Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Round 8, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

40 22
Central Coast Stadium
29 Apr 2022 07:55 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I feel sorry for you chasing an argument. I gather you must be bored.

If you can’t tell the difference in the physical attributes of Brian To’o vs Jason Saab - I can’t help you.

Saab was bought for his height and his speed. 2 qualities that we utilised extremely well in 2021 (with Turbos help) but are yet to do in 2022. That was my point.

To help you understand, it’s like being able to give a centre early clean ball or a 2nd row a good attacking line to hit a hole - if you don’t do these things, they won’t be as effective.

If you don’t utilise a 6’8” sprinter with attacking high kicks or chances to beat his opposite on the outside - he won’t be as effective.

Simple stuff really but appears you are more interested in trying to degrade others opinions to see it. Take a step back, take a deep breath. Don’t let yourself get so worked up.

Thanks for that lesson on wingers ... now if I could just get someone to teach me how to suck these eggs ..

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Pretty sure that he readily accepted an initial club offer of 750 k or so which the club then withdrew to focus on Foz .
Close but not exactly. He 'would have accepted' that offer, or he 'was about to acept' that offer. He certainly hadn't accepted it at the time it was withdrawn (because when an offer is accepted it is too late to withdraw it!)
I was actually referring more to the early part of his career when he started on peanuts but suddenly had a burgeoning market value.

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
I feel sorry for you chasing an argument. I gather you must be bored.

If you can’t tell the difference in the physical attributes of Brian To’o vs Jason Saab - I can’t help you.

Saab was bought for his height and his speed. 2 qualities that we utilised extremely well in 2021 (with Turbos help) but are yet to do in 2022. That was my point.

To help you understand, it’s like being able to give a centre early clean ball or a 2nd row a good attacking line to hit a hole - if you don’t do these things, they won’t be as effective.

If you don’t utilise a 6’8” sprinter with attacking high kicks or chances to beat his opposite on the outside - he won’t be as effective.

Simple stuff really but appears you are more interested in trying to degrade others opinions to see it. Take a step back, take a deep breath. Don’t let yourself get so worked up.
Teams have been defending out the back plays better this year Turbo was getting smashed out the back they know his coming,Saab needs to go looking for the ball or opportunities through the middle ,he looks happy to have his one hitup then sit on the wing

47MVEagle

Bencher
That's the one where we blow up over ref'/bunker clowns, DCE, Parker, Croker, Jake 6 agains, Keppie, Marty ,NRL bastards and then turn on each other for the next 7 days.
I think @Jethro started pre, game day & post threads for each game to prevent Captain Hindsight & his trusty companion Multi Quote from clogging up the forum with voluminous "I told you so's"

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
That's the one where we blow up over ref'/bunker clowns, DCE, Parker, Croker, Jake 6 agains, Keppie, Marty ,NRL bastards and then turn on each other for the next 7 days.
That's the one I read with interest after watching the game, to see how many of the faxes Des read and actually followed that was sent from the Group discussing the masterpiece tactics that were put together by the group during the week.

Last edited:

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I think @Jethro started pre, game day & post threads for each game to prevent Captain Hindsight & his trusty companion Multi Quote from clogging up the forum with voluminous "I told you so's"
But I loved the voluminous "I told you so's" because I featured heavily hahaha

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
Agree to an extent.
But we don’t know what his game instructions are.

He certainly doesn’t have the build to be a battering ram taking numerous hit ups in the middle. At least not yet - the kids in his 2nd year, is young and probably still not fully developed strength/size wise.
And it’s no good losing momentum in the middle trying to get a lanky 6’8” bean pole to make ground.

If teams have worked out our backline plays and we aren’t going to use him to his strengths, I think maybe Saab needs a stint in reserves and we run with Tuipolotu and Koula (when Garrick comes back to wing with Turbo at the back).

Tui and Koula are more suited to making metres in the middle if

that’s going to be our game plan.

Agree to an extent.
But we don’t know what his game instructions are.

He certainly doesn’t have the build to be a battering ram taking numerous hit ups in the middle. At least not yet - the kids in his 2nd year, is young and probably still not fully developed strength/size wise.
And it’s no good losing momentum in the middle trying to get a lanky 6’8” bean pole to make ground.

If teams have worked out our backline plays and we aren’t going to use him to his strengths, I think maybe Saab needs a stint in reserves and we run with Tuipolotu and Koula (when Garrick comes back to wing with Turbo at the back).

