Souths game vital

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Captain obvious here but this Fridays game against Souths is season defining

Win it and we follow it up with the Sharks and Titans then Cowboys at home......there is potential for a little run

We are only 2 points outside the 8 with games to come this week.

We are not out of it but must win this week!!!

Whilst I don't think we should get carried away, success does breed success. A win next week could put us on course for a mini run.

Success next week will be the first time this year we have got points in three consecutive weeks..(one being a bye ,but I will take it)
I am definitely starting to death ride the other lower placed teams now.

Yes the Souths game will be seasons defining for sure.

Last night was a big step for confidence, and it nice to see Foran and DCE taking constant shots at the opposition - that was exactly what kept us top of the table 2011-2014.
But still nervous - it was a hard game to gauge where Manly is really at the ball was like a cake of soap so I felt they were conservative last night. There is definitely more ballplay in this side so if we can keep all healthy I can see the beast growing in confidence fast.

I think Manly will beat Souths. Souths are a bit busted and nowhere near the 2014 team, and that will lay the platform for a 2015 run.

Tigers exposed us out wide a couple of times including a try or 2 if I remember.Fix that & we win considering also souths are down in form a bit.

This is a game where we must stand up to the Vermin as they humbled us twice at the back end of last season, If we are to beat them we need a strong show from our pack, it is doable, Souffs are weaker this season but it will take a mighty effort.

Is Reynolds back for them yet? He makes a massive difference to their game (also will Inglis be out due to state of o or is that the following week?)

Souths have been out of form for a while now, hopefully we catch them without Inglis and Reynolds.
If we lose this game I don't think we cant make the 8.

Captain obvious here
Well you said it!

However I don't think the team will be seeing it that way, they will just be trying to build on their form and improve week to week. Remember, these days it's all about the process.

Having said that, we are certainties to beat Souths and when that happens every team above us will start to think, 'Bugger, the sleeping giant is stirring'.

After looking at the tables from the last few seasons, and noting how competitive this season is, I believe we'll need 20 points to avoid the spoon.
Four more wins is certainly not out of the question, if we can get 2 wins from our next 3 then I'll be confident of avoiding the wooden spoon.
If we beat souths, then the sharks, then the titans, I may start to believe we can make the top 8!

Souths have been out of form for a while now, hopefully we catch them without Inglis and Reynolds.
Inglis will be there but, on the bright side, at least we'll be playing a team where the fullback is easy to beat!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4