Some perspective

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think there's a lot more going on than the Hastings saga. Seems to me that due to salary cap restrictions TB may be getting directives to cull the team. There is no other explanation as to why he is so persistent with Hastings playing in reggies.. I heard some gossip today from someone who is apparently close to the board that Hastings is an absolute "cun*t" and they are all crocodile tears.. I argued that even if he was a "cun*t" he sure performs better than the Croker and for the sake of the team they should be professional.

The crazy thing is we have the playing personnel to play OK. Just very poor mistakes, ill discipline and not focusing on completions is what's killing us + injuries..

TB needs to put his pride on the side and make tough calls and choose the next side on merit. Focus on simple footie and stop reacting to the media..

Hilarious conspiracy theory.
But go with it, the team playing poorly needs a good conspiracy to explain it.
No you misread my post. I'm not excusing the team for playing poorly. I'm questioning why TB is so persistent with keeping Hastings from playing fg. He dropped / got rid of Lussick. So it's as if he's doing a little cleaning up. Even so I'll admit it's a pretty good conspiracy theory.

Sorry Mark - I support the insensitive of your point 100% but reckon these players are not on the same level.
Never been more disappointed as this Eels team who looked liked world beaters were average at best and were there to be belted by 20 odd points by half time....they had nothing and if we were playing Stg Illawarra would have been down by 30 at half time.
The attitude is poor and when times get tough they roll over....will support them till I’m gone but it’s time to call this sh** out mate....

This.

Our "poor roster" does not account for performances like these last few weeks. That is the reflection of a team in a very poor head space. The history of sports is full of examples of teams, with what was considered less fancied individuals, pulling together to exceed expectations (synergy). While losing is not fun, the angst is far more to do with the way we are playing (regardless of cattle).
I read this post and all I could think was what this team could be if they had half the heart of our famous 1978 team.

I told myself I wasn’t going to come on here for a few days but couldn’t resist a look and thought I’d post this.

Firstly the perspective!

Did anyone, yes anyone expect any different result today after the week we’ve just had??

The Eels 0 and 6 and with a point to prove and they did just that BUT they were just as shaky as us for the first 20 minutes and were lucky we didn’t score first and then roll on.

The refs wanting to “ send those nasty boys a lesson”, and at 7-0 after about 10 minutes they did that in spades!

The players not even close to being in the right headspace, and that’s before they even set foot on the field!

A long record of having not won at ANZ for years!!

I can’t say much about the second half as I turned off at 20-0 but you could see it wasn’t going to be pretty.

I was that sure of the result I picked Parramatta in my tipping ( sorry but have to get points anyway I can), I didn’t think there was anyway we’d win ( consequently I’m not as dissapointed as most of you).

The future perspective.

The sky hasn’t fallen in just yet and we are at home to a “ Pearceless” Knights on Friday at Brookie.

I’m sure there will be a lot of soul searching during the coming week, so rather than slit your wrists , strap yourselves in, get behind our side and let’s hope they get their **** together!!

Bagging DCE, Marty and the “ Sack Barrett” brigade are getting tiresome.

How about , “ look we are going like **** but how about we stick together as fans and do our best to support the team”.

So, anyone want to join me in the “ team positive” team??

Anyone?????????

Mark, I normally agree with you, but even this sausage roll eating nuffy can see the club is on a downward spiral & not just the playing roster. It’s been a slow painful fall from elite level to total mismanagement in every department.
I listened too Zorba this morning saying how good a player Hastings was & he hopes he finds another club soon as he is way too good for Reggie’s.
Why did Barrett drive a wedge and split the playing group, when he could have singled both players out, dropped them & told them both too prove themselves through Reggie’s. I would pay money to watch Hastings @ 6 & DCE @ 7 for Blacktown. Now he could have gone to the press as a strong mentor & I for one would not have batted an eyelid @ 44-10. I would have defended him to the last. But not now.
I told myself I wasn’t going to come on here for a few days but couldn’t resist a look and thought I’d post this.

Firstly the perspective!

Did anyone, yes anyone expect any different result today after the week we’ve just had??

The Eels 0 and 6 and with a point to prove and they did just that BUT they were just as shaky as us for the first 20 minutes and were lucky we didn’t score first and then roll on.

The refs wanting to “ send those nasty boys a lesson”, and at 7-0 after about 10 minutes they did that in spades!

The players not even close to being in the right headspace, and that’s before they even set foot on the field!

I can’t say much about the second half as I turned off at 20-0 but you could see it wasn’t going to be pretty.

I was that sure of the result I picked Parramatta in my tipping ( sorry but have to get points anyway I can), I didn’t think there was anyway we’d win ( consequently I’m not as dissapointed as most of you).

