So Roosters Sunday.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Evo

Capt Goodvibe
Read with interest Susan's and other points re. Snake....but the ballpark has changed due to injury.

We must keep halves together to develop. Thought it was wrong to move Foran to centres esp with Ballin groggy. Way too much pressure on DCE in first game. Choc wider and out of the road to me would have been a better option.

That said, to me maybe playing the Foran brothers + Oldfield is our best option for Sunday, as at least the Bros. know each others game?

1. Snake
2. Robbo
3. Trex
4. K. Foran
5. Oldfield
6. L Foran
7. DCE

Thoughts and other options?

I think we are going to be under the pump this week, roosters are getting carney back and looked pretty good.....with the injurys and suspensions, we are going to be fighting an up hill battle.....i think it may be a little early for changes, but it is very big concern we couldnt even roll the storm.....

I think we will be competitive for the first 40-50 mins next week,maybe 12-12 with the roosters to run away with it in the last  30 or so minutes

Score will end up  being  36-14 or something around like that
I fell it could be more if we dont get a even share of posession next week
Lets hope this is a completely wrong prediction but i fear otherwise

Very concerning - def need speed across the ground 2 even compete. Oldfield a must & Buhrer changed my impressions from last season & should start in the back row. Will need a 30% improvement to be in the contest. Roosters are hot & cold tho & like the GF , 2nd half vs Crowes Hares are not always switched on - just worried if we have enough points to do it - they will score 20+ meaning we need 4-5 tries to be in the hunt.

c eagle link said:
ok roosters, but where will we beat them, anyone got any clues......point out a weakness

Head straight for hargreaves all game as he is rubbish

tookey link said:
[quote author=c eagle link=topic=186843.msg322931#msg322931 date=1300010446]
ok roosters, but where will we beat them, anyone got any clues......point out a weakness

Head straight for hargreaves all game as he is rubbish
[/quote]

Upset him and get him too lash out.Got good agro....sometimes too good!feather dusters may win.

Snake
robbo
kieran/choc/buhrer
T-rex
oldfield/wolfie?
liam foran/kieran/seu seu/buhrer/gifty/T-rex
DCE
George
MB
BK
choc
gift
Buhrer/Robinson

Robinson/seu seu/liam foran
cross
galuvao
harrison
cunningham
mauro

Well, lets go & break some seats - what I mean but that is give them a flogging that will cause their supporters angst causing them to boot the crap out of their own supporters bays seats. Whilst we leave ours in a better condition than we found them (smelling of sea eagles supporters bums - sweet perfume).

Our major sponsor will be Vasoline this weekend.

Cant see us scoring more than 2 tries and can't see us keeping them from crossing less than 4 or 5 times.
Hope i'm wrong but its could be a long day.

It's going to be tough no doubt about it. But based on last night our defense is very solid smith, cronk and dickhead slater were kept pretty quiet.

We need to hold on to the bloody ball and improve our kicking game if we can do that we will be very competitive.

We are going to struggle against smaller more mobile forward packs. Our forwards are too slow. Jamie Buhrer highlighted this when he came on. His footwork and leg speed were good.

The lack of mobility was never better highlighted by Jason King basically trying to kick start a hitup with his left knee into Cameron Smith.

dancingzorba link said:
Snake
robbo
kieran/choc/buhrer
T-rex
oldfield/wolfie?
liam foran/kieran/seu seu/buhrer/gifty/T-rex
DCE
George
MB
BK
choc
gift
Buhrer/Robinson

Robinson/seu seu/liam foran
cross
galuvao
harrison
cunningham
mauro
The thought of that team running out seriously scares me.
Although if we are going to make bold predictions, I like to see Foran and Oldfield as centres and Trex off the bench to bolster the forwards with Glenn or Liam Foran starting at 5/8.

After last weekends effort it can't get ant worse can it? DCE and Stewart have got the first game out of the way. Surely the only way is up. I would be very surprised if we aren't at least competitive this weekend. I think our defence was pretty good on the weekend we just lacked a bit of spark. That can turn around. I expected a slow start.

We have no sting in our pack. Maybe bring in someone with mongrel to help Choc.
Ray Moujalli could be the answer?

We must not weaken positions to fill injuries in others. Gift & Choc must stay in pack, Foran must stay at 5/8th. Bring in Wolf or Oldfield for Hoppa Jr. Bring in a center for Lyon has to be Blake Davey

1. Snake
2. Robbo
3. Davey
4. T Rex
5. Wolfman ( Oldfield if Wolf unfit)
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. King ( Mauro if King suspended)
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. Gift
13 Buhrer

14. Seu Seu
15. Rose
16 Galuvao
17.Robinson

How we can win?  Souths were hopeless in the first half against the Rorters.  Second half, much better, although still not good enough.  We'll hold the Rorters in the first half and then get the better of them in the second.  A Manly win by 8.  And I agree with 007, target their bigger guys with fast play the balls and nippy play around the ruck area.  The real reason we lost in Melbourne is that Smith controlled the ruck.  His distribution was superior to ours and he continually put pressure on our half.  The Rorters don't have anyone who comes near his skill level.  And King, Kite and Rose need to be told to quicken up.  Defense is the key to this game.  Put pressure on Pearce and his kicking game falls down.     

Evo link said:
Read with interest Susan's and other points re. Snake....but the ballpark has changed due to injury.

We must keep halves together to develop. Thought it was wrong to move Foran to centres esp with Ballin groggy. Way too much pressure on DCE in first game. Choc wider and out of the road to me would have been a better option.

That said, to me maybe playing the Foran brothers + Oldfield is our best option for Sunday, as at least the Bros. know each others game?

1. Snake
2. Robbo
3. Trex
4. K. Foran
5. Oldfield
6. L Foran
7. DCE

Thoughts and other options?

In the short term, the game, i would have though Jamie B as an option at hooker and maybe DCE and seu seu would have been an option as they were the halves pairing in the sunny coast on many occasions. Seu seu just looks better as a ball player than a distributor IMO

He gets excited when he sees options in front of him. He is no cliffy but he knows how to create options on moving defence. He isnt the worlds safest, 5/8 but he makes the defence rush when he holds the ball out

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Michael oldfield
04. Tony Williams
05. David Williams
06. Kieran foran
07. DCE
08. Jason king
09. Matt ballin
10. Brent kite
11. Anthony watmough
12. Jamie buhrer