Some exceptional news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
In his colum in today's tele Andrew Webster writes.

NINE LOSING TV WAR

THE show isn't over yet, but Channel 9 is bracing itself for the possibility it will miss out on retaining the rugby league broadcast rights. The mood at the long-term rights-holders has been described to us as "pessimistic".

Over at Channel 10, though, they are feeling "supremely confident" about their chances of winning out.

Meanwhile, the name of former Liberal leader John Brogden has emerged as one of the front-runners for the vacant ARL Commission chief executive's job.

Brogden resigned in 2005 over alleged sexual harassment and a remark calling the Malaysian-born wife of then Premier of NSW Bob Carr a "mail-order bride".

Brogden, who missed out on the Tigers job three years ago to Stephen Humphreys, did not return our calls.

--------–-----—-—
Bye bye to the home of delayed rugby league.

Cameron said:

Meanwhile, the name of former Liberal leader John Brogden has emerged as one of the front-runners for the vacant ARL Commission chief executive's job.

--------–-----—-—

Brogden?? Both racist and sexist. Would set the game back 20 years in the blink of an eye.

Was Brogden the one who had the meltdown and threatened suicide ?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Cameron said:

--------–-----—-—

Brogden?? Both racist and sexist. Would set the game back 20 years in the blink of an eye.
The thing blokes like you hAve too learn is too stop being so quick to label people. Pc in this country and this forum has gone mad.

The forum is a perfect example back in 2004 it was open slather you could have your say without being labelled or vilified. now
sadly the place is full of passive aggressive twats who feel the need to be the thought police.

John Brogden was the member for Pittwater for over 10 years, and was guaranteed to be Premier in NSW until everything went wrong and he admitted to depression, and left politics. The man is a good family friend of mine, has outstanding character and is a great businessman as well. He loves his family dearly and has the respect of a lot of the community, on both sides of politics He has numerous contacts throughout the business world and I would have been happy to see him on the Commission Board.

The NRL would be extremely lucky to have a man like him in charge. Manly would have a ally as well. Even though he was from Balmain and supports the Tigers, he was a member for our area, and still lives in the area as well.

He made two small mistakes that were completely out of character for him in the span of a week, then gave up the leadership of the Opposition because he knew he'd done wrong. He then admitted that this was a part of a larger issue of depression, which he has now got over. This happened back in 2005.

Anyone that makes snide comments about the man not knowing what he went through and what he has accomplished both before and after those couple of mistakes (which we can all make) need to take a real hard look at themselves, because you have gone down in my estimations, and probably the estimations of a lot of people in this state who will agree with me. He is not sexist and he is most certainly not a racist. Get your facts straight.

John Brogden is a thoroughly decent bloke. I travelled across the US with him in 1996 and shared many beers with him.

He would be a fine choice.

I think he would really make a good job of it if his in the running. Having met him several times Jono and Ralphie are absolutely correct in holding him in such high esteem.

Jono said:
John Brogden was the member for Pittwater for over 10 years, and was guaranteed to be Premier in NSW until everything went wrong and he admitted to depression, and left politics. The man is a good family friend of mine, has outstanding character and is a great businessman as well. He loves his family dearly and has the respect of a lot of the community, on both sides of politics He has numerous contacts throughout the business world and I would have been happy to see him on the Commission Board.

The NRL would be extremely lucky to have a man like him in charge. Manly would have a ally as well. Even though he was from Balmain and supports the Tigers, he was a member for our area, and still lives in the area as well.

He made two small mistakes that were completely out of character for him in the span of a week, then gave up the leadership of the Opposition because he knew he'd done wrong. He then admitted that this was a part of a larger issue of depression, which he has now got over. This happened back in 2005.

Anyone that makes snide comments about the man not knowing what he went through and what he has accomplished both before and after those couple of mistakes (which we can all make) need to take a real hard look at themselves, because you have gone down in my estimations, and probably the estimations of a lot of people in this state who will agree with me. He is not sexist and he is most certainly not a racist. Get your facts straight.
Well said Jono, SER8 put that in your lefty pipe and smoke it

Brogden? never heard of him other than he was a failed Liberal politician. Surely there's someone in our game that shows competence. Get someone with game sense. Gallop was a small time lawyer, and look where that led. Brogden...a big no from me.

Jono said:

Jono I'm pleased to hear Brogden is doing well, and there's been no more of this stuff.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4193938.stm

I never heard the other side. After he slipped from the public spotlight, naturally the other side, and his recovery, was not so newsworthy.

So the lesson, you say, is never judge someone on their mistakes until you know what they've been through, and what they have accomplished.

Fair enough, that is a reasonable point.

By the way, do you know what I've been through, and accomplished? No? I didn't think so.

So how about this? I apologise for my hasty judgment of your friend. I will now look forward to your apology for insulting everyone's intelligence with your act of rank hypocrisy, namely judging me without knowing my full story, for judging him without knowing his full story.

Needless to say, if you offer such an apology I'll accept it. Everyone makes mistakes after all.

Ps I don't really care about the commission, but I do care about posters here taking responsibility for what we write. Including myself.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jono said:

Jono I'm pleased to hear Brogden is doing well, and there's been no more of this stuff.

I never heard the other side. After he slipped from the public spotlight, naturally the other side, and his recovery, was not so newsworthy.

So the lesson, you say, is never judge someone on their mistakes until you know what they've been through, and what they have accomplished.

By the way, do you know what I've been through, and accomplished? No? I didn't think so.

So how about this? I apologise for my hasty judgment of your friend. I will now look forward to your apology for insulting everyone's intelligence with your act of rank hypocrisy, namely judging me without knowing my full story, for judging him without knowing his full story.

Needless to say, if you offer such an apology I'll accept it. Everyone makes mistakes after all.

Ps I don't really care about the commission, but I do care about posters here taking responsibility for what we write. Including myself.

SER8, I never at any point in the post said anything specifically about YOUR past. So, no I won't apologise because you, and only you, were the one who decided to be a smartarse and belittle a man with great integrity, and probably the nicest and most genuine guys I have met in my life without knowing the facts. That says a lot because I have met A LOT of people in my life so far.

If you read it again I said you went down in my estimations because you made a snide remark without knowing the truth, that in no way is belittling your past or what you have been through. I never have done this either and I don't see a need to apologise. My post still stands.

PS: I'm not the one you should be apologising to anyways for your comments. I'm just standing up for a man that has been through enough as it is from the media.

Jono said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jono said:

SER8, I never at any point in the post said anything specifically about YOUR past. So, no I won't apologise because you, and only you, were the one who decided to be a smartarse and belittle a man with great integrity, and probably the nicest and most genuine guys I have met in my life without knowing the facts. That says a lot because I have met A LOT of people in my life so far.

If you read it again I said you went down in my estimations because you made a snide remark without knowing the truth, that in no way is belittling your past or what you have been through. I never have done this either and I don't see a need to apologise. My post still stands.

PS: I'm not the one you should be apologising to anyways for your comments. I'm just standing up for a man that has been through enough as it is from the media.
Sorry SER8 I agree with Jono. There was nothing wrong with his post he was sticking up for a friend something I'm doing now.

Cameron said:
Jono said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Sorry SER8 I agree with Jono. There was nothing wrong with his post he was sticking up for a friend something I'm doing now.

Brogden is a good bloke and will do well in the job if he gets it. He has recovered well since the dark time he went through. He has run several large businesses. He is a friend of max Delmege and has a good knowlege of rugby league. I have had a few beers with the man and cant say a bad thing about him.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2