Pre-Game Souths V Manly [Round 16, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 0
Accor Stadium
22 Jun 2024 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

47MVEagle

Bencher
I assumed Lawton at 7 was a smokey & he’d be slotting in at 2nd row with Waddell dropping out due to injury & Humphreys coming in at HB, but as some have suggested, perhaps he is there to tighten up defence on Walker’s side!

Interesting times…

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can't believe Sipley's named, let alone plays, with an MCL injury. Waddell on the other hand is probably playing with his injury, just like he did on Sunday. Gotta give him a rap for effort (as opposed to Aloiai who is useless when we need him most).

As for Humphreys, I'd say Seibs is keeping his debut low-key (like others have said). We don't have another recognised goalkicker, so I think he really has to be in the 17.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can't believe Sipley's named, let alone plays, with an MCL injury. Waddell on the other hand is probably playing with his injury, just like he did on Sunday. Gotta give him a rap for effort (as opposed to Aloiai who is useless when we need him most).

As for Humphreys, I'd say Seibs is keeping his debut low-key (like others have said). We don't have another recognised goalkicker, so I think he really has to be in the 17.
Edit: Apparently Schoupp is a goalkicker and Brooks has kicked goals for the Tigers, so maybe it's up to one of them if Humphreys doesn't play.

SeaEagleSI1

Reserve Grader
Saw him play for Fiji against experienced NRL players and didn’t look out of place.

I’m thinking Humphries will be called into the team on Saturday to help him prep for the game and not bring extra pressure on him.

Good luck to all players. 🦅
IMG_7487.png

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MATCH OFFICIALS:

Chris Butler
Referee

Chris Sutton *
Touch Judge

Michael Wise
Touch Judge

Cameron Turner
Standby Touch Judge

Wyatt Raymond
Senior Review Official

* Denotes standby referee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Great Butler - home town Harry who will jump to the whistle every time the toothless mob start booing

skeagle

Reserve Grader
Lawton at halfback is surely just a ploy. Souths have no video of him at halfback whereas Humprheys has a lot of video,so they could prepare for humprheys if he was named there, hopefully lawton moves back to the second row or hooker come Satruday. and debuting at halfback is a big deal so hopefully manly are just keeping him out the spotlight for the week. Surely you cant be putting a secondrow/hooker there when we have a half whos been killing it.

I know currently we aren't looking tot he future with finals very well still in the equation, but having out of position players playing who are also leaving next year is stunting the growth of players like jamie. Rather debut him now, where souths are missing a few and playing with players like lehi, gordie etc who he plays with most week than in a big game potentially a finals game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18