SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jake to prop for me unless Des can change the way we are using Jake.

Tonight showed me just hearing in the press conference teddy speak about how jake was doing a lot of the talking in the sheds at half time.

At some stage he needs to become our captain.

Jake to prop for me unless Des can change the way we are using Jake.

Tonight showed me just hearing in the press conference teddy speak about how jake was doing a lot of the talking in the sheds at half time.

At some stage he needs to become our captain.
Well, the two games he was captain for us, we flogged the opposition. DCE comes back, and our game management ****s us up and costs us the very next game.

TBH I thought that tonight's NSW team is more like what I thought their Game 1 team should have looked like and I was honestly surprised when Wighton and Staggs were named as the centres. I thought Fittler would have gone like tonight, with Burton and Crichton going back to last years Panthers premiership combo (and wasn't it on show tonight.....almost like Burton was still at Penrith).

Billy Slater and his brains trust will have to have a re-think after tonight.
Watching To’o and Burton at full time doing the handshake thingo they do…I’m sure Burton said, can you talk to Ivan, I want to come back. @:p

Well, the two games he was captain for us, we flogged the opposition. DCE comes back, and our game management ****s us up and costs us the very next game.
No surprise Dce like our very own virus at this club he fooling no one any more
Average footballer made to look good in elite teams of 07-14

jake.jpg

6. Foz
7. DCE
13. Schuster

8. Jake

While I do agree and have been advocating for that, the question posed to me tonight was ... who plays lock in 2023 when Foz is gone and Schuster is the 5/8?? Does that mean a move back there for Jake? Or does someone else fill the role??

Just thinking out loud here, if we happen to have Fainu back, maybe Froggy to lock?

Either way though, lets face it ... Des will not move Jake from lock unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
While I do agree and have been advocating for that, the question posed to me tonight was ... who plays lock in 2023 when Foz is gone and Schuster is the 5/8?? Does that mean a move back there for Jake? Or does someone else fill the role??

Just thinking out loud here, if we happen to have Fainu back, maybe Froggy to lock?

Either way though, lets face it ... Des will not move Jake from lock unless absolutely necessary.
When he is available I would go with Lawton and see if you can 80 out of him or close to it,at the moment it would probably be Davey.(It would require some changes to the interchange usage and we are so heavy at prop I have doubts Des would go for it)
I was sceptical about Jake at prop and his go forward,but I have been converted,his natural strength maintains his position early on and when the defense tires he starts to push through and gain more metres after contact.
Next year for mine....
Aloiai
Croker
Jake
Olakau'atu
Tuilagi
Lawton
-----------
Fainu(hopefully)
Ben T
Paseka
Bullemor
It would require spelling Tuilagi and Croker around the 50min with Ben T and Fainu and subbing in Bullemor for Jake for a short stint just before and after half time and maybe subbing Bullemor or Croker back in late for Lawton.
You would have Roumanos and Zac Fulton as back ups to Lawton to do the role if unavailable.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4