Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Round 4, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
Accor Stadium
25 Mar 2023 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Match officials:

• Referee: Chris Sutton
  • Touch Judge: Matt Raymond
  • Touch Judge: Jon Stone
  • Standby Touch Judge: Daniel Luttringer
  • Bunker Review Official: Ashley Klein

:mɒɘt ƨʞɘɘw ƨiʜt ɿoʇ ʞɔiq γM

ɔivɘįobɿT moT - 𐐒ꟻ
υtolυpiυT nɒitƨiɿʜƆ - ӘW
ɿɘʞɿɒꟼ dɒɿ𐐒 - ƎƆ
ɒlυoﻼ υloT - ƎƆ
ʞɔiɿɿɒӘ nɘbυɘЯ - ӘW
ɿɘtƨυʜɔƧ ʜƨoႱ - Ǝꟻ
)ɔ( ƨnɒvƎ-γɿɿɘʜƆ γlɒႧ - 𐐒H
ɒʞɘƨɒꟼ ɒlɘinɒT - Яꟼ
ɿɘʞoɿƆ nɒlʜɔɒ⅃ - ﻼH
ɔivɘįobɿT ɘʞɒႱ - Яꟼ
υtɒ'υɒʞɒlO ɘlomυɒH - ЯƧ
iϱɒliυT ɒmlɘﻼ - ЯƧ
iɒiolA ʜƨoႱ - ﻼ⅃

ɿomɘllυ𐐒 nɒʜtƎ ,ɘippɘﻼ nɒɘƧ ,ɔivɘįobɿT nɘ𐐒 ,ƨɘʞɘɘW oɘɒﻼ - ʜɔnɘ𐐒​
Jeez you’re having a rough trot HoldenV8. First your Kayo and now this. Deep breaths.

Really good that we are able to field the same 17 back to back. South's will be a little disjointed in the forwards this week losing 3 players. It's starting to look good for us winning this game up the middle. So we should expect to have some good field position in attack throughout the game. My main concern is that South's will be directing a lot of traffic at Schuster so hopefully he has a strong game defensively. If I was the coach I would give him a 10 minute spell before half time and throw Weekes out there to fill his spot.

This is one of those games where DCE needs to kick for touch more so than attacking kicks. We want to slow this one down as much as possible and repeat sets will be crucial if we can get 3 or 4 of those. Once again like last week we are the better team on paper but we also need to limit their offloads and have more desperation in defence particularly with putting pressure on their kickers and a good old fashioned up and in sliding defence to frustrate the Hell out of them. With Turbo patrolling the back we can nullify their short kicking game as they will try and exploit some of our slower guys.

And lastly, Weekes is a bit of an X Factor coming off the bench. If the coach chooses to keep Schuster out there for the whole game I would choose to throw him into dummy half in the final 15 of each half and give Croker a spell. His running game will have them in split minds and he could catch some of the tiring Rabbitohs forwards napping and find some space up the middle. Not sure how good his passing game is but he seems pretty skilful from what I have seen so far.

Croker will need a spell in both halves. As a result of his high tackle count he gets fatigued and this leads to errors. We will need to be error free and disciplined to win. No lapses and a full 80 minute team effort.

And lastly, Weekes is a bit of an X Factor coming off the bench. If the coach chooses to keep Schuster out there for the whole game I would choose to throw him into dummy half in the final 15 of each half and give Croker a spell. His running game will have them in split minds and he could catch some of the tiring Rabbitohs forwards napping and find some space up the middle. Not sure how good his passing game is but he seems pretty skilful from what I have seen so far.
Interesting thoughts Alf, Schuster went most of the way last Thurs but came of late with leg cramps. He'll be fine, you would want Schuster on with only 15 or 10 min to go in both half's, to cash in on fatigue and tiring forwards. Unless we are well in front, Shuster sitting out the last 10min has merit tho.

Manly are underdogs, but in with a good chance ... and if they do win this one our momentum is going to rise exponentially.

I'm tipping Manly.
But but.. the Sattler commemoration.. the arm bands.. the jersey, the homeground.. Sattler's spirit to channel through their inexperienced Pack.. It's all part of an NRL fairy tail script

And that’s what’s concerns me because it may subconsciously affect the decisions made during the game like back to back six again calls on the back of a verbal crowd. Big test for the boys.

But but.. the Sattler commemoration.. the arm bands.. the jersey, the homeground.. Sattler's spirit to channel through their inexperienced Pack.. It's all part of an NRL fairy tail script
Yep. Plus Manly has a terrible record v Souths ... and at that stadium ...
but after 5 minutes none of that will count. I think we'll get them in the forwards, especially our bench is better.

One things for sure they won’t change the way they play, they love to shift the ball, a lot depends on how their middles stand up I guess, there’s some big outs.

We get a prime opportunity to knock them over at Accor this week, I had a question mark against this game at the start of the season. South’s have had a tough opening 3 Rd‘s, their middles are decimated, Sattler may or may not be a good thing and they will be a little desperate facing 1-4.

Should be a good game, I’m actually feeling pretty confident we’ll get them, big chance to bank 2 points that might not have been part of the calculations.

Yep. Plus Manly has a terrible record v Souths ... and at that stadium ...
but after 5 minutes none of that will count. I think we'll get them in the forwards, especially our bench is better.
Really?
4DB1EEA7-84D6-48D4-9514-6111872221A7.jpeg

One things for sure they won’t change the way they play, they love to shift the ball, a lot depends on how their middles stand up I guess, there’s some big outs.

We get a prime opportunity to knock them over at Accor this week, I had a question mark against this game at the start of the season. South’s have had a tough opening 3 Rd‘s, their middles are decimated, Sattler may or may not be a good thing and they will be a little desperate facing 1-4.

Should be a good game, I’m actually feeling pretty confident we’ll get them, big chance to bank 2 points that might not have been part of the calculations.
If we dominate them in the forwards, and going on what Sths have we should. We should have them back pedalling with or without the ball and they'll find it hard to mount any worthwhile sweeping backline plays that they are famous for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4