SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Congrats Jake.....tackled himself to a standstill. And the look on his face at fulltime is just priceless.

I loved fatty vautins comment when they interviewed tedesco...'what was different'.

Fatty ' Jake trbojevic'
Jake is a similar style of player to the Fatster.

Tackles everything that moves and a very good attacking player to boot. Plus he’s a Manly player.

No wonder Fatty likes him.

TBH I thought that tonight's NSW team is more like what I thought their Game 1 team should have looked like and I was honestly surprised when Wighton and Staggs were named as the centres. I thought Fittler would have gone like tonight, with Burton and Crichton going back to last years Panthers premiership combo (and wasn't it on show tonight.....almost like Burton was still at Penrith).

Billy Slater and his brains trust will have to have a re-think after tonight.

I was incorrect on the try scorers in my multi but the game went exactly as predicted, NSW set a pace that QLD couldn't keep up with. QLD were valiantly hanging on for 60 min but they eventually succumbed to the tempo.

Kafusi may only feel hard done by becasue it was actually Arrow holding the player down. But wat do they expect when they are offside for a dozen tackles in a row and holding on in the ruck for an exra 2-3 secs after held call every time.

I remember hearing Cherry complaining to Klein that it was a different infringement every time. But I also remember thinking that it doesn't matter, its the sum of them all and they were all done in pretty quick time. I also thought Arrow should have gone, but Kaufusi was enough. The bin was warranted as it was too many infringements in quick time. It didn't matter that one was for offside, another not square at marker and another for holding down.

Jake was the best forward on the field tonight. Surely after watching him make over 140 metres as a starting prop Des can finally realise that he hasn’t been using him properly over the last few years. Start him up front for us, let him do less ball playing and people will remember why he is one of the premier forwards in the game. Then let Schuie roam around as lock for the rest of the year and we might start looking like a more balanced and competitive side.

Jake was the best forward on the field tonight. Surely after watching him make over 140 metres as a starting prop Des can finally realise that he hasn’t been using him properly over the last few years. Start him up front for us, let him do less ball playing and people will remember why he is one of the premier forwards in the game. Then let Schuie roam around as lock for the rest of the year and we might start looking like a more balanced and competitive side.

Yes, Blind Freddy unlocked Jake tonight. Jake's best performance for us was 120 metres, then there's a severe drop off. Also bear in mind Jake was playing against the best players in the league tonight.

Once AGAIN, this brings into question Des Haslers playing structures and game systems.

I'm not sure how people aren't starting to see the flaws here.

Our dated football style that doesn't give us abilities to beat top 4 teams (now top 8), should be ringing alarm bells. We need to watch this Thursday how top teams can so easily man-handle us.

Interesting people bagging the ref,he piggybacked Qld from off their line twice in the first half and Crichton's forward pass to Paulo was the same as Pongas to Kaufusi?
I agree. But I’m stuck here with one very pissed off qld supporting daughter. Apparently I’m to shut my trap, and get out of her sight. I’m here for my own safety!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4