Solomona and Gillett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our mate the RLW Mole again

EXCLUSIVE in @LeagueWeek today - @SeaEagles set to make a big late play for @brisbanebroncos star Matt @MattGillett12

I don't know why you wouldn't make a big early play at Gillett?
Could this mean there is some money getting freed up by a couple more players being released.

seeing as we re-signed him N Green should be included in the lists of next years forwards

Well, we WERE promised an International quality forward signing. Gillett fits that bill perfectly. The below would be a beastly club:

FIRST GRADE
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Dylan Walker
05. David Mead
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic (c)
09. Matt Parcell
10. Dracy Lussick
11. Marty Taupau
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fanua-Blake
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Nate Myles

I don't know why you wouldn't make a big early play at Gillett?
Could this mean there is some money getting freed up by a couple more players being released.

I find it hard to believe Gillett would leave the Donkeys, but I guess if they are offering say $400k and we are offering say $600k ( those figures are just mine) it's not hard to see why a young fella , who at best has about 12 years in the game, might want to pocket an extra $600k over 3 years.

Only time will tell but I'd be really surprised if it happens.

If I had to pick one of them Id take Nelson and punt Starling. Our intensity drops when Starling comes on. Our backrow is fine with Kapow moved back there.

I find it hard to believe Gillett would leave the Donkeys, but I guess if they are offering say $400k and we are offering say $600k ( those figures are just mine) it's not hard to see why a young fella , who at best has about 12 years in the game, might want to pocket an extra $600k over 3 years.

Only time will tell but I'd be really surprised if it happens.

He is 28 so may want to make hay whilst the sun shines!

i would offer gillette around the 700k mark plus. we should have the coin to also throw good money at Nelson. He looks very promising.

Moved on, released, retired on good coin;
Snake
Lyon
Burgees
Mateo
Symonds
Vave?

Off Contract
Starling
Lawrence
Leary

A Manly FB page has the club offering Gillett $600,000 in year one, followed by $700,000 the following two years in comparison to $450,000 which is what he is currently on at Brisbane. I'm assuming those figures have come from the RLW article, although I am yet to read it.

Lussick
Api
Vaughn
Gillett
Taupau
Trbojevic

Buhrer
Meehan/Knight/AFB
Asofa-Solomona
Parcell

I'm going to do it! Here it comes! API RANT INBOUND!!!!!

Seriously, why does everyone have a man crush on Api all of a sudden. He is a good player, yes, but his service from dummy half is second rate at best. He is not a hooker, he is best in the halves. Whilst ever he persists with those stupid f*cking pump fakes that nobody falls for that just get our halves crushed I will continue to object to him wearing the number 9 for Manly. Matt Parcell is by far and away the better of the two.

Ok, now I feel much better..... wait.... I just saw you bench.... ahhhhh second rant inbound!!!!!

Seriously, didn't everyone realise at the start of the season that playing two hookers in our scheme just didn't work? A second hooker on the bench is just a wasted spot. This is particularly the case when another player is a utiliy such as Buhrer or Brown. These guys can cover hooker if required. Yes, we would have such a great starting forward pack based on that team list. However; the bigger teams would steamroll us after the first 20mins once we start the rotations. You need at least three props on the bench these days. Then, and only then, can you have a utility or luxury like a second hooker.

Ok, I'm done now. I feel much better. So long as someone doesn't go and put a YART up trying to convince me that Tom is better in the centres or that he would make a great 5/8 or that because Player A has a great YouTube highlights video that he is our future 5/8 superstar I'll be fine............

I'm going to do it! Here it comes! API RANT INBOUND!!!!!

Seriously, why does everyone have a man crush on Api all of a sudden. He is a good player, yes, but his service from dummy half is second rate at best. He is not a hooker, he is best in the halves. Whilst ever he persists with those stupid f*cking pump fakes that nobody falls for that just get our halves crushed I will continue to object to him wearing the number 9 for Manly. Matt Parcell is by far and away the better of the two.

Ok, now I feel much better..... wait.... I just saw you bench.... ahhhhh second rant inbound!!!!!

Seriously, didn't everyone realise at the start of the season that playing two hookers in our scheme just didn't work? A second hooker on the bench is just a wasted spot. This is particularly the case when another player is a utiliy such as Buhrer or Brown. These guys can cover hooker if required. Yes, we would have such a great starting forward pack based on that team list. However; the bigger teams would steamroll us after the first 20mins once we start the rotations. You need at least three props on the bench these days. Then, and only then, can you have a utility or luxury like a second hooker.

Ok, I'm done now. I feel much better. So long as someone doesn't go and put a YART up trying to convince me that Tom is better in the centres or that he would make a great 5/8 or that because Player A has a great YouTube highlights video that he is our future 5/8 superstar I'll be fine............

I don't entirely disagree but I have always thought Api should only be used as a utility and nothing more really. But using two hookers can and does still work. Heck half of the teams in the top 8 (The Raiders, Broncos, Titans and Cowboys) all run with a dummy-half on the bench. You just need to use them well.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7