Some perspective

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I told myself I wasn’t going to come on here for a few days but couldn’t resist a look and thought I’d post this.

Firstly the perspective!

Did anyone, yes anyone expect any different result today after the week we’ve just had??

The Eels 0 and 6 and with a point to prove and they did just that BUT they were just as shaky as us for the first 20 minutes and were lucky we didn’t score first and then roll on.

The refs wanting to “ send those nasty boys a lesson”, and at 7-0 after about 10 minutes they did that in spades!

The players not even close to being in the right headspace, and that’s before they even set foot on the field!

A long record of having not won at ANZ for years!!

I can’t say much about the second half as I turned off at 20-0 but you could see it wasn’t going to be pretty.

I was that sure of the result I picked Parramatta in my tipping ( sorry but have to get points anyway I can), I didn’t think there was anyway we’d win ( consequently I’m not as dissapointed as most of you).

The future perspective.

The sky hasn’t fallen in just yet and we are at home to a “ Pearceless” Knights on Friday at Brookie.

I’m sure there will be a lot of soul searching during the coming week, so rather than slit your wrists , strap yourselves in, get behind our side and let’s hope they get their **** together!!

Bagging DCE, Marty and the “ Sack Barrett” brigade are getting tiresome.

How about , “ look we are going like **** but how about we stick together as fans and do our best to support the team”.

So, anyone want to join me in the “ team positive” team??

Anyone?????????

Second half was better. Manly received 4 first tackle penalties. The boys looked very frustrated with not only there performance but also the referees.

I told myself I wasn’t going to come on here for a few days but couldn’t resist a look and thought I’d post this.

Firstly the perspective!

Did anyone, yes anyone expect any different result today after the week we’ve just had??

The Eels 0 and 6 and with a point to prove and they did just that BUT they were just as shaky as us for the first 20 minutes and were lucky we didn’t score first and then roll on.

The refs wanting to “ send those nasty boys a lesson”, and at 7-0 after about 10 minutes they did that in spades!

The players not even close to being in the right headspace, and that’s before they even set foot on the field!

I can’t say much about the second half as I turned off at 20-0 but you could see it wasn’t going to be pretty.

I was that sure of the result I picked Parramatta in my tipping ( sorry but have to get points anyway I can), I didn’t think there was anyway we’d win ( consequently I’m not as dissapointed as most of you).

The future perspective.

The sky hasn’t fallen in just yet and we are at home to a “ Pearceless” Knights on Friday at Brookie.

I’m sure there will be a lot of soul searching during the coming week, so rather than slit your wrists , strap yourselves in, get behind our side and let’s hope they get their **** together!!

How about , “ look we are going like **** but how about we stick together as fans and do our best to support the team”.

Anyone?????????
I’m usually there with you Mark but that was a real kick in the guts today.

Someone needs to take the bit between their teeth and I have no idea who that is. It should be Barrett but his refusal to drop people is too much. If we have a reduced squad why aren’t people being promoted? Lussick is off the books. Get someone in. Can’t you also get cap compensation for long term injuries? So what of Tafua and Siro? Why are we just losing players with nothing coming in? The NRL said we were under the cap so what gives???

I couldn't bring myself to watch the match, so I feel a little better just knowing the result without having to put up with another 80 minutes of angst. I expect us to lose. I imaging Froggy did nothing to suggest he is a First Grade player, but judging by the score it seems he had a lot of fellow failures.
I'm going overseas on Tuesday and I doubt I'll even bother trying to watch coverage of our next match.
I'm almost done for this season; totally deflated. This is not the Manly club I have supported for nearly 60 years.

I'm off the positive though I haven't bagged the team this year anyway.
Im off the positive because because I think they are losing control at the top and with a fairly stretched roster I can't see too much good coming from that.
The coming weeks will require them to show some gravel in their guts for me to change my outlook.
And for the decision makers to show they have their hands on the wheel.

