So, you still want to sack Barrett?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I seen it on display on Friday night champ, no stacking structure

Couldn't get a repeat set

Couldn't score a try

Was all on display
why don't you check the stats for clubs on nrl. com we are
1st for try assits
1st for line breaks
1st for line break assists
4th for tries scored
8th for run meters.
we are doing very very well wtf is your beef. and for the 5th time who would you get if Barrett is sacked? Who? you never answer because you can't. be proud of Barrett he's trying his ass off for our club we are manly we must stick together. I liked Barrett last year I could see what he was trying to do and the boys never gave up last year. This year I point to the above stats as proof he can coach. we arent perfect but no team is.. stoney85 snap out of it and join us. stronger together!

next Friday we dine on rabbit stew with a side of crowe haha

Last edited:
why don't you check the stats for clubs on nrl. com we are
1st for try assits
1st for line breaks
1st for line break assists
4th for tries scored
8th for run meters.
we are doing very very well wtf is your beef. and for the 5th time who would you get if Barrett is sacked? Who? you never answer because you can't. be proud of Barrett he's trying his ass off for our club we are manly we must stick together. I liked Barrett last year I could see what he was trying to do and the boys never gave up last year. This year I point to the above stats as proof he can coach. we arent perfect but no team is.. stoney85 snap out of it and join us. stronger together!

next Friday we dine on rabbit stew with a side of crowe haha

Stats don't mean a thing

Winning comps does

I'd get Cliffy to coach

Cliffy was a great player and true Manly legend. Perhaps we should just leave it at that. Trent Barrett is the current coach of the Manly Sea Eagles, and perhaps we should just let him get on with that in 2017. MWSE supporters stirring **** this far in to the season, in the forlorn hope of major coaching changes, seems to me to be a complete waste of time and energy.

Have to say this about Trent:

No matter what anyone's criticisms of his are, the majority of Manly fans think we are a chance to beat absolutely any other team in the competition.

That's a great sign, surely.

I made the mistake of writing us off as gimme's last week, and like @Wombat Legacy probably rightfully said, made me look like a bit if a dick head - lesson learnt.

I also really love that some (quite a few) players are developing and improving.

I just think Trent seems to be putting our team on the same trajectory as Des had us going, but I also think he's not doing that with back ended contracts, so maybe it's more sustainable? Actually, I think Barrett has a lot of tools on his belt, one of the most important is adaptability per opponent.

Everyone knows I've always been a huge fan. I may whinge and gripe about player selections and positions, but I know as much as his left nut knowledge wise when it comes to football, so what do I know?

As someone else also said, the teams that succeed these days, tend to have consistency as the key.

I'm kind of glad Cleary and Hasler got taken off the market. It kind of solidified Trents position.

We need to keep Barrett at least until the end of next season. You can't judge a coach until he has coached for 3 years at least because sometimes it takes that long or even longer for a coach to adjust to first grade and to make a squad theirs and gameplan theirs.

Des Hasler sucked in 2004 and look at him now. And on the flip side Anthony Griffin looked like he could coach in 2011, then it turned out he couldn't. Heck the exact same thing is happening again for him at Penrith.

And honestly, whilst we are where we were this time last year our wins have looked far better and as a team we have looked far better. Last year we had beaten the bottom 2 teams unconvincingly and two teams was have a hoodoo over. This year we have a 100% away record, almost put away an on-fire Melbourne storm and have recorded some wins over top sides. And our upcoming games look much easier than they did last year.

So give Trent Barrett another 365 days at least before passing judgement on him.

After watching Penrith go round we are streets ahead in attack. Trenty is improving weekly with his game plans. Anthony Griffin will get hooked after the Broncos put a massive score against the hapless Panthers.

After watching Penrith go round we are streets ahead in attack. Trenty is improving weekly with his game plans. Anthony Griffin will get hooked after the Broncos put a massive score against the hapless Panthers.

Yep, you have to think he'd be starting to come under a bit of pressure and time is starting to run out.
James Tamou has hardly set the world on fire since his arrival as well.

I've got a bit of free advice for you mate, rather than pretending to be an Eagles supporter, fess up to yourself that you support a certain coach rather than a club and either start a Hasler supporters forum or join the Kennel and educate them all on there that they are all wrong . You are drinking poison every day and hoping Barrettt dies. Last time I looked he was still twitching !

Haha please, you think I suppprt another team, goose

@Mark from Brisbane will confirm that I am indeed a long time Manly fan

So will @Ryan

There are definitely lots of positive signs for our club... Culture seems to be gelling, team spirit is high and we are having a go for the main which is what we all wanted. Our forwards seem to be improving all the time, BJ, AFB, Frankie and even old Nate have been getting better... It's just the attack for mine that really needs to be the focus - we know we can defend when we're on. Attack wise on the whole we're getting out of jail through individual brilliance/effort rather than team effort. I will happily skull a 6 pack of beer when a commentator says, 'What a superbly constructed team try from the Eagles..' I cannot recall when that was last said lol Our last tackle kick options are poor too, not nearly enuff repeat sets and that's something we all thought Greeny would be able to help us with. Thus far he hasn't and has gifted a lot of 7 tackle sets with his lead boot which is more disappointing. In the oppositions 'red zone' there's too much one out running with no support play and not enough bodies in motion asking the defence questions. The endless inside balls from our halves don't cut the mustard on tackle 4 ffs.. So more work to be done till we could be described as a really rounded footy team.. I really liked the momentum we get out of Hastings at dummy half and we seemed to eat metres a lot easier with the forwards than with Api - plus the dood can goal kick so maybe in the near future Jackson starts..I don't know - just think we need a gun kicker to keep us in the grind. But we're improving and every win we get this year let's relish it and watch the replay 25 times like I do each week.. Go Manly

This thread really needs this gif now

giphy.gif

FFS

I've got a bit of free advice for you mate, rather than pretending to be an Eagles supporter, fess up to yourself that you support a certain coach rather than a club and either start a Hasler supporters forum or join the Kennel and educate them all on there that they are all wrong . You are drinking poison every day and hoping Barrettt dies. Last time I looked he was still twitching !

How about you keep it civil or ignore the poster. There is no need to go down to this level when you do not agree with another poster

Haha please, you think I suppprt another team, goose

@Mark from Brisbane will confirm that I am indeed a long time Manly fan

So will @Ryan

Def NOT a Troll!!!

In fact I think he's a funny bastard, even if I disagree with him at times.

Pity more people didn't take the same approach when someone posts something they disagree with!!

The world is made up of many different characters, @Ryan is one as is @strone33

Def NOT a Troll!!!

In fact I think he's a funny bastard, even if I disagree with him at times.

Pity more people didn't take the same approach when someone posts something they disagree with!!

The world is made up of many different characters, @Ryan is one as is @strone33
How about you keep it civil or ignore the poster. There is no need to go down to this level when you do not agree with another poster
Strone 33 carries on like a DILL and is rightfully being called out for it! Re-read some of the garbage he has written recently. If you want new posters to come here, stop backing up some of the halfwits who feel longevity on the forum gives them a bigger voice. >:) peace man!

Strone 33 carries on like a DILL and is rightfully being called out for it! Re-read some of the garbage he has written recently. If you want new posters to come here, stop backing up some of the halfwits who feel longevity on the forum gives them a bigger voice. >:) peace man!
No problem with disagreeing with someone as long as it is done with respect not this "you are not a supporter" stuff.

I disagree with a heap on here but never feel the need to go to name calling level...and that is the stuff (not the alternate opinions) that stop people posting

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8