Some exceptional news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Excuse me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i apolagise for interrupting, i seemed to in the wrong place. I came here to bag channel 9 but walked in on an old ladies tea meeting. Carry on,

jbb/james said:
Excuse me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i apolagise for interrupting, i seemed to in the wrong place. I came here to bag channel 9 but walked in on an old ladies tea meeting. Carry on,

Sorry your right. I will have my tea white with one. none of that imported or mailed in stuff thanks. (tongue in check)

I agree with the need to look for someone from a commercial background rather than political.

Is that what he has been up to the past years? For mind i would need to know more than "he has been really successful"

As for his previous mental issues they are in the past and in no way should be held against him

Jonesyv2 said:
Napper said:
Jatz Crackers said:
If it was my decision I wouldnt have any ex politician in the job. Would rather see the best commercial manager they can find.

Anyway, back to the TV rights. What is Channel #9 (the home of rugby league, lol) going to do if they lose the rights? I bet their next point of call will be to follow 7 down the pathway of gutter trash TV.

Id rather it stay at 9 under better conditions.

I don't care who gets it this is what i think the game should demand (maybe #3 is a bit harsh LOL).

1) All games live (Same time slot games to be a viewers choice on 9 or GEM, or 10 or ONE HD)
2) Fixed date & time Schedule for the entire season
3) No Ray Hadley
4) fairness in what days teams play on spread it as evenly as possible, no more broncos Friday each team taking their share of home Monday night games.

Also add Sat/Sun match starting at 2:30 or 3pm

lsz said:
I agree with the need to look for someone from a commercial background rather than political.

Is that what he has been up to the past years? For mind i would need to know more than "he has been really successful"

As for his previous mental issues they are in the past and in no way should be held against him

This is what Wikipedia says:

"Brogden was appointed as CEO of Manchester Unity, an Australian health fund, in July 2006 and served in that role until December 2008 when the company was taken over by HCF Health Insurance.[citation needed] Between 2006 and 2009, Brogden also served as chairman of Abacus - Australian Mutuals, an industry body for credit unions and building societies in Australia. In July 2009, he was appointed as CEO of the Financial Services Council (formerly called the Investment & Financial Services Association), the representative body for Australia's superannuation, funds management and life insurance industry.[19]

In 2007, Brogden became the first patron of telephone counselling service Lifeline NSW.[20]

He also holds honorary positions as Patron of Sailability Pittwater, Bilgola Surf Lifesaving Club and Avalon Beach Surf Lifesaving Club and is a member of the Advisory Committee to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Technology in Sydney.[6]

In April 2011, Brogden became National Patron for Lifeline."

In addition to this he was involved with Macquarie Bank at some point, and has been on Corporate Boards. He has also been involved with lobbying groups as well. On top of all of this, he still has his contacts from his political career.

In the end he may not end up being the best choice, but I would praise the decision if it was the choice the ARLC decided to go down.

One of my chooks is named "Big Nigga"...does that make me a racist chook owner?:huh:

wombatgc said:
One of my chooks is named "Big Nigga"...does that make me a racist chook owner?:huh:

We all are racist to some extent. We don't exist independently of the racist culture we've grown up in... and our ideas and beliefs have to come from somewhere. But those who don't want to be party to continued discrimination try to remain open to re-examining our attitudes, when challenged. In my experience there's often some aspect we just never considered before.

As to your chook … what do you think? Does your chook seem offended? If you are black and the chook is white I'd say definitely no problem.

Referring to anything as 'nigga' is racist. It's origins are racially based and surely any sensible person knows that. Why name a chook in that way? I'd recommend a change to Tweety, or some such bird name.

Jatz Crackers said:
Anyway, back to the TV rights. What is Channel #9 (the home of rugby league, lol) going to do if they lose the rights? I bet their next point of call will be to follow 7 down the pathway of gutter trash TV.

You mean like putting musical talent shows on at primetime and reviving Big Brother? Too late my friend.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
wombatgc said:

We all are racist to some extent. We don't exist independently of the racist culture we've grown up in... and our ideas and beliefs have to come from somewhere. But those who don't want to be party to continued discrimination try to remain open to re-examining our attitudes, when challenged. In my experience there's often some aspect we just never considered before.

As to your chook … what do you think? Does your chook seem offended? If you are black and the chook is white I'd say definitely no problem.
No she seems fine with it. She was perched on my head last night, so i'm guessing we're all good. I have a red one too...her name is Julia...nothing but trouble!:p

Peter C said:
How about we p#ss this thread off, it's become very irrelevant.
Peter C^...not a chook lover.:D

wombatgc said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
wombatgc said:

No she seems fine with it. She was perched on my head last night, so i'm guessing we're all good. I have a red one too...her name is Julia...nothing but trouble!:p

Peter C said:
How about we p#ss this thread off, it's become very irrelevant.
Peter C^...not a chook lover.:D

I dont know about him but i have a big weather cock . Its on my roof.
Now its irrelevant.

^ shame, shame, shame.

NOT WISHING TO START A NEW THREAD BUT.....

I have some exceptional news.....

I now have cable to watch all nrl games over here in Canada land.

Yes, after finally realising that they show them over here on sportsnet world and going 'derrr' at myself for not realising this, I've added to $20 extra a month to score all games + rugby + super leagues etc etc.

Happy I am as now I can give up my hobby of FISHING.

As always I'm happy to let people know my fav fishing spots, rivers, oceans, creeks, lakes, *streams*, puddles but it's frick frack awesome I'm getting the games in HD.

Woooohoooo!

^ shame, shame, shame.

NOT WISHING TO START A NEW THREAD BUT.....

I have some exceptional news.....

I now have cable to watch all nrl games over here in Canada land.

Yes, after finally realising that they show them over here on sportsnet world and going 'derrr' at myself for not realising this, I've added to $20 extra a month to score all games + rugby + super leagues etc etc.

Happy I am as now I can give up my hobby of FISHING.

As always I'm happy to let people know my fav fishing spots, rivers, oceans, creeks, lakes, *streams*, puddles but it's frick frack awesome I'm getting the games in HD.

Woooohoooo!

GE don't stop fishing. Every manly win is a brilliant feeling but every loss is not the same as the soul destroying barramundi who knows every way in the world to make an adrenal dump last for ten minutes only to leave you yelling at every god imagined by civilisation after he shakes mid air and spits your hooks. That is a demon fish and also an angelic god of fish and after watching games like us against Newcastle I remember the big fish that did me in and think - just a game of footy.

Actually I pray you don't become obsessed like me. This footy thing is far easier to handle.

GE don't stop fishing. Every manly win is a brilliant feeling but every loss is not the same as the soul destroying barramundi who knows every way in the world to make an adrenal dump last for ten minutes only to leave you yelling at every god imagined by civilisation after he shakes mid air and spits your hooks. That is a demon fish and also an angelic god of fish and after watching games like us against Newcastle I remember the big fish that did me in and think - just a game of footy.

Actually I pray you don't become obsessed like me. This footy thing is far easier to handle.

DSM5 said:
Referring to anything as 'nigga' is racist. It's origins are racially based and surely any sensible person knows that. Why name a chook in that way? I'd recommend a change to Tweety, or some such bird name.

My son in law is German, I think I'm racist because I call him our much loved "German." The origin of the term German is racially based.

I loved the Politically Correct Society we have created today!!! :D

DSM5 said:

My son in law is German, I think I'm racist because I call him our much loved "German." The origin of the term German is racially based.

I loved the Politically Correct Society we have created today!!! :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8