So who is our halfback in 2011?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
agreed seu seu is not a 1st grade half back, hes a 1st grade hooker, and id be happy for him to be on the bench, but nothing else. As for this rumour, im still in lingo if Dan and Jatz are doing this to gee everyone up ill be upset haha

I dont think Seu seu has the kicking game or leadership to start at half. He is a hell of a lot better player one or two passes wide of the ruck though than he is at hooker. Perhaps best I've seen in Q cup. I dont know what Des is thinking but it would be a waste if we cant utilise his talent. Maybe bring him on late in a games (keep Balin on) & get Seu Seu running wide a bit at tired defence as well as up the middle from dummy half to take some work off Balin?

Terry Terry is a hell of a player in Qld Cup.....that's where he should stay.

north coast eagle link said:
Way to good for Q cup.

Watch the games he plays 5/8 and then tell me you want him to stay there.
its how he goes in NRL not Qcup  ..deadset ..  put bailey in the  Qld cup side , & he will play like we never seen him play before.. its the next step thats the challenge..

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185756.msg302946#msg302946 date=1287402715]

I think Seu Seu is in the running for the Manly 7.
[/quote] This is the funniest thing I have ever read on a forum were you pissed or high, I'm glad your not involved with the club. I think we are in trouble with DCE but if at any stage next year SEU SEU is playing halfback then DES has to go.

jjai link said:
[quote author=north coast eagle link=topic=185756.msg303060#msg303060 date=1287483324]
Way to good for Q cup.

Watch the games he plays 5/8 and then tell me you want him to stay there.
its how he goes in NRL not Qcup  ..deadset ..  put bailey in the  Qld cup side , & he will play like we never seen him play before.. its the next step thats the challenge..
[/quote]

Still reckon Bailey will struggle in the QLD Cup

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185756.msg302946#msg302946 date=1287402715]
[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7 link=topic=185756.msg302940#msg302940 date=1287401326]

Didn't Tony Williams star at 6 the year before when Sunny Coast won the premiership?

Not in any game I saw. The point I share with North Coast Eagle is that Seu Seu was hands and shoulders better than DCE was.
[/quote]

Sorry E4#7, T-Rex was in 6 when SC beat Northern Pride in the GF last year. He was awarded the Duncan Hall medal as MOTM (not that I agreed with it but he was probably second best in the game). He played in 6 against South Logan the week before as well.
[/quote]

I know he played 6. I was at that game. What I meant was he didn't play any good in any match I saw. I don't care what award he won. I think Seu Seu is in the running for the Manly 7.
[/quote]

I was at that game too and could not for the life of me figure out how T-Rex got man of the match. Le Strange was head and shoulders above everyone else on the field.

Rusty link said:
My bet Jatz and Dan are coordinating and using this thread to provide some suspense, attempting to keep everyone here over the quite off season period.

I am certainly not coordinating with Jatz mate, I have been busy as anything with work at the moment, which is why I have barely posted over the past few weeks.

I have shared a beer with Jatz before though, a thoroughly enjoyable bloke to hang out with, he could even handle the drunken antics of my westie wife

He is not even first choice halfback for the kiwis yet Lowe ( and hasler) are trying to sign him,I hope we all enjoyed 2008 because it looks like the people in power at our club at the moment are happy to be middle of the road for the future.

it may be as a bit of Utility Value as well, he can play Hooker also.

Scott Prince and Cooper Cronk arent first choice for their country either, does that mean they are no good.

And before the rumours start we arent after either of those.

Dan link said:
I have shared a beer with Jatz before though, a thoroughly enjoyable bloke to hang out with, he could even handle the drunken antics of my westie wife

The only one who couldnt handle her was the bar manager who was a bit of a dill considering his chosen occupation.  haha.

My first shout next time we meet up Dan.

Hmmmmm, maybe the release of Bailey and Thurston on shaky ground up at Townsville may mean that old rumour could come together

Joe Kramer link said:
He is not even first choice halfback for the kiwis yet Lowe ( and hasler) are trying to sign him,I hope we all enjoyed 2008 because it looks like the people in power at our club at the moment are happy to be middle of the road for the future.

We already have the Kiwis 1st choice halfback in Keiran Foran
DCE or bust

Shane link said:
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185756.msg303184#msg303184 date=1287546598]

DCE or bust
[/quote]No we don't nathan fien is number 1

Cheers

Joe Kramer link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=185756.msg303219#msg303219 date=1287551089]
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185756.msg303184#msg303184 date=1287546598]

DCE or bust
[/quote]No we don't nathan fien is number 1

Cheers
[/quote]
You would find that if Foran wasn't having off season surgery then he would be the kiwis numer 7.

If Foran is the Kiwis 1st choice #7, why the f**k does he not play 7 at Manly? Which is why I think our halves to start the season should be - 6.Lyon 7.Foran

Gazza link said:
If Foran is the Kiwis 1st choice #7, why the f**k does he not play 7 at Manly? Which is why I think our halves to start the season should be - 6.Lyon 7.Foran

May well be the case with Matai suspended forever, and Whare hopefully lighting it up in the junior International squad.

I haven't been this excited about our junior players for a long while. It used to be more about he we could attain, rather than worrying about who we could RETAIN....like Parra now, and funnily enough, both clubs have Crushers mits all over them. That is a testament to his ability to spot a junior.

Gazza link said:

Some bloke called Marshall goes alright apparently at 6 for the kiwis.

I hope that's not our starting halves combination for next year.  Lyon only killed it at 6 because Ox was the dominant player.  Foran can't call the shots like Ox did and that would put way too much pressure on Killer.  Foran/DCE is my preferred starting halves combination for next year.  Although I do think Des will unfortunately probably start the year with Lyon/Foran although the Matai suspension might have thrown a spanner in the works.  Interesting times ahead.

Gazza link said:

Thats idiodic,Marshell is a halfback who wears number 6 for some reason,Foran is a 5/8 whos forced into 7 for kiwis for Marshell's strange superstition

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2