Something positive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sue

Bencher
My brother is mates with and was chatting to Lawrence Lancini ( well respected Chairman of Cowboys) and he said Cartwright was a huge part of their win in 2015.Was just as instrumental as Green.They were sad to see him go. Said he was nothing like Barrett in terms of approach or personality.

Really rated him and has no doubt with our roster we will be a force.

Probably clutching at straws ....

I came on here this morning and I’m so down on anything NRL or anything Manly they I was going to start a threat saying “can anybody please post something positive?”... thanks for saving me the time! I think clutching at straws is all we have...

Yes, we have a team of young blokes, let's hope Manly bring in a good defensive coach, and Hoss is a star re-born!

I'll run with any positives at the moment.

Last edited:
I’m not a huge Cartwright fan but he did take the titans to top 4 in back to back years in 09-10. That roster was pretty average and historically the titans have always spent under the cap cause they just don’t have money.

It could be worse. At least with him I always felt like he was a disciplined coach

Anything positive is welcome news. What is going on right now is really depressing.

Cartwright is not my preferred coach and he and the team have much to prove !!

I don’t want Cartwright but I’m prepared to give him a go. He’s first few seasons at the titans were strong. Gf qualifier in 2010. In a good effort for an expansion club.

I would prefer Des, tooves or Madge.
Let’s see if we can get him some good support staff. Let’s be honest anyone is better than T spaz.

They should cut Marty loose and use that money to buy Maloney. Him and DCE is top 4 material

Can’t remember a year where there’s been more negative stuff in the media.

It’s almost like every day now ( including the latest one on the mad Monday theme).

And it’s set to continue and probably won’t be interrupted until the 23 DEC-02 JAN break.
I am with you Mark. I have never experienced anything like this year ever as a Manly supporter, hopefully things will turn around for the better soon, Hopefully, but I wont be holding my breath thats for sure

the way I look at this is Cartwrong had a hand in the Dud's downfall , Hopefully he got sick of the way the dud was running the place and decided to cut his grass, now he's gone (after sunday) Carty will have no excuses , so I'll wait until round 4 next year before I rant..

I don’t want Cartwright but I’m prepared to give him a go. He’s first few seasons at the titans were strong. Gf qualifier in 2010. In a good effort for an expansion club.

I would prefer Des, tooves or Madge.
Let’s see if we can get him some good support staff. Let’s be honest anyone is better than T spaz.

They should cut Marty loose and use that money to buy Maloney. Him and DCE is top 4 material
In the same camp, prepared to give a go. I actually don't blame him for our Defensive issues, you can teach people how to tackle but when sooky lala comes along and says "this i how I want the D structure to work", all the tackling practice in the world is not going to help.

At least Cartwright has twice been a premiership winning assistant coach which is a great help for our young team. He wouldn’t like the way things were going just like we did and I feel once he gets to take over we will see a big change. It will be HIS team.

Well i give him a go can't be any worse than barrett his coaching mirrored his career total softcock.
Positive i see boom juniors ben turbo and josh schuster not far off seniors next year.
Tapau yeah cut him lose he on silly money for being a prop. We can get another blue chip player on that money.

the way I look at this is Cartwrong had a hand in the Dud's downfall , Hopefully he got sick of the way the dud was running the place and decided to cut his grass, now he's gone (after sunday) Carty will have no excuses , so I'll wait until round 4 next year before I rant..

Agree he has to have at least 4 games , even if we get trashed in round 1.

I said I think it's fair we give him a go and got absolutely roasted. Now he gets to have a chance. I like Cartwright and think he will do well, the players wanted him so it's their fault if the club doesn't perform in my opinion.
Same here mate. If he is the coach then he deserves a fair go. Not to be shot down by the armchair coaches around here that base what he’s going to be like here on what he did at the titans (which I think was respectable considering what a sh!t nothing club they are)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8