Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Round 4, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
Accor Stadium
25 Mar 2023 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mɒɘt ƨʞɘɘw ƨiʜt ɿoʇ ʞɔiq γM

ɔivɘįobɿT moT - 𐐒ꟻ
υtolυpiυT nɒitƨiɿʜƆ - ӘW
ɿɘʞɿɒꟼ dɒɿ𐐒 - ƎƆ
ɒlυoﻼ υloT - ƎƆ
ʞɔiɿɿɒӘ nɘbυɘЯ - ӘW
ɿɘtƨυʜɔƧ ʜƨoႱ - Ǝꟻ
)ɔ( ƨnɒvƎ-γɿɿɘʜƆ γlɒႧ - 𐐒H
ɒʞɘƨɒꟼ ɒlɘinɒT - Яꟼ
ɿɘʞoɿƆ nɒlʜɔɒ⅃ - ﻼH
ɔivɘįobɿT ɘʞɒႱ - Яꟼ
υtɒ'υɒʞɒlO ɘlomυɒH - ЯƧ
iϱɒliυT ɒmlɘﻼ - ЯƧ
iɒiolA ʜƨoႱ - ﻼ⅃

ɿomɘllυ𐐒 nɒʜtƎ ,ɘippɘﻼ nɒɘƧ ,ɔivɘįobɿT nɘ𐐒 ,ƨɘʞɘɘW oɘɒﻼ - ʜɔnɘ𐐒​

ɔivɘįobɿT moT - 𐐒ꟻ
υtolυpiυT nɒitƨiɿʜƆ - ӘW
ɿɘʞɿɒꟼ dɒɿ𐐒 - ƎƆ
ɒlυoﻼ υloT - ƎƆ
ʞɔiɿɿɒӘ nɘbυɘЯ - ӘW
ɿɘtƨυʜɔƧ ʜƨoႱ - Ǝꟻ
ɒʞɘƨɒꟼ ɒlɘinɒT - Яꟼ
ɿɘʞoɿƆ nɒlʜɔɒ⅃ - ﻼH
ɔivɘįobɿT ɘʞɒႱ - Яꟼ
υtɒ'υɒʞɒlO ɘlomυɒH - ЯƧ
iϱɒliυT ɒmlɘﻼ - ЯƧ
iɒiolA ʜƨoႱ - ﻼ⅃

?,
So no changes then ?

ɔivɘįobɿT moT - 𐐒ꟻ
υtolυpiυT nɒitƨiɿʜƆ - ӘW
ɿɘʞɿɒꟼ dɒɿ𐐒 - ƎƆ
ɒlυoﻼ υloT - ƎƆ
ʞɔiɿɿɒӘ nɘbυɘЯ - ӘW
ɿɘtƨυʜɔƧ ʜƨoႱ - Ǝꟻ
ɒʞɘƨɒꟼ ɒlɘinɒT - Яꟼ
ɿɘʞoɿƆ nɒlʜɔɒ⅃ - ﻼH
ɔivɘįobɿT ɘʞɒႱ - Яꟼ
υtɒ'υɒʞɒlO ɘlomυɒH - ЯƧ
iϱɒliυT ɒmlɘﻼ - ЯƧ
iɒiolA ʜƨoႱ - ﻼ⅃

Reflect Kamala Harris GIF by The Democrats

South’s are absolutely going to be ‘up’ for this game, with Sattler’s sad passing. They will be playing on a lot of emotion and will play the full 80.

I think we’ll dominate the early stages, however, if we drop off like last week, they’ll roll over the top of us.

It’s going to be a great game, played with a lot of emotion, and I think we could see quite a few sin bins, and maybe a send off (Cody Walker comes to mind).
They'll be up anyway, only got the one win so far. I wonder if having all this pent up emotion on top of an average start for them may not work so well, we'll see I guess.

ɔivɘįobɿT moT - 𐐒ꟻ
υtolυpiυT nɒitƨiɿʜƆ - ӘW
ɿɘʞɿɒꟼ dɒɿ𐐒 - ƎƆ
ɒlυoﻼ υloT - ƎƆ
ʞɔiɿɿɒӘ nɘbυɘЯ - ӘW
ɿɘtƨυʜɔƧ ʜƨoႱ - Ǝꟻ
ɒʞɘƨɒꟼ ɒlɘinɒT - Яꟼ
ɿɘʞoɿƆ nɒlʜɔɒ⅃ - ﻼH
ɔivɘįobɿT ɘʞɒႱ - Яꟼ
υtɒ'υɒʞɒlO ɘlomυɒH - ЯƧ
iϱɒliυT ɒmlɘﻼ - ЯƧ
iɒiolA ʜƨoႱ - ﻼ⅃

Mirror mirror on the wall...

The human brain is an amazing thing. Typos, mirror image, and yet everyone can see the team and read the team.

No changes were expected, except for maybe υtolυpiυT nɒitƨiɿʜƆ.

Not sure about all the 'Satts to Souths is the equivalent of Bozo to us' conjecture.

For mine, the closest you'd come from Souths at a Bozo level would be Piggins.
Perhaps more like Clive Churchill.

Or a little more recently, Coote or McCarthy. Especially the former. Although neither of those two was in quite the same league as Fulton.

More like Churchill.

Or a little more recently, Coote or McCarthy. Especially the former.

Gosh they were a top side that Souths bunch in the late 60s early 70s. We had to grab a couple O'Neill, Moses and Brannigan, Easts grabbed Coote and Cleary, Canterbury, McCarthy, Sait to Parramatta. Helped us win our first premiership. Before that though their side was almost star quality throughout. Not to forget Sattler, Piggins, Pittard, Simms, Longbottom (who kicked goals from 60 metres out, I was there at the Cricket Ground when he did it). Top side.

Gee that's the first time I've seen or heard of that. It's always been portrayed as an unprovoked act of thuggery by Bucknell but as you say the footage shows otherwise. The Manly bloke just landed the better shot, so he's forever the villain and Sattler forever the hero. How frightening was the game back in those days!
There’s two sides to every story and one theory is that Willey instructed the team (perhaps Bucknall directly) to take out Sattler. I hadn’t heard the ‘Souths get Jones’ story before, but it sounds entirely plausible in the world of rugba league, 1970-style. I think Willey was still doing that in the 1980s at other clubs, including (ironically) Souths.

One thing is for sure, Sattler himself was no angel on the field. Which he admitted to. More JWH than Jurbo! Saw Sattler at an airport once, quite small in stature. Before that I had thought of him as a much bigger prop, a la John O’Neill.

Certainly his performance that day took some courage and a high pain threshold.

Last edited:
How much do modern players get impacted by greats of the past?

Bozo was different due to the role he played at the club especially in recruitment for jobs last years.

I have doubt the media will make a big deal but not sure the impact on the modern player (they are going to be up for it after a last up loss)

How much do modern players get impacted by greats of the past?

Bozo was different due to the role he played at the club especially in recruitment for jobs last years.

I have doubt the media will make a big deal but not sure the impact on the modern player (they are going to be up for it after a last up loss)
Tommy Raudonikis death didn't help Wests much, as I recall.

I doubt it’ll make much difference , they’ll wear black arm bands but the current crop would have zero affinity with Sattler.

Think it was different with Bozo who was heavily involved with lots of our juniors at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4