Sniffing at Munster?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Fits right in then with the snow blower bondi crowd. I hope they do sign him so it will just illustrate the mockery that club makes of the nrl.
you reckon they have a break after training and captain says

ok boys, if you got em, blow em

would be totally unsustainable trying to make it the big 4 with someone like Munster . Would think that the Storm should or would be able to still accommodate him even as a million dollar man .
If you say Manly could not sustain 4 players on mega deals (and I agree) why do you think Storm could? They've just signed Pap, Grant and Hughes to giant long term deals, and this is the reason they only offered a reduced deal to Munster (according to 'reports').

If you say Manly could not sustain 4 players on mega deals (and I agree) why do you think Storm could? They've just signed Pap, Grant and Hughes to giant long term deals, and this is the reason they only offered a reduced deal to Munster (according to 'reports').
They don’t have Uncle Nick !

Mark, Mark, Mark, how could you be so cynical:eek:……………………..and yet probably so accurate, you’d think this sort of thing had, allegedly, happened before with player signings.@:rolleyes:
Yes I know it’s cynical, but you have to admit the Roosters rarely miss their man and I believe the Sombrero is alive and well.

They would have all these deals locked down and squeaky clean , with only a Forensic accountant being able to really find out what was happening.

We all laugh about it but otherwise how do they stack their side like they do??

I believe the Cronk , post retirement coaching role is a perfect example, probably does **** all, $500k a year for 4-5 years, how about that for a signing bonus and no where near the cap!

The Storm are just as devious as Uncle Nick in circumventing the salary cap.

That recent article, for example, about a Storm executive starting up a cryptocurrency company & offering shares to Storm players before it went public.

Yes I know it’s cynical, but you have to admit the Roosters rarely miss their man and I believe the Sombrero is alive and well.

They would have all these deals locked down and squeaky clean , with only a Forensic accountant being able to really find out what was happening.

We all laugh about it but otherwise how do they stack their side like they do??

I believe the Cronk , post retirement coaching role is a perfect example, probably does **** all, $500k a year for 4-5 years, how about that for a signing bonus and no where near the cap!
Its just so obvious isnt it?

Add in the fact they employ the NRL salary cap auditor (Ian Schubert) to make sure they're always under the cap (& pigs might fly) & it's like giving Dracula a job at the blood bank.

He’s known to party yeah, but so are 99% of nrl players as well. He’s just had a kid and took the initiative to check himself into rehab to tackle previous issues. He is in career best form and is an absolute freak. Not to mention his branding that comes with his talent, he is one of the most marketable players in the comp.

If you turned down the opportunity to sign him then you’ve got rocks in your head. Not saying we’re going to get him but if we did he’d be the biggest signing we’ve made in a long, long time. Even bigger than Jamie Lyon and that coup was huge.

The Storm are just as devious as Uncle Nick in circumventing the salary cap.

That recent article, for example, about a Storm executive starting up a cryptocurrency company & offering shares to Storm players before it went public.
I believe they were also millions over the cap a few years back.

We need to sign someone "of note" at some stage to prove we are still in the market and serious about winning a premiership.

We employ Fulton, Cleal, Warwick and all they've come up with is Bullemor (and apparently our caps strapped).

Before people say we have a nursery of players to draw on and upgrade, we are so far from Penrith in that field it isn't funny.

Acquiring fringe first graders is very hit and miss. Harper, Boyle, Saab, Bullemor. They can have some great games. But unlike the marquee guys, they'll experience many highs and lows.

Roosters , nah easy.

Cam, here’s the deal , on the cap we’ll pay you $550k, now you’ll get a 1.8 million 2 bedroom apartment overlooking Bondi , so over 3 years that’s 1.15 million a year , but we know that not enough so as a sign on bonus you’ll play golf v Uncle Nick ( and he’s a **** golfer ) it’ll be $50k a hole , in cash , zero tax as it’s betting. You’ll have to struggle for 18 holes so there’s another $900k or over 3 years it brings up your overall pay to $1.45 million a year AND the best thing , you’ll only pay tax on the $550k.

Ah…..where do I sign !!!
The only thing that’s not believable about this scenario is that you could get a 2 bedroom apartment overlooking Bondi for $1.8m!

Before people say we have a nursery of players to draw on and upgrade, we are so far from Penrith in that field it isn't funny.

Penrith have a giant footprint so will always be strong here but in terms of referencing our....shall we say golden generation to theirs, well they are a few years ahead of us.

Cleary, To'o, Crichton, Luai, martin, Leota etc all came through together

The main chunk of ours are just starting to debut or are still on their way in Koula, Weekes, B Trbojevic, L Fainu, Sa Fainu, Tuitavake etc etc

Thats not to say we will emulate or exceed Penrith as that current class is exceptional. A group of which you rarely see come through together.

Simply saying comparing 22-24 yr olds with 17-21 yr olds is not quite a fair comparison.

Even our two forebearers in Shuster and Olakau'atu are really only in there second full season

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8