Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Round 8, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

40 22
Central Coast Stadium
29 Apr 2022 07:55 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

manly al

First Grader
Could even be a case of considering Jorge for a bench spot if Walker is not available and the Shu not ready to go yet . Would have to really apply himself on an edge for instance in defence but may be capable of providing some good impact value with his attack there . Even with his long absence , would still assume however that the Shu would be added to the bench if Walker is not able to play .

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Be interesting to see whether Shoe starts or whether he comes off bench. Who drops out of squad ? Burbo I presume

• 👍
Reactions: lsz

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
The Burrow needs to be up on Manns Rd sewerage treatment plant.
Haha You mean the old West Gosford abattoirs on Manns Rd where in the 60's and 70's all the offal and waste from the abbs was pumped into Narara Creek. That creek use to have some big noah's cruising up and down it back then.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
This weeks team list definately has a ducks and drake's late in feel to it.

DES doesn't mind keeping a debutant out of the spot light all week either.

I was wondering if Roumanous might even be a show.
Haha You mean the old West Gosford abattoirs on Manns Rd where in the 60's and 70's all the offal and waste from the abbs was pumped into Narara Creek. That creek use to have some big noah's cruising up and down it back then.
Yep can confirm that. Many years ago I was on the 6th tee at Royal Gosford that runs along Narara Creek and saw a decent size Bull shark swim by. 🦈

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We have a fair cheersquad here at ST for the benefits of selecting youth (hope you are going well @Bearfax) :) and looks like we are doing just that. Do we have one of the youngest NRL sides? Along with plenty of experience in key positions, makes for interesting times

Koula 19
Tuipilotu 21
Burbo 20
Saab 21
Bullemor 22
Schuster 20

Eagle 1

First Grader
Murray has one of the fastest play the balls in the comp. Cook feeds off it.

They’ll be running at Keppie, Taupau and Toff. Oh dear.

This could get ugly.

Massive defensive workload will have to be done this week to contain their ruck speed. Do that and we are a chance.

The Indian

Bencher
Outside of Jake ( & Croker ) the rest of our forwards have not played long minutes for a while and they'll be gasping for oxygen at times. We are going to have to use the bench well or get our fair share of the ball if we are a hope.

I don't think Souths are much good and if you complete and kick for field position against them I don't think they have that much. BUT give them good ball attacking sets and they can carve you up ( Cook & Walker ) . Confident our best is good enough. Can we bring something near our best though this week ??

No errors in the first set would be nice for a change - or just maybe kick off to the opposition & don't risk it hey ??

Go Manly

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How do you quantify high work rate? Genuine question.

To be clear my doubt surrounds the following

1. does he want to play a role that is more defensive heavy?
2. and if he plays there would that have a significant affect on his offensive contributions.
Just look at the tackle counts.

eagleron

Bencher
Yet to see much from Burbo.

Murray has one of the fastest play the balls in the comp. Cook feeds off it.

They’ll be running at Keppie, Taupau and Toff. Oh dear.

This could get ugly.

Massive defensive workload will have to be done this week to contain their ruck speed. Do that and we are a chance.
If we can get up in Murray's face he's got a mistake in him, we just have to shut him down but at the same time watch our 10 metres otherwise Atkins will be all over us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17