• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brookie said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Brookie said:
lets get one thing straight, i support Qld, but i am not a queenslander and am the first to admit they are a bit different.

but gee can they play footy and seem to select the best guys for the job each year, not just the selectors favourites as NSW seem to do every year (and keep failing)~!

If you aren't a Queenslander what right do you have to comment on Origin ;)

cause i'm an aussie, not a lamb jammer!
chr bro

Jatz Crackers said:
Brookie said:
lets get one thing straight, i support Qld, but i am not a queenslander

Victard alert !!

wrong again!

But you don't live in the state ...

Brookie said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Brookie said:
lets get one thing straight, i support Qld, but i am not a queenslander and am the first to admit they are a bit different.

but gee can they play footy and seem to select the best guys for the job each year, not just the selectors favourites as NSW seem to do every year (and keep failing)~!

If you aren't a Queenslander what right do you have to comment on Origin ;)

cause i'm an aussie, not a lamb jammer!
chr bro

That's Queenslander logic at play right there.

Yeah, I can't argue. I used to use 40 nil as a retort all the time. To the victors go the spoils and the ability to gloat.

Duff said:
Brookie said:
7 in a row!

Read my post re newcastle before you gloat.
You look like a fool, an embarrassment to all who actually live in Brookie.

i'm embarrassed for you now that you think my user name has anything to do with Brookvale oval!

i'd stop butting in to the grown ups conversations if i were you!

Brookie said:
i'm embarrassed for you now that you think my user name has anything to do with Brookvale oval!

Yes, its quite obvious to everyone here who support Manly on this footy site that Brookie must mean something entirely different to the sports ground we all call Brookie.

Brookie said:
i'd stop butting in to the grown ups conversations if i were you!

Says the grown up with "gangsta" as one of his identifiers.

Brookie said:
lol, wish i had tough guy back up on the forum, where my peeps at...hahaha

AGIAN... 7 IN A ROW!

As long as you admit that Newcastle won in 97 fair and square, you can claim 7 in a row.

And how silly of me. Of course the guy on the Manly forum called Brookie isn't referencing our ground.
You would't want Qld supporters to look like hypocrites now, would you.

You'll find it amazing how easy it is to find back up if you post clearly & logically.

Just read that Inglis ran 220 odd metres in Origin! That's an amazing number. This would surely worry Slater! Inglis has to be one of the most athletic players in history. Pity he's at Souffs!

Darren I agree Inglis is an amazing athlete (well, everyone must agree with that!) but I liken our decision to set T-Rex free to Bellamy's choice of Smith Cronk & Slater over Inglis. Both are unique athletes capable of turning a match on its head - but neither are as crucial as their team's 'spine'. If T-Rex only dominates as infrequently as Inglis has, then we have made the right choice.

Darren said:
Just read that Inglis ran 220 odd metres in Origin! That's an amazing number. This would surely worry Slater! Inglis has to be one of the most athletic players in history. Pity he's at Souffs!

Not sure if it was game one or two, might have been both but Slater ran for over 200m in at least one them. The difference is you can bash Slater and dominant him meaning your defensive line an get set and ready to hit, that's what happened in games 1 & 2. We couldn't do that to GI and as a result QLD got out of their own end a lot easier. Had a huge impact on the game IMO.

Q

Darren said:

Seriously. Qld cheated just like newcastle in 97. Who cares what they did right. It's what they did wrong that strips them of any praise they may get.

He seems too big and rangy to get a big hit on. He never seems to get driven back much. However, we did kick straight at him and never bombed him much. Making him chase and get pounded (like Snake) under the bomb may have taken away his effectiveness.
Definitely the guys at the back have to be big gainers in metres returning kicks. Morris can really wind up. Cronk, Smith etc have such long kicking games that keeping them in their own half is the only hope.

Duff said:
Darren said:

Seriously. Qld cheated just like newcastle in 97. Who cares what they did right. It's what they did wrong that strips them of any praise they may get.

You are a freak, and I am worried about your mental state. You should get yourself checked out.

COMMANDER said:
Duff said:
Darren said:

You are a freak, and I am worried about your mental state. You should get yourself checked out.

Haha, coming from a neanderthal.

If you can't see the correlation between two teams that cheated, you are slower than i thought.
It should give you a bit of perspective.
Do you remember how we felt in 97 when it all came out about Newcastle?
Please try to understand that this is how NSW feel about what you lot did to origin. Luckily it's not as important as the GF but cheating is cheating, regardless of the arena.

Like most I can't see the link between a steroid driven Premiership team from 1996 and a Queensland team that has won seven straight series.

How did Qld manage to cheat their way to all of these titles?

Sounds like sore loser talk to me.

COMMANDER said:
Like most I can't see the link between a steroid driven Premiership team from 1996 and a Queensland team that has won seven straight series.

How did Qld manage to cheat their way to all of these titles?

Sounds like sore loser talk to me.

How you ask?

Forward passes. Shepherds. Inequality of what is deemed as holding down. Referees selecting what they do and don't see rather than just officiating on what actually happens. Sin bins for one team, going unnoticed for the other.

This is but a small selection but it should illustrate how qld cheated their way to 7 straight, not 7.

There were some series in there where you just outplayed us but there were ones like the last two where you had everything go your way.

As a Manly fan, i don't need to add things to the list of what i'm cheated out of. Supporting the Sea Eagles is enough of a task in feeling sorry for yourself.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8