The future perspective.

The sky hasn’t fallen in just yet and we are at home to a “ Pearceless” Knights on Friday at Brookie.

I’m sure there will be a lot of soul searching during the coming week, so rather than slit your wrists , strap yourselves in, get behind our side and let’s hope they get their **** together!!

How about , “ look we are going like **** but how about we stick together as fans and do our best to support the team”.

Anyone?????????

I don't see our roster being worse than the tigers or knights.
Tony Williams and David Gower were in the team that outplayed us today (not to mention Gutho - but we knew he was great). Chee Kam was in the Tigers team that thrashed us. It's coaching and team harmony/cohesion.

Tony Williams and David Gower were in the team that outplayed us today (not to mention Gutho - but we knew he was great). Chee Kam was in the Tigers team that thrashed us. It's coaching and team harmony/cohesion.
Scary part is these are part time players....with the exception of Gutho....
When these standard players are sticking it to ya....it’s all about poor attitude..,not who you really are.

Mark ,congrats at staying positive.Although am a little confused as most of your posts are leaning to the negative.

Always do Mark, but after being at last week's dismal performance, I then make the effort to get to Homebush today, only to see that **** dished up. Is it any wonder Barrett, DCE, etc are being bagged! Imo they're responsible!

There's no question the fans will stick together and will I be there again next week supporting them? Of course, but they sure don't make it easy.

I was at the game also been a member at ANZ since 2014 not seen us win yet as a member 7 straight defeats

I am like you yesterday was very hard to watch live but I have the attitude of you will never know when your time is up in this life and if this will be your last chance to watch manly go around you never know, so if I can I will go and watch the boys play if I can.

Yes no sugar coating things we are in a real hole as a club and are in for some more pain this year. I really think 2021-2022 we will be back up the top of the pile. I know for a fact that these tough times now will make our next great winning era which I think is not too far away even more sweeter.

Firstly the perspective!

The future perspective.

Anyone?????????

It’s Monday we have all had our say, time to look for solutions and get out of this mess, I am no Barrett fan but we are stuck with him regardless. Newcastle is just the match we need to kick start our campaign again we really need to demolish them and bring harmony back. Barrett I hope has time to pull this team together or fall on his sword. Tough times tough decisions, take the team away for three days and team build, ffs do something what you are doing now is not working. Bring former players back into the fold and start rebuilding the MANLY WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE.

It’s Monday we have all had our say, time to look for solutions and get out of this mess, I am no Barrett fan but we are stuck with him regardless. Newcastle is just the match we need to kick start our campaign again we really need to demolish them and bring harmony back. Barrett I hope has time to pull this team together or fall on his sword. Tough times tough decisions, take the team away for three days and team build, ffs do something what you are doing now is not working. Bring former players back into the fold and start rebuilding the MANLY WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE.

Great post
Agree with everything you said
This is not the manly club I have loved and grown up with, time to slowly change things.

I am like you yesterday was very hard to watch live but I have the attitude of you will never know when your time is up in this life and if this will be your last chance to watch manly go around you never know, so if I can I will go and watch the boys play if I can.
That's a different perspective and I'll follow it too...thanks :)

Hey Mark

Good to see some common sense prevailing.
Ummm the coach threw the players under the media bus with a blatant lie about them ALL not wanting to play with Hastings. So now we're all wondering why they played like sht. Come on people wake up. Barrett has completely lost the dressing room. You can't get that back. He must be sacked and now

There have been suggestions from Ricky Stuart that the players may have been the ones to backflip on the Jackogate drama.
No proof provided of course, but not totally without plausibility.

A couple of things I would like to see from Penn/Gorman...
1. Get rid of Cartwright and replace with Brent Kite as assistant coach/forwards coach with Mark Carroll as a part time mentor to the forward pack.(if BK can be convinced into a coaching role even better,the forwards are playing as soft as Cartwight did as a player and inconsistent as well)
2.Get rid of Ferris and bring back Donny Singe.
3.Get rid of Jason Lussick.
There are more things that can be done,but these need to be done immediately.

Isn't perspective ... or having an agenda funny ...

If Barrett had said that the Hastings saga had affected our performance .... there would have been howls from the usual suspects ....... EXCUSES.. Sack Barrett!!

and ... when Barrett says that the Hastings saga did NOT affect our performance the same suspects howl he is delusional ... Sack Barrett!

And whilst many have radical suggestions as to how to turn it around ... I can tell you that Rugby League is a simple game, and simple steps will succeed .... back to basics ... earn the right through the middle before playing expansive footy .....

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

My expectation was a much better performance than what was delivered.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8