SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
The sad thing about tonight is that DCE has reached his peak for the season. He will end the year happy with that origin series win regardless of what Manly do. For once, I would like to see him put his balls on the line and demand a showing from this Manly team leading to finals. Are we not worthy of the same passion? Can DCE only find it for SOO?

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The sad thing about tonight is that DCE has reached his peak for the season. He will end the year happy with that origin series win regardless of what Manly do. For once, I would like to see him put his balls on the line and demand a showing from this Manly team leading to finals. Are we not worthy of the same passion? Can DCE only find it for SOO?
It's like this is his GF every year.

They way he fired up to ref tonight I want to see that passion for manly no this Mr nice guy educated number 7 we get each week.

That was one of his best games tonight in a long long time.

He owned the Panthers play makers tonight.

Panthers are a pretty dominant club team (without injuries), however they will never dominate a state rep team. Poor selection choices by NSWRL (plus coaching team) throughout this series led to that beyond diabolical effort this evening. Add the traditional media influential selections and you get yet another sub par Blues team. QLD absolutely hammered the Blues across every blade of grass tonight.
Jake was good, so was Tedesco - those two should retain their spots for 23. Simply no one else.
Oh, actually DCE will be there too - ripper performance tonight by our Manly captain, let’s hope we do this again on Oct 2nd this year!

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
It's like this is his GF every year.

They way he fired up to ref tonight I want to see that passion for manly no this Mr nice guy educated number 7 we get each week.

That was one of his best games tonight in a long long time.

He owned the Panthers play makers tonight.
Agreed. And I’m sure every Manly fan on here wants the same thing. Lift us, captain. Inspire us. Drag us over the line. Pleeeeaaasssseeee!

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
One thing that QLD did very well again tonight, like in game 1 was kick pressure. I don't know why Manly and actually a lot of teams at club level don't attack the kicker with pressure.

It really limited Cleary's kicking game and cut down his options

Did you miss Sims v Reynolds last weekend?

Refs love a kick pressure penalty .....just like teams are unable to defend the opposition 20m line without a penalty.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Your having a laugh now.. Qld forwards layed the platform..simple
NSW forwards did well in the first 30 and it reflected second half all Qld and it all starts with the forwards
Respect how you see it. I didn’t see it that way at all. I thought it was close regarding forwards battle. I think NSW lost their cool and played dumb

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Quite possibly one of the Blues' problems was Munster getting Covid changed their mindset into a false sense of security, i.e. complacency, and together with Fittler's inept team selections, was a recipe for the loss.

Fittler should've warned them about complacency, but the problem was he suffered it himself! Jake and JAC shouldn't have been dropped and Wighton should've played in game 3 instead of Talakai.

Good on Slater and Qld for overcoming adversity and excelling against the odds.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
It’s really cool you did it for some state bull**** you play for. How about doing it for the northern beaches and more importantly, those of us that have grown up in the manly tradition?

I live in Hong Kong now and continue to watch from another hemisphere. I remember going to leichart oval, kogarah, Brookie, and even the SCG as a pre-teen to watch my hero’s. I watched Larry Corawa torch us at Leichart after spending an hour or so trying to find a parking spot with my old man in pouring rain. I watched Gartner torch the Eels in a final at the SCG. I wanna feel special. I wanna feel connection.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Quite possibly one of the Blues' problems was Munster getting Covid changed their mindset into a false sense of security, i.e. complacency, and together with Fittler's inept team selections, was a recipe for the loss.

Fittler should've warned them about complacency, but the problem was he suffered it himself! Jake and JAC shouldn't have been dropped and Wighton should've played in game 3 instead of Talakai.

Good on Slater and Qld for overcoming adversity and excelling against the odds.
True true true on all levels. Yet, we don’t get paid the ridiculous dollars Fiddler does to run this team. I don’t want the pressure, but please find me a NSW coach willing to make this happen.

Yeah, definitely a weird one.
Gagai starts it by going after Burton,
Burton retaliates ( but not very well )
Tino takes over.

I would've thought Gagai sent with Burton and Tino in the bin.

Btw - did we ever see a replay if DCE did "score"?
It all became secondary afterwards.
Agree about Burton’s ordinary retaliation.
Gagai could’ve rolled a smoke waiting for those haymakers to get to him. ;)

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Agree about Burton’s ordinary retaliation.
Gagai could’ve rolled a smoke waiting for those haymakers to get to him. ;)
Burton’s piss poor retaliation was a huge disappointment. Really? Your hated enemy is challenging you physically and psychologically and that’s the best you can do? Piss farkin poo. That was the whole QLD strategy right there. Challenge the weakest link in Burton and see how it rolls. We farrrrkin capsized from that challenge… and from much earlier than that blow up

Rafferty

Mug punter
All things aside Qld were just the better side, they wanted it more and they gave everything, we’ll done.
No Munster
No Cotter
No Kaufsi
No Coates
No Taulagi
They lose Collins
They lose Cobo
Play 75 mins with 15 men
Slatters game plan, coaching staff, loyalty, player management and the all round passion and desire outstanding, congratulations Qld.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
All things aside Qld were just the better side, they wanted it more and they gave everything, we’ll done.
No Munster
No Cotter
No Kaufsi
No Coates
No Taulagi
They lose Collins
They lose Cobo
Play 75 mins with 15 men
Slatters game plan, coaching staff, loyalty, player management and the all round passion and desire outstanding, congratulations Qld.
Absolutely agree. I think Fiddler got a bit caught up in his ego.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Burton’s piss poor retaliation was a huge disappointment. Really? Your hated enemy is challenging you physically and psychologically and that’s the best you can do? Piss farkin poo. That was the whole QLD strategy right there. Challenge the weakest link in Burton and see how it rolls. We farrrrkin capsized from that challenge… and from much earlier than that blow up
Tbh, Burto seems like a nice guy. And it showed. I don’t think he was actually aware that he was in a punch on until it was too late. Some blokes are just nice guys. Unlike the two feral dogs that got stuck into him. 1 on 1= Ok. But I fuucking HATE when someone jumps in and proceeds to pull a dog act by holding the player back so the other dog can get in some cheap shots. I’m more disappointed that someone didn’t go after Tino as a square up. :punch:
81479471-5829-438A-B0A6-B87A9680010D.png
145836DE-DE3E-406A-A03B-875B65B20636.png

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18