 nd half against the Shark "s , should have the side with plenty of self belief and will to win going forward and sure that Manly gained plenty of respect with the overall team effort . Could have done without those lapses of self discipline and especially from guys who really do know better . Easy in hindsight but if Haumole was on the other edge and the way Schuster was going , would have more then had Souths measure . Pleased that Keppie went a bit better , with Marty so down on form and Paseka out . Tend to shift Tuipulotu to centre if Parker is out and for sure Saab can contribute more , Should just be a matter of time before Koula gets the chance to really show his speed in the open , Garrick doing really good things , along with D C E and foz , probably one of the most complete backlines in the comp now and with Turbo :s imminent return . Be surprised if Burbo makes it as a centre , every prospect in the back row but good utility value. Oh so close to a real upset last night with a few more things going Manly 's way but again plenty of positives to go forward with .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8