Pre-Game Souths V Manly [Round 16, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 0
Accor Stadium
22 Jun 2024 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
I think Lawton at 7 is just ducks and drakes. The same sort of thing happened before Lehi Hopoate and Jake Simpkin made their debuts.

Lawton surely has to play in the forwards if we are to be any chance, our pack is already stretched way too thin and Lawton is hardly a 7.

Ashton Davis

Reserve Grader
This game is probably a coin toss although I am not inspired by the line up we have. Was hoping we never needed to call Schoupp up as he is a reject from crappy Bulldogs and Titans sides. Would actually prefer Talau in his place in the centres and Paulo on the wing. At least Paulo was one intercept away from being a premiership winger back in 2021

eaglebuzz

Bencher
This game is probably a coin toss although I am not inspired by the line up we have. Was hoping we never needed to call Schoupp up as he is a reject from crappy Bulldogs and Titans sides. Would actually prefer Talau in his place in the centres and Paulo on the wing. At least Paulo was one intercept away from being a premiership winger back in 2021
Paulo had his chances and didn't impress much. Schoupp has been in good form in NSW cup, and surely after Talau and Simpkin we can retire the "reject from X crappy side" narrative.

The Bulldogs were a basket case when he was there, and he might have been homesick or otherwise out of sorts at the Titans.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Paulo had his chances and didn't impress much. Schoupp has been in good form in NSW cup, and surely after Talau and Simpkin we can retire the "reject from X crappy side" narrative.

The Bulldogs were a basket case when he was there, and he might have been homesick or otherwise out of sorts at the Titans.

I actually thought he went ok at the Dogs. Always had a dig.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think I’ll just watch this one on replay , boy oh boy that’s a LOT of changes.

Lawton at half back ??? Surely that’s taking the piss , our forwards are short so why wouldn’t he be playing Jamie H at 7 and Lawton at 14.

Phobia

Reserve Grader
I gather, that since Schoupp has been named this week, Vaega was ahead of Paulo for that Storm game, and given that with Tom's return Talau will likely be depth, Paulo's first grade time here at Manly may have ended. Don't know who would want to take him, though. Three bloody years we signed him for. That's going to prove a problem in the long run that we gave him three, and Talau two, given nearly everyone's contracts expire in 2026. We might not be able to afford keeping Talau with Paulo still on the books.

Pete W

Bencher
I think I’ll just watch this one on replay , boy oh boy that’s a LOT of changes.

Lawton at half back ??? Surely that’s taking the piss , our forwards are short so why wouldn’t he be playing Jamie H at 7 and Lawton at 14.
I think Lawton at 7 could prove to be a brilliant move as this is clearly Seibold's strategy for shutting down Walker defensively.

Everyone can see he is a great defender on the edges, and with Waddell inside of him (and the experienced Schoupp outside of him), our right side may actually be fairly solid defensively. I think it's a great bit of coaching.

Lawton can do very basic ball playing in attack, but he will essentially be the 'running half', while Brooks takes over tactical attack.

Overall our starting 13 doesn't look too bad. But when guys like James and Condon come on, that will be the tough part. Most likely, it is at this point that, without both Jake and Croker, our Blacktown middles may get overrun. That being said, bloody keen to see Navale.

JenEagle

Bencher
I gather, that since Schoupp has been named this week, Vaega was ahead of Paulo for that Storm game, and given that with Tom's return Talau will likely be depth, Paulo's first grade time here at Manly may have ended. Don't know who would want to take him, though. Three bloody years we signed him for. That's going to prove a problem in the long run that we gave him three, and Talau two, given nearly everyone's contracts expire in 2026. We might not be able to afford keeping Talau with Paulo still on the books.
Yeah I was very surprised that we signed him in the first place. Let alone for three years.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lawton at 7 is most likely to contain the big body of Wighton defensively, leaves only Brooks with a kicking game.

Maybe Humphreys on to the bench if the lineup stays that way.

DanielLehi888

Reserve Grader
Our run on side should be able to hold their own. We are relying heavily on our boys coming off the bench. Hopefully they all play strongly and keep us in the contest. We still have some strike weapons in attack. And our forwards need to stay in the arm wrestle. Souths have a couple of their best players out as well. I am thinking that the wealth of experience that Brooks brings into the halves should see us spreading it when required. Ben Turbo also has a great passing game. And Hoppa is very elusive close to the line. We can use him well including his passing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18