Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Round 4, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
Accor Stadium
25 Mar 2023 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we wearing maroon home jersey this week? There's no jersey colour clash with Souths so no need for the white jersey.

l_1974-Big-League-20200419-(189).jpg

That's right - 20 cents for a Big League magazine back then. I was so skint that I would have been looking for a discarded copy on the ground. Save my 20 cents (if I had it) for a big bag of lollies in a white paper bag.

Are we wearing maroon home jersey this week? There's no jersey colour clash with Souths so no need for the white jersey.

l_1974-Big-League-20200419-(189).jpg

Like @Brookie Bob I would always try and get hold of a Big league mag at the game. I remember a bloke giving me his copy one day when I kept asking him who one of the players was. Looking at the cover again, I guess that made him an organ donor!

Ok don't just hold them starting like monsters the first 15m, dish it out with even more venom so they know there's no bullying in this game unless it's Manly.
Play the long game down their end and don't give them sets near the 20m zone so it limits that sweeping right hand side play.
Give the backrows as many opportunities as possible to target the Souths halves, as will dent them big time and open up space both through the middle and out wide and allow Tom to play off the back of this.

Is that Yileen Gordon on Souths reserve grade bench?

Yileen 'Buddy' Gordon of played 50-100 games for a few different clubs around 2010 fame???

He must be high 30s by now?

Last edited:
I've watched a heap of footy this year and there are 2 huge positives for us already this season - our defense AND attack has improved out of sight. Although we haven't managed it for 80 mins our defence has been some of the toughest of all the teams. Been a looong time since we actually looked scary for opposition forwards to take us on. Coupled with that Ferrari Schuster having the ball on a string with a heap of ball playing options around him our attack has looked absolutely potent too at times. (Again, more dangerous than most other teams.) If we get a fair share of the ball and good field possession we win by a couple of tries. Go Manly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4