I don't think this result had anything to do with the week we had. It has to do with us fielding a sub par team.
Were just not good as a unit, we have some awesome players in tapau,dce,turbos,api (sometimes) and Walker (when fit) , and some pretty good players in Kelly, Parker, tafua,sirro, afb
The rest are basically not nrl standard, and I struggle to see where the likes of lane,perrett,croker,uate,winterstein,wright, get a look in at other clubs.

Said it from the start of the year, we are a 2016 team on ability, won't get the spoon, but sure as hell won't come close to a finals berth unless we get a mid season half with ability (that were willing to play), and a few QUALITY backs to help out Walker and turbo

No perspective No excuses, 13 on 13, grubs just didn't turn up ,or should i say turned it up....coming of a 54 - 0 win to a 44 - 10 loss not perspective , just no heart.!!

Firstly the perspective!

The future perspective.

Anyone?????????
Hi Mark

Respect your posts, and it all sounds nice to get behind the team, but here at silvertails we have forums full of empty souls.

Yes we have our whinges here and there about individual players, but I think the problems are much much bigger than that and the players are in the fact the victims.

Victims of an NRL suffocation campaign (I have already covered enough) and a seriously inept coach.

This guy Barrett is the most linear, culturally vacuous, and dumb coach I have ever seen.

I can’t listen to this **** any more. How can you honestly say that today’s performance had nothing to do with the Hastings saga. How can honestly say we have to ‘fight’ our way out of this?.

What, try harder?.....Cmon

This team has become devoid of spirit and has no focus or plan. The game is more than meeting technical stats and effort stats.
That’s why I feel powerless and I think most of us feel hopeless. Why yell and scream for the team if they are not hearing us anyway.

This team needs a new plan, and some very tough and unique decisions being made. Until then, all of this seems a waste of time.

NYEagle

Agree here Mark. Obviously a lot going on for us right now granted. However today's start was almost carbon copy to last week vs Balmain. Marty and afb again just defended for the first 15mins rendering their power game useless. By halftime 2 late tries finished us again. Call me crazy but if Thompson runs through the line and they blow Kelly's try we prob put another big score on parra today, that's how significant the momentum swing are. I knew when they blew no try to that one it was game over.
I too have read the forum over the past week or 2 but never really post. In all honesty it's negative and depressing and tbh a bit boring now.
Who cares about the Hastings situation. He's a back up half at best and he ain't going on to be a world beater somewhere else let's be honest. Crocker ain't cutting it I agree but Hastings isn't going to come in and win games for us. If people think that they are delusional.
In any case as my 8yr old said tonite "we have the Knights at home next week dad, we can win that and see what happens!". Poor little fella he heard a lot of profanities this arvo and I certainly coughed up a lot to the swear jar, but next weeks another chance for a win so bring it on!

Firstly the perspective!

The future perspective.

Anyone?????????
As upset as I am after today that is our only choice if we are true Manly fans , I know nothing about the Hastings dynamics etc and Croker isn’t the reason we lost but gee every other team knows that DCE is the play maker and they are on him pronto , we need someone who can share the load and as much as I want to encourage Croker he has shown little in attack (all be it behind beaten or error prone packs) and an upgrade on Green a bit in defence
But we need more, JH isn’t the messiah but we need repeat sets and we need some spark and surely TB has to realise that .
If he goes back on the JH to reserves he will have egg on his face but if it helps us win that will be forgotten.If we keep losing with Croker and bad team attitude he could be signing his own termination letter and the death warrant for our season,anyway crunch game next week we r only 2 wins out of the 8 I think so not all hope is lost or misplaced
Go Manly

Firstly the perspective!

The future perspective.

Anyone?????????
Agree with most you say and refs were one sided but need cherry to play much calmer and smarter as leader. Cut out dumb errors especially off kickoffs ridiculous long forward passes etc. Show some control.

I don't see our roster being worse than the tigers or knights.
This.

Our "poor roster" does not account for performances like these last few weeks. That is the reflection of a team in a very poor head space. The history of sports is full of examples of teams, with what was considered less fancied individuals, pulling together to exceed expectations (synergy). While losing is not fun, the angst is far more to do with the way we are playing (regardless of cattle).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8