Post-Game Discussion Souths v Manly [Round 4, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Rabbitohs
Vs
Sea Eagles
13 Accor Stadium
25 Mar 2023 19:35
81:58 minute

Match Stats

Next time take the 2 when gifted right in front
yeah, that's a tough one. DCE probably thought they were going to crack, kudos to Sths they defended really well. Going on the final score line, we should of backed our defence and took the 2pts.

yeah, that's a tough one. DCE probably thought they were going to crack, kudos to Sths they defended really well. Going on the final score line, we should of backed our defence and took the 2pts.
I think early on in a game you play on , but anything after the 60th minute , take the 2.

And let’s not forget we knocked that back TWICE.

And as we should expect, nothing but South’s player interviews and blowing smoke up their a$$ in the media coverage

Hence why I turned it off as soon as the game finished. Experience told me that it was going to be a wankfest over Souths "winning it for Sattler". Bad enough on Fox League, so I can only imagine how bad it would have been if it had been a game on Ch.9.......

As for the game..... while I agree our attack in the 2nd half should have been better, I do feel like we were robbed last night. No way in hell was there even close to a forward pass in Turbo's no-try while that penalty to tie the game at 12 all was complete BS. Not only was it an actual forward pass to Latrel, but FFS all Lawton did was grab his shoulders. Sutton gifted Souths being in that game.

Hence why I turned it off as soon as the game finished. Experience told me that it was going to be a wankfest over Souths "winning it for Sattler". Bad enough on Fox League, so I can only imagine how bad it would have been if it had been a game on Ch.9.......

As for the game..... while I agree our attack in the 2nd half should have been better, I do feel like we were robbed last night. No way in hell was there even close to a forward pass in Turbo's no-try while that penalty to tie the game at 12 all was complete BS. Not only was it an actual forward pass to Latrel, but FFS all Lawton did was grab his shoulders. Sutton gifted Souths being in that game.
I said very early on in the game day thread , we’ll battle all night the “ Sattler Legacy “.

We needed to be 120% above them , not equal with them cause if that’s how it pans out , we’ll lose , as the decisions will go their way.

It’s bull**** , but human nature I guess

Just watched the game again, and the intensity and the effort of all the players was pretty incredible. There was nothing left on the field by either team. It was a game of guts and determination and extreme exhaustion in the end. The game was played with more emotion and passion, than skill and quality, by all our boys and theirs. It was a finals game, and it felt like a throwback from the seventies and the eighties. (Manlys Golden Years) There is no shame in that loss for any of our players. Proud to be a Sea Eagle. Go Manly.
Yep, I just saw the game for the 1st time and I don't think you can say any of our blokes had a bad game. We had a couple of things go against us but Souffs on line defence was very good when it counted. It was a big effort when you consider the forwards they had out. We had enough chances to score. It was really just 2 errors that tipped the scales - the early drop ball from Tui and the obvious one from Josh A. Tom just doesn't look 100% - is it confidence or fitness?? The fact our defence is holding up so much better under pressure is the best thing. The finessing of the attack is hopefully something that will come.

Pretty full-on knee brace on Koulas knee, hopefully its nothing too major.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230326_114643_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326_114643_Gallery.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 49

Yep, I thought the pass to Mitchell was forward (dodgy angle tho to judge it) and was surprised no one mentioned it on the commentary. And did Lawton even touch the head at any time?? But anyway .........

100% agree, not once did the Fox commentators mentioned the Turbo no try. And Vonnie just sends me insane stating the obvious all the time. I watched all the way through the Sths interviews ugh!! to the pressers and saw Sieb's smiling face, would be good to show a bit of passion every now and then.

Yeah, I heard the bloke on the commentary say something about 2 points not being worth it to Manly coz they were only 2 in front. Maybe I'm too conservative but you get a breather, you get the ball back and you back your defence.

Yep, I just saw the game for the 1st time and I don't think you can say any of our blokes had a bad game. We had a couple of things go against us but Souffs on line defence was very good when it counted. It was a big effort when you consider the forwards they had out. We had enough chances to score. It was really just 2 errors that tipped the scales - the early drop ball from Tui and the obvious one from Josh A. Tom just doesn't look 100% - is it confidence or fitness?? The fact our defence is holding up so much better under pressure is the best thing. The finessing of the attack is hopefully something that will come.