Tui and Koula are more suited to making metres in the middle if that’s going to be our game plan.
I think they could use him in attacking positions on the field cutting through the middle similar to the way we use Turbo when we get on the front foot ,to me wingers don't have the room they had last year don't know if the rule changes or defence is better

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm confused. Should I be posting in Pre Game, Game Day or both threads at the same time.
By rights, the only posts that should be in the 'Game Day' thread prior to kick off other than Post #1 are the "It's Game Day" & "Go Manly" type posts. Everything else is supposed to be in the 'Pre-Game' thread.

At kick off, the 'Pre-Game' thread is supposed to be locked and the continuation of discussion is carried out in the 'Game Day' thread.

At full time, the 'Game Day' thread is locked and the discussion is then carried out in the 'Post Game Discussion' thread.

By rights, the only posts that should be in this thread prior to kick off are the "It's Game Day" & "Go Manly" type posts. Everything else is supposed to be in the 'Pre-Game' thread.

At kick off, the 'Pre-Game' thread is supposed to be locked and the continuation of discussion is carried out in the 'Game Day' thread.

At full time, the 'Game Day' thread is locked and the discussion is then carried out in the 'Post Game Discussion' thread.
…. “Pre game”can be on the same day as “game day”…. Is “ pre game” for post up to the day of the game, and “pre game “ post on the day of the game go into “ game. Day “ or do all post on “game day” go into “game day” even though that is before the game… no that can’t be right, because we have “ post game” thread. so I assure you want the post made “post game “ to go into the “post game” thread even though we are making those post on “game day”

I’m sorry but I’m a tad confused…. Maybe I should just start another thread, and you can move it to where you want if to go.

Just sayin’

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Why would you think he didn't give it the OK?
Have you seen how many negative comments Schu has attracted here on ST as a result of this?? And that's here where we all love the guy! Do you think Des enjoyed answering questions about this? Or the Manly players interviewed about it?

I highly doubt it was Schu's idea to write to the club and leak it to Weidler. But it frankly defies credibility to suggest a manager is so dumb they will do something with such obvious potential to embarass their client, create friction in his team and bring unwanted publicity to his club, without running it all by said client first.
Hey Schu, I could put a bit of gentle pressure on the club as they are thinking of re-signing Foz? Might create a bit of a stir though, what do you think?
Yeah go for it, I'm the star player, better remind the club about that.
There is another option of course. The club could have leaked it to put pressure back on Schuster.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
…. “Pre game”can be on the same day as “game day”…. Is “ pre game” for post up to the day of the game, and “pre game “ post on the day of the game go into “ game. Day “ or do all post on “game day” go into “game day” even though that is before the game… no that can’t be right, because we have “ post game” thread. so I assure you want the post made “post game “ to go into the “post game” thread even though we are making those post on “game day”

I’m sorry but I’m a tad confused…. Maybe I should just start another thread, and you can move it to where you want if to go.

Just sayin’
My wife just mentioned "does it include the warm up" because otherwise the pre game might go for days

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Just sayin’

Sorry, I thought that I was posting my previous reply in the 'Game Day' thread so it may have confused you when I said "By rights, the only posts that should be in this thread prior to kick off are the "It's Game Day" & "Go Manly" type posts".

I have corrected my previous post and will repeat it here too and hopefully it will be clearer for you to understand:

By rights, the only posts that should be in the 'Game Day' thread prior to kick off other than Post #1 are the "It's Game Day" & "Go Manly" type posts. Everything else is supposed to be in the 'Pre-Game' thread.

My wife just mentioned "does it include the warm up" because otherwise the pre game might go for days
Yeah! Warm up has got to be ‘pre game ‘…. But I guess that it could also be ‘game day’ ….. but surely any warmup must end ‘pre game’ or I guess it could be ‘ game day’ but I cannot see how your wife could contemplate it being ‘ post game’ sure that would be warm down’

Just sayin’

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Yeah! Warm up has got to be ‘pre game ‘…. But I guess that it could also be ‘game day’ ….. but surely any warmup must end ‘pre game’ or I guess it could be ‘ game day’ but I cannot see how your wife could contemplate it being ‘ post game’ sure that would be warm down’

Just sayin’
All I know is that I start pre game on a Monday so I can play at the end of week. I understand your point because I don't think my wife knows the difference. Granted my game preparation and game plan and warm down is rather questionable.

It's all good. My wife came up to me a little earlier and suggested I should embrace my mistakes, so I got up and gave her a hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17