someone needs to speak to Brett Stewart a smh exclusive.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nothing will happen though. It'll be as lame as zorba's slagging bones off...just to then leave a 45sec message on bones, phone and not in any way publicly acknowledge he did anything wrong.

Journo's are like that.

Just watched the Monday fox footy show and Beaver was dancing on his Schoolies trip.

Guess what, he danced exactly like Snake copied in the try celebration.

Snake, Sue those pricks @ SMH

and that was filmed a while before the game against penrith.

Peter Fitzsimons article was way over the top and you'de have to think Brett has cause for defamation. Under most circumstances you'de pass a lot of what the media says off as stupidity, but this latest attack reeked of some sort of personal vendetta.

Fitzsimons is an agenda-driven ****wit of the highest order. Any time he can have a crack at a rugby league player, he will. And if it generates clicks on the Fairfax website, so much the better.
But, like all "journalists" (and you really have to use the term loosely these days), he's fundamentally lazy. The chicken dance "controversy" would have been brought to his attention by one of his research assistants, who either stumbled upon or most likely was sent a link to the drivel by Marc Aden Gray. Fitzsimons says in his column that he didn't see the "incident" and was completely unaware of it, and he also makes reference to the "writer" (and again, apparently any dip**** who posts something on the internet is now entitled to be known as a writer), Marc Aden Gray.
So, Bandana Boy is alerted to a possible story that ticks all the right boxes to lead his weekly column, he rehashes Gray's ill-considered opinion, throws in a few snide references to Brett's "troubled past", sprinkles it with his usual sanctimonious bull**** and, presto! Column's done and he can go back to supervising his researchers in their search for dinkum historical tales he can repackage for his next book.

Last edited:
Revealed: Brett Stewart’s celebration was tribute to Menzies
  • MANLY DAILY
  • MAY 26, 2015 2:59PM
SEA Eagles legend Steve Menzies wants to set the record straight- Brett Stewart’s celebration after scoring his record breaking try at Brookvale Oval was a tribute to him.

And “Beaver” said the controversy surrounding the incident had got right out of hand.

Stewart’s milestone in scoring his 152nd try for Manly against Penrith, which surpassed Menzies’ previous record, was soured by ill-informed and defamatory comments about his post-try dance.

“They don’t know what is going on,” Menzies said.

story-fngr8iii-1227369983695

Menzies said Stewart was imitating the way the way that he dances, where he stands in one spot and moves his arms as if he is throwing grain.

“I’m not a dancer at all but it is the only dance I can do,” Menzies admitted.

The Matty Johns Show on Monday night on Fox Sports aired film of Menzies dancing in that style which was recorded three weeks ago and before the Penrith game.

“I was sitting in the stands and said ‘was he trying to do the dance’, and I was laughing,” Menzies said.

In the sheds after the game Stewart asked Menzies if he had seen him doing the dance.

But as a result Stewart found himself a target for keyboard warriors.

“For me it is a bit unbelievable because I know what he was doing,” Menzies said.

“Surely they could ask Brett what was going on.

“It’s sad because it was a tribute to me and a nice gesture.

“And it’s something we had never spoken about.

“I don’t like to see things written about a mate that aren’t true.”

I can't believe that this was in anyway newsworthy to begin with. He's on twitter @Peter_Fitz and has been copping a hammering if anyone wants to add to it.

I just sent him a link to the beaver post...I expect nothing back at all

I was thinking he might do that so i held back from being abusive. Like i said there is little or no chance he will actually respond to me

Trust me, you can be very reasoned in your argument. He just can't abide someone having a viewpoint that doesn't align with his.

I understand he and Hockey are good friends. Stands to reason really. They are both lightweight intellects, trapped in heavyweight bodies.

Last edited:
Fitzsimmons revealed himself as an ignorant oaf when he jumped to false conclusions about the rape allegations, and IMO defamed Brett Stewart.

Having done it once it was no surprise to see him repeat. His actions are beyond irresponsible.

If he had one ounce of integrity, he would publicly apologise to Brett Stewart on both counts. And would take further actions to undo at least some of the damage he has created.

SMH generally does not approach News Ltd rags for disreputable and ill-informed journalism. But their continued support of Fitzsimmons' antics drags them into that realm.

Trust me, you can be very reasoned in your argument. He just can't abide someone having a viewpoint that doesn't abide with his.

I understand he and Hockey are good friends. Stands to reason really. They are both lightweight intellects, trapped in heavyweight bodies.
That surprises me as Fitzsimmons is very pro Labor Party.

Read some of the online comments associated with the article. The Telegraph should take them down. And Stewart should be very circumspect about how he celebrates any upcoming career milestones - as this incident again proves that there are deadsh-ts out there, ready to trawl up the past and (once again) soil his reputation.

Read some of the online comments associated with the article. The Telegraph should take them down. And Stewart should be very circumspect about how he celebrates any upcoming career milestones - as this incident again proves that there are deadsh-ts out there, ready to trawl up the past and (once again) soil his reputation.

Doesn't that come back to the editor or whatever name they give the tard that lets some of this slanderous crap go, and hide behind "everyone's entitled to their opinion"...not when it 're-enforces the gutter crap lies dished up by Fitzsimmons.

Couldn't agree more. Especially as that paper had to apologise and/or pay damages to Stewart.

Pretty dumb strategy on their part.

Agreed, Brett should practice some simply delightful post try celebrations, such as sipping tea from an imaginary cup and saucer, or pretending to help an elderly lady across the street.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6