SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You saw tonight the way to beat the Riff, early kicking and chasing. Their guys are used to have all the field position. Under pressure tonight in their own half so many errors from their key players.
I couldn’t believe the unforced errors they made. You‘re right. The blueprint on how to beat the Panthers was on show.

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
Actually, Manly need that game manager. Any chance he may turn up for us week in week out?
Tell the Manly forwards to roll up their sleeve like the Qlders did and DCE is then also able to play on the front foot.. with forwards doing their job DCE is in the top 2 or 3 halves in the game.. he has a great long and short kicking game, good hands and puts his body into defence.. and for all those numpties bagging his game management or clutch moments you either have short memories or no brains, DCE has won more matches than he's lost for us and if the forwards do their job he excells...

StuBoot

Bencher
The turning point was Tupou giving up the ball just before half time. NSW after that were on the backfoot for the rest of the game.

NSW again crumbled into self destruction with some catastrophic errors in their own half with the ball and it was a matter of time after that.

The better team won clearly. Probably DCEs finest match for Queensland and NSW could not live with Ponga all night, he was lethal and we better watch him on Saturday or we face a similar problem
Another failure when it mattered for NSW up there. I think overall without Tommy and Latrell it limited the team tonight.

Glad its over
Agree.
None of our back five looked threatening, Teddy tried hard but no one else took up the slack.
Plenty went missing tonight when it mattered.
Qld (especially Tino) went after Burton tonight, was unsighted after the Double sin bin but looked the most likely prior to that.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Qld deserved the win, Ponga was fantastic, DCE was tremendous and it was a pretty amazing game from both sides. Qld started the 2nd half fast and sharp (and started a fight) and never looked back.
As for Fittler - I can only hope the Dogs have signed him as coach.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Tell the Manly forwards to roll up their sleeve like the Qlders did a d DCE is then also able to play on the front foot.. with forwards doing their job DCE is in the top 2 or 3 halves in the game.. he has a great long and short kicking game, good hands and puts his body into defence.. and for all those numpties bagging his game management or clutch moments you either have short memories or no brains, DCE has won more matches than he's lost for us and if the forwards do their job he excells.
I saw it differently. I didn’t see a dominant forward pack either way. Perhaps NSW were on top for long periods in the first half, but even in the second, it certainly wasn’t a dominant QLD pack. It was more dumb NSW decisions giving away field position and possession.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And one last thing

That's why I love the game of rugby league that was back to a classic 80's 90's game.

Even though the blues lost that was one of the more enjoyable games I have watched in a very long time.

You always knew QLD was going to be a different beast up at Suncorp, they just wanted it more than NSW.

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
I saw it differently. I didn’t see a dominant forward pack either way. Perhaps NSW were on top for long periods in the first half, but even in the second, it certainly wasn’t a dominant QLD pack. It was more dumb NSW decisions giving away field position and possession.
Your having a laugh now.. Qld forwards layed the platform..simple
NSW forwards did well in the first 30 and it reflected second half all Qld and it all starts with the forwards

Eagle 1

First Grader
Qld deserved the win, Ponga was fantastic, DCE was tremendous and it was a pretty amazing game from both sides. Qld started the 2nd half fast and sharp (and started a fight) and never looked back.
As for Fittler - I can only hope the Dogs have signed him as coach.
How Wally didn't give Ponga the medal is beyond a joke, even Carrigan looked embarrassed and had to be shoved onto stage, and said Ponga or Teddy should of got it...baffling !!

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How Wally didn't give Ponga the medal is beyond a joke, even Carrigan looked embarrassed and had to be shoved onto stage, and said Ponga or Teddy should of got it...baffling !!
Wally Lewis medal is for player of the series. Ponga had a blinder tonight and got MOM, but you wouldn't say he did a lot in games 1 and 2. I thought Carrigan was solid in all 3 games and made an impact, maybe if Munster plays tonight he gets it. Teddy was probably NSW best all series

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Yep. And literally battered him. I’m still fuucking throthing about that fkn cat Tinos third man in headlock…..he should've been binned first.
Just another example of NSW being out-coached by QLD. It was like NSW never imagined QLD would do that after the last game. How ridiculously unprofessional and unprepared.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18