Post-Game Discussion Souths v Manly [Round 4, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Rabbitohs
Vs
Sea Eagles
13 Accor Stadium
25 Mar 2023 19:35
81:58 minute

Match Stats

This is one game I just want to forget about,and not think about anymore. Too many variables to consider in regards to the result. Hopefully we get the young hooker into the top 30 squad and move on.. oh yeah, and Saab for Tippytoe, when he recovers... NEXT!!

I also agree that DCE should have taken the two. As I alluded to through my game commentary I thought DCE was really poor. He was too many shades of the usual headless chook, after showing promise of change through the trials.
When games get in a grind he looks lost. Given we scored our points from cross field bomb and intercept. It should of happened. That is on him

Honestly don't feel too bad after that. Some of the comments I've read from Manly fans makes it seem we lost by big margin🤣 but I thought defensively we were sound considering last week conceding 30points. Last week our offence was sound but defence lacking, this week was other way around. Long season ahead so if the boys can find that sweet spot of the both it'll be juicy👌 big game in a fortnight against Penrith so if we can bounce back against the Knights next week we should be heading into that clash confident and lessons learnt. Have a good Sunday peeps🦅
I think I’ll sign off tonight with your positive post.@:)

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Rabbits : 13
Manly : 12

337664910_707760224475082_2786754839453250453_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

337657152_242533718216892_6939808143725737515_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

missed-it-by-that-much-missed.gif

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Manly ‘incensed’ over horror call as Souths get it done for Satts

‘Complete farce’: Commentators slam NRL

Sea Eagles Judiciary News: TBA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did forget Koula bombing that try

When games get in a grind he looks lost. Given we scored our points from cross field bomb and intercept. It should of happened. That is on him
He is brilliant at many aspects and yet so woefully inept in certain key aspects. That's DCE.

The refereeing was god awful but I’m gonna say it. Cherry-Evans was terrible and absent on the many chances we had on their line. At least Schuster could kick into the in goal and create opportunities as we saw with Haumole’s try. Ignoring his intercept try we looked lost and should’ve been up by multiple tries if not for his garbage organisation. All well and good showing up for games at home against the Dogs and Eels but he was **** tonight, no doubting it
I was wrong, DCE put in that great kick for Haumole. What I wasn’t wrong about was his complete lack of direction and terrible last tackle options. A shame he didn’t kick a game winning field goal tonight to cover over these cracks

Not a disappointing loss but a very painful one. Especially when it was right there for the taking and we were probably the better side for most the game. The Rabbits have had the wood over us in pretty much all the games in the last few seasons, especially in tight ones so hurts that we've gone down again narrowly to them.

However putting a positive spin on it, it was a 1 point loss to a team that will most likely be a premiership contender. We managed to hold on and keep a tight arm wrestle for the full game against them, something we wouldn't have been able to do in the last few years against a top team. And as it's still early in the season, that's strong signs. Felt like our attack was less sharp and way more clunky compared to last week, but also credit to how well Rabbits defended. Tough one to take, but we will finish the round 2nd or 3rd at worst and then go over and put an absolute score on Knights at Mudgee next week so it won't be too bad.

boo

~sigh~

What a ref's call. sheesh. There must be a rule about those calls when souffs play Manly.

Now one play doesn't make a player (or mistake in this case) but I'm beginning to think I've seen lesser myths in an ancient Greece history book then one of our certain props. Couldn't pick a bigger play to stuff up on.

I hate losing.

giphy.gif

Given that mob pasted us last few seasons I think we are headed in right direction.
We where the better team they got lucky, the turbo dud call and koula bomb try then not taking the 2 and then Tuipolotu handing them a shot at 12 all.
And aloiai butter fingers.
Just need to stay fit, read on twitter Koula was in a knee brace hope this is just precaution

We lost the game but showed where this team is heading .My only concern right now is that we had chances to put them and Eels away but let it slip .It is a good problem to have and hope they work on it by the time the finals come around .Our match fitness will also improve with a couple more games which will be a big help too .Cannot complain with the effort last night but we need to be rewarded for it .Let's go Manly .

Agree, it looked pedestrian in 2nd half.
Dce crap ball to outside men and Schuster was terrible never once did they go short to Parker in attack.
It’s our bloody organization in attack. Seriously how hard is it to get to the right hand post in attack 10 out to set up the sweep back to the left. Feel there were heaps of times in the second half where the attack on their line was all over the place.

It’s our bloody organization in attack. Seriously how hard is it to get to the right hand post in attack 10 out to set up the sweep back to the left. Feel there were heaps of times in the second half where the attack on their line was all over the place.
Don't think the 9 helped at all. Looked so disjointed he service is slow to halfs.

Was disappointed I gotta say, we looked completely different in attack compared to the last 2 wins and our defence was missing the starch.

I don't like to keep harping on the forward pass, but what made it highly dubious was the fact it was called the moment Turbo scored...to which it was 20-30 seconds after the actual pass.
I thought ref called it straight away. You see it in the replay. Everyone just played on until Mitchell stopped - after he fell for turbos dummy. It was one of the worst forward pass calls I’ve ever seen. Imagine that happened in a GF.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7