Our attack in the 2nd half should have been better, but at the same time as much as I do feel we got robbed I can't fault Souths 2nd half defence.

I think Tom is closer to 100% than people think. But he's still getting used to his new running style which after 25 years of another way would definitely take some getting used to. The main thing I'm taking out of it is that he's not getting injured. Tom is no good to this team sitting on the sidelines injured.

Yep, I thought the pass to Mitchell was forward (dodgy angle tho to judge it) and was surprised no one mentioned it on the commentary. And did Lawton even touch the head at any time?? But anyway .........

No head shot, just grabbed the shoulders. As accidental as it was (it was just the typical fullback racing across, gets stepped because they can't stop in time so he hung out the arm. No malice involved), Latrell hit Garrick higher than Lawton grabbed him.

‘Complete farce’: Forward pass call costs Manly dearly in golden point thriller​

South Sydney have pulled off a stunning tribute to John Sattler but it’s come amid some controversy after Manly were robbed a certain try....

Sorry didn't notice you'd already posted this.
It was also one of the 'Press Print & Video Articles' links that I had posted in Post #1 of this thread.

I think Tom is closer to 100% than people think. But he's still getting used to his new running style which after 25 years of another way would definitely take some getting used to. The main thing I'm taking out of it is that he's not getting injured. Tom is no good to this team sitting on the sidelines injured.
I agree, just posted something similar in the our fault thread :)

I agree, just posted something similar in the our fault thread :)

When you've been running or walking a certain way for pretty much most of your life, learning a new way and actually doing it like that all the time isn't easy. It is actually very easy in the heat of the moment to go back to the old way and I think Tom is conscious of trying not to go back.

We've already seen that there is a touch of his 2021 form about him in 2023. Now he just needs to get full confidence in his new running in his head and he'll be good to go. The more he plays without getting injured, the more his confidence will grow.

May have been?​

NRL round 4: Rabbitohs win 13-12 over Manly, Sea Eagles denied try over controversial ‘forward pass’​

Just days after losing club legend John Sattler, an exhausted Rabbitohs side have survived a Manly onslaught, but may have been assisted by a contentious referee call.

Martin Gabor, Michael Carayannis and Wilson Smith
Cody Walker did the early damage before halves partner Lachlan Ilias provided the heroics as the Rabbitohs honoured the late John Sattler with an emotional 13-12 win over the Sea Eagles in a super Saturday classic.
But the win wasn’t without controversy, with the Sea Eagles denied a ‘wonderful try’ by referee Chris Sutton which left commentators stunned.

“Well that is a wonderful try that has been denied and the Eagles are incensed,” Dan Ginnane said.

“At that no stage did I think there was a forward pass in that movement,” Greg Alexander said.

“No, no, no. No way was that forward, what is wrong? That’s a let off for Souths.”
The problem was the pass was perfectly legal and should have resulted in four points for the visitors midway through the first half.

“The referees and the touchies are closest to it,” Anthony Seibold said.

“It would have been great if it was awarded because it was actually decent footy, but some calls you get and some you don’t.

“It was early in the game so we had enough time to give ourselves another opportunity.”

👀 forward pass……… really? I don’t think it was even close to forward. #nrl

— Jamie Soward (@sowwowofficial6) March 25, 2023

Thing is some people in the game just dont seem to understand basic physics and need to go back and do a little schooling. Just because a ball seems to travel forward doesnt mean its a forward pass if the passer is running forward. Some refs dont seem to get it and make the same mistake over and over again. They shouldn't be in that role if they cant understand that simple principle. Dumb stuff and the refs boss needs to apologise and send the video ref to watch videos of these types of passes over and over again until they get it right. Passing 101

Thing is some people in the game just dont seem to understand basic physics and need to go back and do a little schooling. Just because a ball seems to travel forward doesnt mean its a forward pass if the passer is running forward. Some refs dont seem to get it and make the same mistake over and over again. They shouldn't be in that role if they cant understand that simple principle. Dumb stuff and the refs boss needs to apologise and send the video ref to watch videos of these types of passes over and over again until they get it right. Passing 101
That's because we have a professional sport but officiated by amateurs still. Not to mention how the bunker clown can over rule the onfield no try decision to Walker on the back of inconclusive video replay from a fair distance which never showed the ball being anywhere but touching the deadball line.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4